Place for UK users to gather/trade/chat!

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
Chenley123
Art Expert

Thu May 09, 2013 6:10 am

I need to borrow a power sander, after seeing the size of it I'm not messing around!
jampar5000
Art Expert

Thu May 09, 2013 6:19 am

dearmrecho wrote:I still haven't done anything with my wretched looking set... but now the brighter weather is here i should be able to get on with it soon.
pics please so we can see the "before"
LeeKaye wrote:I liked it, but I am trying to resist the lure of one more 'wafer thin print'
burndisneyland
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 09, 2013 7:10 am

I move FAR too often to get a flat file. If I ever settle in a long term residence I'll be all about a school plan chest (hopefully one that is getting ripped out of a place I'm working).
RupertPupkin wrote: Be careful of EB, it can be very addictive and financially disastrous!
Chenley123
Art Expert

Thu May 09, 2013 7:16 am

burndisneyland wrote:I move FAR too often to get a flat file. If I ever settle in a long term residence I'll be all about a school plan chest (hopefully one that is getting ripped out of a place I'm working).
You do live in Armley, if you catch someone on day release they'll probably rip one out for £10
Fattyramone
Art Expert

Thu May 09, 2013 7:21 am

Chenley123 wrote:I need to borrow a power sander, after seeing the size of it I'm not messing around!
Try nitomores and broken glass.

Seriously about the broken glass , we had to use it when we were working on an English Heritage job at Buckden Towers once (Health and Safety would never allow it now thou! :hanging: )

Just get an old gash pane of glass , smash it then taking a piece that has a two or three inch straight surface just "shave" it off...works wonderful honestly.
philipanderson
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 09, 2013 7:26 am

Does anyone in the UK have one of these they might want to get rid of?

Looking to pay about £40 to plug this gap in the old collection - PM me if you can help. :clap:
Hensh86
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 09, 2013 9:36 am

fitz wrote:Welcome.

Lincoln eh? Do you frequent the Wig & Mitre? (the only pub in Lincoln I have ever been to)

You should be able to pick up a Beetlejuice somewhere on the site for near to cost but the others you are after would all cost serious (for prints) amounts of money so I hope you are feeling flush!

Hi Fritz

To be honest I live in a town called Retford. About 15 mins from Lincoln so don't get out there much.
I go to the Engine shed on occasion and a few other pubs around and about but not sure of the names.

H
http://www.Vice-Press.com
Follow me on twitter @hensh86 @vicepressnews
Or follow on Facebook http://www.Facebook.com/Vice-Press.com
Hensh86
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 09, 2013 9:47 am

OtomoChaser wrote:Welcome dude!
The tax thread will be your best friend. So damn useful,has saved me a drymountin fortune already!

In the short term,here is a code you need to get private sellers to write on your tube:

"UK CUSTOMS TARIFF 9702 00 00 (REF. HMRC NOTICE 702 - APRIL 2010) HAND SCREEN PRINTED LIMITED EDITION ART @ 5% VAT

This will save you 15% in tax!!! :shock:

Here is the link to the thread:
http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... &start=120

Thanks, man. Appreciate it.

Has anyone ever been stung when ordering direct from Mondo??

I did on my last print.

Hensh
http://www.Vice-Press.com
Follow me on twitter @hensh86 @vicepressnews
Or follow on Facebook http://www.Facebook.com/Vice-Press.com
fitz
Art Expert

Thu May 09, 2013 10:05 am

^^ something seems to be going wrong when you quote messages? Are you deleting any square brackets? :)
nocodept
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 09, 2013 12:53 pm

sold
Last edited by nocodept on Thu May 09, 2013 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a rooster like a burmese python, and the mind of a drymounting scientist."
Kenny Powers
1nkling
Site Admin

Thu May 09, 2013 12:55 pm

fitz wrote:^^ something seems to be going wrong when you quote messages? Are you deleting any square brackets? :)
Fixed the quotes for you. Every quote has to have a start and an end. i.e. quote and a /quote..

I notice you didn't correct him on calling you 'Fritz' though fitz.. :lol:
My up to date trades and ISOs.
deestar
Art Expert

Thu May 09, 2013 1:08 pm

nocodept wrote:i was pd for mondo ed 2 today´s drop but the pb just told me that he got the print and he doesn´t need the print that i bought to him!...

if anyone wants it i could sell it for my cost plus shipping and pp fees...

let me know

(eu based)
I think i know someone if you still have it? (JohnKino may be after one)
nocodept
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 09, 2013 1:19 pm

already sold, sorry!
"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a rooster like a burmese python, and the mind of a drymounting scientist."
Kenny Powers
whippet
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 09, 2013 5:00 pm

That Joe Wilson print is gorgeous. Well done. :clap:

Sadly I can't get up to Leeds then. Looking forward to seeing more.

Question Chenley. Could you give me a ballpark figure after paying, Joe, hiring the cinema etc? No worries if you can't tell me that.
Thought about doing something similar in London.
Kerrick
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 09, 2013 5:23 pm

Can you guys give me any tips on convincing people on sending expensive prints with a lower value?
Been looking for an Acedia but I usually get the silence treatment as soon as the topic comes up.

60% of 500$ on customs is way too much for my blood.