The Life Aquatic 10 Schaefer Release Discussion 11/15/10

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
automator
Nobody
Posts: 131083
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:00 am

Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:49 am

This topic is dedicated to release discussion for The Life Aquatic 10 Schaefer - 1st

Image
User avatar
pencilfightchamp
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 502
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:52 pm
Location: Norman, OK

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:05 pm

Was going to try for this one, but sold out pretty quickly. I'm curious as to why Brandon Schaefer prints have such limited runs for these art shows. I really wish I had a chance at his Shaun of the Dead print for the Crazy 4 Cult show, but those didn't even make it online. Ah well, one of these days I'll snag one of his prints.
User avatar
JAWilmesJr
Art Expert
Posts: 1850
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:55 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:11 pm

I have a few of his prints, it's kinda cool that they are small runs but yeah it does suck that they are harder to get that way. Have you seen his "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" print? Why I didn't buy it at the G1988 show is beyond me, very very stupid of me. That and "Shaun" were runs of 10, his "Brand Crossing" was a run of 5, so 50 is a pretty big step up. Congrats to those that got this one, I really wanted one but wasn't around when it went up.
Goonies never say die!
User avatar
rubberneck
Art God
Posts: 25852
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:26 pm

Was watching this all day too but at the key time, got the red banner...'the last one is being purchased by someone else' followed promptly by sold out... :cry:

I liked the aged effect similar to Eric Tans 'Hill Valley'.... ah well... picked up two others from the show...Sperry & Dalton so I can't complain too much...

Any chance of releasing that SOTD JAWilmesJr? :wink:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0


"rara charta, gravi negotio"
BWarn
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:33 pm

In the unlikely event someone has buyers remorse, hit me up! Really depressed I missed this drop.

Oh, and it's out of 15, not 50.
southerngarden
Art Expert
Posts: 4468
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:43 pm
Location: Miami & The FL Keys

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:37 pm

same here, watched this ALL DAMN DAY and right when the buy button appeared i clicked it and got the red banner....LAME!

really wanted this print! why were there only 15 made? and that means im lucky if half that got offered up in this sale! also was this a screenprint?

ive got the recent EMEK WEEN print for trade if anyone doesnt feel like keeping this one...
User avatar
JAWilmesJr
Art Expert
Posts: 1850
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:55 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:40 pm

rubberneck wrote: Any chance of releasing that SOTD JAWilmesJr? :wink:
Not to likely, one of the few prints my girlfriend "loves." It would take a small fortune to get that out of my hands.
BWarn wrote:In the unlikely event someone has buyers remorse, hit me up! Really depressed I missed this drop.

Oh, and it's out of 15, not 50.
Don't know where I saw 50, 15 makes more sense for his stuff. Bummed, I can't add this one to the collection.
Goonies never say die!
User avatar
rubberneck
Art God
Posts: 25852
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:52 pm

southerngarden wrote:same here, watched this ALL DAMN DAY and right when the buy button appeared i clicked it and got the red banner....LAME!

really wanted this print! why were there only 15 made? and that means im lucky if half that got offered up in this sale! also was this a screenprint?

ive got the recent EMEK WEEN print for trade if anyone doesnt feel like keeping this one...
From Brandons Website:

The Bad Dad's Show is currently going on at San Fransisco's LoPo Gallery, and due to a series of unfortunate events involving an Epson printer of mine, my 'Life Aquatic' print is limited to an edition of 15........ :hanging:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0


"rara charta, gravi negotio"
User avatar
pencilfightchamp
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 502
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:52 pm
Location: Norman, OK

Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:05 pm

JAWilmesJr wrote:I have a few of his prints, it's kinda cool that they are small runs but yeah it does suck that they are harder to get that way. Have you seen his "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" print? Why I didn't buy it at the G1988 show is beyond me, very very stupid of me. That and "Shaun" were runs of 10, his "Brand Crossing" was a run of 5, so 50 is a pretty big step up. Congrats to those that got this one, I really wanted one but wasn't around when it went up.
Oh yeah, I saw the Monty Python and Holy Grail print on his flickr page. That one and the Shaun of the Dead print are probably my two most coveted of his work. Good work on the Shaun of the Dead, I'd definitely hold on to that one, too. Especially since it's highly unlikely any will ever come up for sale.

At least he has open editions for some of his designs. There are a few of those I'll likely pick up at some point in the near future.
southerngarden
Art Expert
Posts: 4468
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:43 pm
Location: Miami & The FL Keys

Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:40 pm

rubberneck wrote:
southerngarden wrote:same here, watched this ALL DAMN DAY and right when the buy button appeared i clicked it and got the red banner....LAME!

really wanted this print! why were there only 15 made? and that means im lucky if half that got offered up in this sale! also was this a screenprint?

ive got the recent EMEK WEEN print for trade if anyone doesnt feel like keeping this one...
From Brandons Website:

The Bad Dad's Show is currently going on at San Fransisco's LoPo Gallery, and due to a series of unfortunate events involving an Epson printer of mine, my 'Life Aquatic' print is limited to an edition of 15........ :hanging:
seriously?!! his printer broke so he just stopped making em? im not a big fan of paying $50 for stuff coming outta epsons anyways! :roll:
User avatar
chalkdust
Art Expert
Posts: 7157
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:00 am
Location: St. Louis

Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:31 am

southerngarden wrote: im not a big fan of paying $50 for stuff coming outta epsons anyways!
Image
User avatar
desch
Art Expert
Posts: 3236
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 4:15 am
Location: Denver

Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:26 am

Have you seen his "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" print?
Does anybody have a picture of that Holy Grail print? I'd like to see it.
“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.”
“The Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing.” R. Mueller
User avatar
pencilfightchamp
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 502
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:52 pm
Location: Norman, OK

Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:40 am

desch wrote: Does anybody have a picture of that Holy Grail print? I'd like to see it.
Image

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brandonsch ... 840130552/
seekandspeak
Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:47 am
Contact:

Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:36 am

Just dropping in to say thanks to everyone that's been interested in my work; it's honestly a pleasure to hear. As was posted, I had a string of bad luck with my printer. It's a story I'll skip, because it would put everyone to sleep, but I'm outsourcing to a third party now. So, larger runs, and larger pieces.
southerngarden wrote:seriously?!! his printer broke so he just stopped making em? im not a big fan of paying $50 for stuff coming outta epsons anyways! :roll:
I was under-prepared for the show. I would've liked to have had a larger run and tackled more pieces, but given the aforementioned printing issues coupled with work related circumstances, I did the best I could. I take extreme care to ensure the quality of the prints that I produce, though. As for pricing, every show is a learning experience. I'll consider your concerns in the future.
BWarn
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:49 am

seekandspeak wrote:Just dropping in to say thanks to everyone that's been interested in my work; it's honestly a pleasure to hear. As was posted, I had a string of bad luck with my printer. It's a story I'll skip, because it would put everyone to sleep, but I'm outsourcing to a third party now. So, larger runs, and larger pieces.
southerngarden wrote:seriously?!! his printer broke so he just stopped making em? im not a big fan of paying $50 for stuff coming outta epsons anyways! :roll:
I was under-prepared for the show. I would've liked to have had a larger run and tackled more pieces, but given the aforementioned printing issues coupled with work related circumstances, I did the best I could. I take extreme care to ensure the quality of the prints that I produce, though. As for pricing, every show is a learning experience. I'll consider your concerns in the future.
Thanks for responding!

Is there a chance of doing an open edition or second run of some sort?
Post Reply