Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan 12 Stout

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:10 pm

This topic is dedicated to: Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan 12 Stout

Darkknight37
Art Expert

Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:14 pm

Totally awesome. No ear space slug present on the poster though?
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:18 pm

Love it. Love that Spock is bigger than Kirk.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
thebends9
Art Expert

Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:41 pm

Cool, however I was expecting more.
RiotAct
EB Team

Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:41 pm

the colors on the reg work so well together
tweetick
Art Connoisseur

Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:11 pm

The colors do work well. And is it full bleed? I'm digging the run size, too. There should be plenty to go around.
jlabbate
Art Freak

Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:29 pm

RiotAct wrote:the colors on the reg work so well together
yup..red POPS nicely!
entropy
Art Connoisseur

Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:40 pm

Appears to be a must have for those that have Martin Ansin's Space Seed. Will make a nice set. Seeing them side by side though... I much prefer Space Seed.

ImageImage

The one thing that bugs me about Tyler Stout is that he's a bit predictable. It's a plus that he has an instantly recognizable style, which is very comic book like... I mean, who can't already envision what Stout's Escape From New York will look like? I just wish he'd really surprise us every now and then. Artists like M. Ansin and Jay Shaw are totally unpredictable. I'd think that's partially because they're fearless and totally confident in what designs they'll come up with. Tyler is playing it a bit safe, I think.
I like the colors on the Khan poster though.

Disclaimer: I don't collect Mondo, so my words don't count for anything here. But I once owned Stout's The Thing and Blade Runner posters :)
cberk533
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:21 am

Sick I hope to get either regular or variant (or both lol) to go with my moss star trek. Stout does it again and again what could be next? Drive....
treejam1
Art Expert

Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:36 am

great for a trace...
maden
Art Expert

Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:42 am

treejam1 wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Kinda like the comments you made about Stout tracing?
that was the old TJ... Old news.... I've learned my lesson.
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around

Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:20 am

FACE.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
bisondice
Art Expert

Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:39 am

KHHHAAAAAAANNNN!!!!!!! ehhh
ErocAfellar wrote:Once you start buying art for the image and not the perceived value, it becomes more fun and less stressful.
netluffyg
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:06 am

entropy wrote:Appears to be a must have for those that have Martin Ansin's Space Seed. Will make a nice set. Seeing them side by side though... I much prefer Space Seed.

ImageImage

The one thing that bugs me about Tyler Stout is that he's a bit predictable. It's a plus that he has an instantly recognizable style, which is very comic book like... I mean, who can't already envision what Stout's Escape From New York will look like? I just wish he'd really surprise us every now and then. Artists like M. Ansin and Jay Shaw are totally unpredictable. I'd think that's partially because they're fearless and totally confident in what designs they'll come up with. Tyler is playing it a bit safe, I think.
I like the colors on the Khan poster though.

Disclaimer: I don't collect Mondo, so my words don't count for anything here. But I once owned Stout's The Thing and Blade Runner posters :)

You could not be more right on all accounts. Stout had a noticeable (and classic) floating head style of design. But Ansin and IJ are unpredictable (and so, my 2 favorite artists at the moment). The fact that Ansin can do the same sort of style as Stout in his Mummy print, but then is strong enough to achieve something like his Bride and then go in a completely different direction and do a scenic print like A Wretched Hive- he takes risks. (hope this was coherent enough... I should post in the I'M DRUNK thread). It's sort of my problem with Keyes, but he makes up for it in his social/political commentary.
adamsmasher wrote: There is not enough wall space for ambivalence.
Kdh12
Art Freak

Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:32 am

maden wrote:
treejam1 wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Kinda like the comments you made about Stout tracing?
that was the old TJ... Old news.... I've learned my lesson.
treejam1 wrote:great for a trace...

I guess some people don't change as much as they think they do
mmmm Beer :pint: