LV Child 05 Beejoir

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody
Posts: 129959
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:00 am

Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:19 pm

This topic is dedicated to: LV Child 05 Beejoir

Image
ricosg11
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:00 am

Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:20 pm

Awesome piece, have one on the way from the man him self.

Should add that the large canvas is an edition of 3 and the 18 x 24ish canvas is an edition of 7.

Scott
ricosg11
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:00 am

Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:33 pm

first edition is out of 35 not 10, 5 ap's diff color backgrounds on each. two sizes in canvas' see above comment. no second edition
User avatar
admonkey
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:00 am
Location: The Ad Jungle

Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:31 am

Looks like he's trying to poop a handbag.
iratasan
Flipper
Posts: 10055
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Milliways
Contact:

Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:15 pm

i just don't get this kinda stuff.
Tundra
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:00 am

Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:45 pm

15 million children starved to death last year, that's a nice handbag. What's not to get?
password
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 322
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:00 am
Location: Southern California

Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:22 pm

iratasan wrote:i just don't get this kinda stuff.
The fact that people don't "get" poverty, suffering, or famine is the reason that art like this needs to be made.
iratasan
Flipper
Posts: 10055
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Milliways
Contact:

Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:02 am

Tundra wrote:15 million children starved to death last year, that's a nice handbag. What's not to get?
i don't get why this is resold for thousand of dollars. don't worry i get this sad try of social/political engagement.
password wrote:
iratasan wrote:i just don't get this kinda stuff.
The fact that people don't "get" poverty, suffering, or famine is the reason that art like this needs to be made.
:lol:

yeah, because this print will make people aware of that. that is either naive or hypocritical.
Eighty
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 437
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:08 am

Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:44 am

iratasan wrote: i don't get why this is resold for thousand of dollars. don't worry i get this sad try of social/political engagement.
Speculation. Most people buy it in the hope that in a few years time it will be worth ten times what they paid.
iratasan
Flipper
Posts: 10055
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Milliways
Contact:

Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:54 am

Eighty wrote:
iratasan wrote: i don't get why this is resold for thousand of dollars. don't worry i get this sad try of social/political engagement.
Speculation. Most people buy it in the hope that in a few years time it will be worth ten times what they paid.
most likely. sadly that might even become true.
password
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 322
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:00 am
Location: Southern California

Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:13 pm

iratasan wrote: :lol:

yeah, because this print will make people aware of that. that is either naive or hypocritical.
No matter what your narrow-minded opinion is regarding the effectiveness of the artwork itself, the money made by the entire unsigned run of these went to charity.
User avatar
dr_flie
Art Expert
Posts: 2815
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:51 pm

Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:17 pm

These are up right now (sculptures). Had one in my cart, but too broke to go through with it. www.tlsg.co.uk
pjtaper
Art Freak
Posts: 10371
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:00 am
Location: Waiting on EMEKs site for another sale...

Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:42 pm

whew, got one!
excellent!!!
my FIRST BEEJOIR!!!!!!
iratasan
Flipper
Posts: 10055
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Milliways
Contact:

Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:01 pm

password wrote:
iratasan wrote: :lol:

yeah, because this print will make people aware of that. that is either naive or hypocritical.
No matter what your narrow-minded opinion is regarding the effectiveness of the artwork itself, the money made by the entire unsigned run of these went to charity.
:lol:

yeah, calling someone narrow minded because you don't like his opinion is really NOT narrow minded.

for the other part: impressive. charity you say, eh? for the unsigned edition? wow. :wink:

add: live8 anyone? what's that smell? ah, yeah: hypocrisy.

2nd add: just saw Paris Pink 07 BAST - 1st in your ISOs, so don't bother answering. it all makes sense now.
User avatar
choke
Art Expert
Posts: 5143
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:00 am

Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:55 pm

iratasan wrote: for the other part: impressive. charity you say, eh? for the unsigned edition? wow. :wink:
The signed edition was an edition of 35 for ~$70 each = $2450

The unsigned was an edition of 400 for ~$70 each = $28000.

So, yeah, I would say that's pretty drymounting impressive

Also, all proceeds made by SOS on these statues (i.e., -tlsg's revenue) is reportedly also going all to charity.
Post Reply