Phish Providence 10 Spusta Release Discussion 10/22/10

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
automator
Nobody

Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:26 pm

This topic is dedicated to release discussion for Phish Providence 10 Spusta - 1st

coleslaw
Art Expert

Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:03 pm

I won the Phish lottery :D
Thanks Marq!!! :notworthy:
“But as Garcia said, you know, the '60s ain't over till the fat lady gets high. And that means that whatever it takes to get you high: sometimes grief, sometimes it's prayer, fasting. I prefer a joint.”-Ken Kesey
macc5
EB Team

Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:08 pm

coleslaw wrote:I won the Phish lottery :D
Thanks Marq!!! :notworthy:

good for you Dustin! :clap: :pint:
ICCULIS
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:38 pm

i didn't (well - I wasn't notified yet if I did) but I was curious about this lottery.

I would love the opportunity to purchase one for face. I was at the show if anyone really cares, which I know around here no one really cares for anyone else really.....so back about the Spusta Lottery....

I have 5-6 Spusta's at home - none of them purchased thru his website. Some were bought at shows, some trades, and others from the Dogfish Head site. The way his lotto read was that I had to have previoulsly bought a print from him, through his site in order to even be considered a lottery entry? Is that correct?

if so, not too fan friendly, IMO. am I reading his lottery info correctly......?
southerngarden
Art Expert

Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:45 pm

yeah, that seems to be the deal...you could of bought something in his sale yesterday to qualify...im like you, lots of spusta, none bought directly from him...until yesteday, i picked up the BK fox print and entered the lotto...

i guess if the lotto emails went out...im not a winner...sucks cause i really like this print, love all the ocean imagery...guess im still ISO
ICCULIS
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:49 pm

southerngarden wrote:yeah, that seems to be the deal...you could of bought something in his sale yesterday to qualify...im like you, lots of spusta, none bought directly from him...

yep - that's how Marq business model is as I just asked him. He answered immediately and said he'll only sell to previous customers. that's kinda of a eff'd up mentality.....I have to buy another poster that I don't want or need (right now) for the chance to buy in the future.

anywho, I can track one down so I'm not worried about that but I would have thought he'd be a little more helpful. whateva.....
Guy816
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:55 pm

I think Marq tries to reward his return customers. He did state that anyone purchasing something in yesterday's onsale could be included in the Phish lottery.

There were two Dogfish Head being sold yesterday if you are tracking all of those down that you could have picked up and a smaller print for $15 along with a bunch of highly sought after and badass posters. Picking that $15 print up would have netted you an awesome print for like $23 shipped and qualified you to purchase the Phish Providence and most likely any other future Phish releases he does a lottery for down the road.

At $23 plus the $50 for the Phish Providence; had you won the lottery, you still would have ended up getting the Phish print cheaper than on Ebay.
venush13
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:56 pm

ICCULIS wrote:
southerngarden wrote:yeah, that seems to be the deal...you could of bought something in his sale yesterday to qualify...im like you, lots of spusta, none bought directly from him...

yep - that's how Marq business model is as I just asked him. He answered immediately and said he'll only sell to previous customers. that's kinda of a eff'd up mentality.....I have to buy another poster that I don't want or need (right now) for the chance to buy in the future.

anywho, I can track one down so I'm not worried about that but I would have thought he'd be a little more helpful. whateva.....
Hmmm...I wouldn't call it eff'd up. Fans of the band have a chance to buy one at the venue (you were at the show, right?) or through DryGoods if it doesn't sell out. Fans of the artist (aka people that have supported his art work in the past) purchase via his site. I think it's a fair process.
Last edited by venush13 on Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aritelescope wrote:They're holding the posters in our teary faces and pointing and laughing at us while they count their money.
ryan_1969 wrote:i heart phish.
ceevee
Art Expert

Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:57 pm

I think that it is his way of ensuring that folks don't send in entries with a bunch of different emails...plus, as mentioned, providing a little something for those who have supported him in the past. Odds weren't good anyway. Better luck through the means that you mentioned (albeit not at $50 unless you were at the show or knew a kind soul who was there).
downbytheriver
Art Expert

Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:57 pm

ICCULIS wrote:

They're all over ebay. You want one at face and you were there and didn't get someone to stand in line...

and now Marq's business practices are jacked up??

Its not as if Marq just started selling prints yesterday, you could have gotten in ANYTIME... phareweather phriend!

I didn't get selected either and I ain't crying and I've been purchasing prints for several years now...

Don't shift blame - you are the problem.
"lance wrote:drymount, man, this is better than Disneyland! chef wrote: I used to think if I died in an evil place, then my soul wouldn't be able to make it to Heaven. But now? drymount! I mean, I don't care where it goes, as long as it ain't here.
ICCULIS
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:02 pm

downbytheriver wrote: Don't shift blame - you are the problem.
point taken - thanks for the encourging words man
fluffhead
Art Expert

Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:16 pm

ICCULIS wrote:i didn't (well - I wasn't notified yet if I did) but I was curious about this lottery.

I would love the opportunity to purchase one for face. I was at the show if anyone really cares, which I know around here no one really cares for anyone else really.....so back about the Spusta Lottery....

I have 5-6 Spusta's at home - none of them purchased thru his website. Some were bought at shows, some trades, and others from the Dogfish Head site. The way his lotto read was that I had to have previoulsly bought a print from him, through his site in order to even be considered a lottery entry? Is that correct?

if so, not too fan friendly, IMO. am I reading his lottery info correctly......?
Prints were still available at the end of the show too, if you wanted on that badly you should have grabbed one then for face
tranito
Art Expert

Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:28 pm

That way, he can spot fake multiple entries with the e-mail addresses. Only the ones that already bought from him get an entry. Wise.
I'm pretty good at whining myself when there's a good reason to, but Marq is the best. I'm not even complaining about the lottery like used to, because it is not his main method of selling his stuff. He has a regular store and only uses the lottery system when he has a very limited amount of stuff to sell, which is how it should work. Tstout lotteries do suck though.
Last edited by tranito on Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
downbytheriver
Art Expert

Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:28 pm

fluffhead wrote:
ICCULIS wrote:
Prints were still available at the end of the show too, if you wanted on that badly you should have grabbed one then for face
FACE
"lance wrote:drymount, man, this is better than Disneyland! chef wrote: I used to think if I died in an evil place, then my soul wouldn't be able to make it to Heaven. But now? drymount! I mean, I don't care where it goes, as long as it ain't here.
mikewren
Art Enthusiast

Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:09 pm

Sorry, originally posted this in the "details" forum. (apologies, Ima noob to this site).

layla1234 wrote:
I saw tons of blue ones...fyi

I got a blue one for me, and a purple for the girl (#69)

these posters are just awsome to look at!!!

another home run for Marq...

I purchased #77 at the show. It is definitely blue. Can anyone explain why the background would be so different 8 prints after the one mentioned above? Was there a separate run of purple prints?