Terror from Outer Space 12 Valenzuela Release Discussion 03/

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
automator
Nobody

Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:09 am

This topic is dedicated to release discussion for Terror from Outer Space 12 Valenzuela - 1st

woodyland
Art Expert

Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:40 pm

Yes! I saw this yesterday & tho't how cool it was, 4 color w/a hand varnish @ $40 shipped meant but, I mean, c'mon, it's a space chick. Seriously tho', this is a screen? And only 4 colors? I'm really looking forward to seeing this one up close. Price was actually 20£ shipped UK & 25£/shipped worldwide. Now I need to know how to make the British pounds "L" on my mac. When I was in Portland a kind gentleman showed me how to make the divide symbol, ÷ option+forward slash, so if anyone knows please post, thanks in advance.

Thanks summoner!

I just heard from the distributor. These are #'d only.
Last edited by woodyland on Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
They're a Band Beyond Description, like Jehovah's Favorite Choir
summoner
Art Freak

Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:42 pm

woodyland wrote:Yes! I saw this yesterday & tho't how cool it was, 4 color w/a hand varnish @ $40 shipped meant but, I mean, c'mon, it's a space chick. Seriously tho', this is a screen? And only 4 colors? I'm really looking forward to seeing this one up close. Price was actually 20pounds shipped UK & 25L/shipped worldwide. Now I need to know how to make the British pounds "L" on my mac. When I was in Portland a kind gentleman showed me how to make the divide symbol, ÷ option+forward slash, so if anyone knows please post, thanks in advance.
Woody, you do it with Option+3. That gives you the £ :)
Image Image Image
Dario33
Art Expert

Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:08 pm

Great print and the guys are Under the Floorboards are a class act. 8)
guerilladubber
Art Expert

Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:44 pm

I am also confused on the 4 color- snagged it tho.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
summoner
Art Freak

Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:49 pm

Missed out, they are now sold out. If anyone regrets this purchase, please let me know!
Image Image Image
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:54 pm

guerilladubber wrote:I am also confused on the 4 color- snagged it tho.
I assume it's a 4 color (CMYK) print. It can be nice with a screenprint, the only problem is that screenprints generally can't get a fine enough halftone and in the end, it becomes problemsome for the viewer. Just my $.02.

Only sample I have unfortunately is Imbue's Just In Case..
photo(1).JPG
photo.JPG
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
woodyland
Art Expert

Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:08 pm

Sold out & shipping by the end of the week :shock: ? What is this world coming to when available to purchase prints are actually ready to ship. :clap: :clap: :notworthy:
They're a Band Beyond Description, like Jehovah's Favorite Choir
fCon
Art Expert

Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:05 pm

halftonegraphics wrote:I assume it's a 4 color (CMYK) print. It can be nice with a screenprint, the only problem is that screenprints generally can't get a fine enough halftone and in the end, it becomes problemsome for the viewer. Just my $.02.
I guess it is similar to Lure Design's Life of Brian which is also a four-color screen print? Is that a Halftone with this CMYK dot-pattern look?

guerilladubber
Art Expert

Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:12 pm

ok got you. the dot thing. like the Ames bros 98/99 phish nye print... So the dot thing is CMYK? direct translation CMYK= Dot Thing. got it.
I still see more than four colors. obviously blending contributes to this but, I dont know. Can an artist please put into words what I'm trying to think!? :D
How does dot thing make it look like so many colors?! I'm just genuinely curious. very excited to see this in person.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
kbohannon
Art Enthusiast

Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:10 am

guerilladubber wrote:ok got you. the dot thing. like the Ames bros 98/99 phish nye print... So the dot thing is CMYK? direct translation CMYK= Dot Thing. got it.
I still see more than four colors. obviously blending contributes to this but, I dont know. Can an artist please put into words what I'm trying to think!? :D
How does dot thing make it look like so many colors?! I'm just genuinely curious. very excited to see this in person.
Main article: Halftone

With CMYK printing, halftoning (also called screening) allows for less than full saturation of the primary colors; tiny dots of each primary color are printed in a pattern small enough that human beings perceive a solid color. Magenta printed with a 20% halftone, for example, produces a pink color, because the eye perceives the tiny magenta large dots and the white paper between the dots as lighter and less saturated than the color of pure magenta ink.

Without halftoning, the three primary process colors could be printed only as solid blocks of color, and therefore could produce only seven colors: the three primaries themselves, plus three complementary colors produced by layering two of the primaries: cyan and yellow produce green, cyan and magenta produce a purplish blue, yellow and magenta produce red (these subtractive complementary colors correspond roughly to the additive primary colors) plus layering all three of them resulting in black. With halftoning, a full continuous range of colors can be produced.
-Wikipedia

I believe this explains what your thinking about?
harrykeogh
Art Expert

Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:29 am

Would be in love with it if it was 24X36.
simianfever
Art Expert

Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:29 pm

Damn, that looks cool. Added to the ever growing want list. Would love to see some additional pics once someone has it in hand.
heartstrand
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:52 pm

Saw this in the flesh today, you won't be disappointed - the colours are amazing and the spot varnish really makes a difference when it catches the light.

(I didn't receive one, saw them at the underthefloorboards office picking up something else)
SKEEEZ
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:44 am

These must have been posted out yesterday. My postman just left a note to say there is a tube waiting at the PO for me. He must have knocked the door with a feather as I was in but didn't hear a bloody thing!

I'll guess I can wait until tomorrow..