A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving 12 Whalen Release Discussion 10

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
automator
Nobody

Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:29 pm

This topic is dedicated to release discussion for A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving 12 Whalen - 1st

KNEEL13
EB Team

Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:30 pm

ImageImage

Charlie: I can't cook a Thanksgiving dinner. All I can make is cold cereal and maybe toast.
Linus: That's right. I've seen you make toast. You can't butter it, but maybe we can help you.

We can help too, Charlie Brown, and so can artist Tom Whalen!!

Dark Hall Mansion, http://www.DarkHallMansion.com, is thrilled to release our first ever Officially licensed Peanuts print for the Thanksgiving classic, Charles M. Schulz' "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving."

On sale next Tuesday, Oct 2, 2012 at 9:30 AM PST, make sure you get a little more than just toast, pretzels, jellybeans and popcorn for this Thanksgiving and get it early so you have plenty of time to enjoy Tom Whalen's outstanding take on the Schulz masterpiece this holiday season.

Artist Tom Whalen has done it again! Building on his two brilliant sold out releases from 2011, Great Pumpkin and Charlie Brown, Christmas, this is our first release for "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" and we couldn't be more excited to share this with everyone. Tom has outdone himself with one of his most charming works of art to date.

A lot of things really rocked about the '70s, not the least of which was having Charlie, Snoopy and the whole gang over every year at Thanksgiving time on TV!! Old friends dropping by, their arrival on TV meant you were in the home stretch and the holidays were now truly going into full swing!

And only Sally, Charlie's little sister, could open a now mandatory Thanksgiving classic in this manner and have it met with our collective smiles year after year decades later:

Sally Brown: What's the matter, big brother?
Charlie Brown: Nothing. I was just checking the mailbox.
Sally Brown: What did you expect, a turkey card?

We think you'll agree Tom's art reveals just how excited he was to finally be able to showcase Snoopy and Woodstock as well as bring you old friends like Franklin, Marcie and the legendary Peppermint Patty, whose Thanksgiving rant paved the way for a gently touching reminder and prayer from Linus that helps us all remember just what the true meaning of giving thanks and being together is all about.

Tom's artwork is all warm Fall tones, falling leaves, comforted smiles, '70s touches, including those classic '70s chairs, most notably with a special appearance by a certain folding chair that had the audacity to take on Snoopy earlier in this
Thanksgiving classic, a little nest for beloved Woodstock, and a backyard feast like no other.

His Variant print maintains that Thanksgiving spirit while punching up the colors for a little injection of fun and color craziness.

So please remember to make time for family, friends and loved ones this Fall, and sit down with Peanuts, old friends that remind us all just how human we all are, how much more we all share in common than differences, and let Bill Melendez' brilliant direction (see his overdue credit on this poster!) and Vince Guaraldi's masterful score and too cool jazz whisk you away reminding you what truly matters. Slow down just a moment for it all, so when a certain someone asks the timeless question, we can all answer with love and mean it:

"Peppermint Patty: What's this? A piece of toast? A pretzel stick? Popcorn? What blockhead cooked all this?"

Snoopy, Woodstock, Charlie and Linus did Patty, and we're all the better for it!!!

All editions are 18" x 24," strictly limited, numbered, and hand-pulled screenprints by the good folks at DL Screenprinting
with Editions as follows:
Standard: "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" (Edition of 300)
Variant: "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" (Edition 50)

And a very select special Wood Edition of just 15 of each style-Standard or Variant artwork-printed on 18" x 24" Maple wood:
"A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" (Standard artwork) on Maple wood (Edition of 15)
"A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" (Variant artwork) on Maple wood (Edition of 15)

Standard: $65
Variant: $100
Wood Editions: $250

All Editions on sale next Tuesday, Oct, 2, 2012 at Dark Hall Mansion:
http://www.DarkHallMansion.com

They'll go on sale right here on our dedicated Store page at precisely 9:30 AM PST: http: http://www.darkhallmansionstore.com

Thanks much and we'll see you next Tues!

Linus: "In the year 1621, the Pilgrims held their first Thanksgiving feast. They invited the great Indian chief Massasoit, who brought ninety of his brave Indians and a great abundance of food. Governor William Bradford and Captain Miles Standish were honored guests. Elder William Brewster, who was a minister, said a prayer that went something like this: 'We thank God for our homes and our food and our safety in a new land. We thank God for the opportunity to create a new world for freedom and justice."

Peppermint Patty: Amen."

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, God bless,

The Mansion
http://www.DarkHallMansion.com
Last edited by KNEEL13 on Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
rmoore
Art Expert

Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:31 pm

Haha, finally Thanksgiving gets some love! My favorite CB cartoon of the 3 main ones, anyway.

Green is where it's at on this one. Nice job, Tom!
Celsius
Flipper

Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:33 pm

OH! MY! GOD!
"Beautiful white wings for you. For the world? Death and destruction." - Spoiler Character (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)

https://plushart.club
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:33 pm

and celsius and superfro33 go splooge
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:35 pm

This is great, will be shooting for a set. :drool: :clap:
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
thebends9
Art Expert

Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:36 pm

yawn
HollyW00d
Art Connoisseur

Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:45 pm

Ask and you shall receive :D

Knew they had more Whalen coming
RiotAct
EB Trainee

Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:48 pm

I can probably try for this for someone... preferably someone who is going to the Universal monsters show next month in Austin and can reciprocate. Hit me up if you'd like to scratch my back while I scratch yours :D

(never gone for anything on DHM's site before, just a caveat. Looks like a standard paypal button setup?)
1000steps wrote:Gift payments are like unprotected sex - always a bad idea with strangers... If you are gonna do it, do it with someone you trust absolutely.
nevadinova
Art Expert

Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:20 am

haha...sweet. This one isn't really that great, but will be a nice addition to complete the Whalen holiday set.
Superfro33
Art Expert

Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:07 am

:drool:

Week after the Gallery show will probably keep me to only getting the reg. :cry:
mobius006
Art Freak

Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:01 am

Ugh... Need to hide this from the gf..

Edit:
Also dhm needs to stop writing like every print is a print from god. Some times the monkey just needs his fix..
mfwit
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:39 am

Superfro33 wrote::drool:

Week after the Gallery show will probably keep me to only getting the reg. :cry:
Week after the Gallery show and somehow I'm gonna need to get both. :pint:
HollyW00d
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:28 am

Keep it coming Tom, I need a Charlie Brown print for every season and holiday so there's always one hanging up on the wall.
Superfro33
Art Expert

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:08 am

mfwit wrote:
Superfro33 wrote::drool:

Week after the Gallery show and somehow I'm gonna need to get both. :pint:
Well...I need both...but will only be able to get the one. :lol: :? :cry: