Bounty Hunters 10 Taylor

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody
Posts: 127701
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:00 am

Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:50 pm

This topic is dedicated to: Bounty Hunters 10 Taylor

Image
automator
Nobody
Posts: 127701
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:00 am

Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:02 pm

New image Bounty Hunters 10 Taylor


Image
User avatar
downtown
Art Expert
Posts: 5892
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:38 am
Location: New York
Contact:

Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:31 pm

The Star Wars stuff is the fork in the road where I have to wave farewell to my poster geek brethren.
User avatar
selassielion
Art Expert
Posts: 1491
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:46 pm

Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:28 am

Well said. Love Ken Taylor, used to play with the guy on the left as a kid, but hanging on the wall? Not me, but they are awesome for fans. Not meant as an insult by any means, I'm sure some that buy this and hang it wouldn't hang my tastes themselves.

I haven't bought any of these as the jedi in me is not so strong, but this is up there with Slater's Yoda. Bad-asses done by a bad ass illustrator. :pint:
Kdh12 wrote:It is not rockets science
User avatar
downtown
Art Expert
Posts: 5892
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:38 am
Location: New York
Contact:

Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:23 am

Ken Taylor is awesome !
I'll just stay out of the way on this release for all the true Star Wars fans.
User avatar
jsan20
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 551
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:57 pm

Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:09 am

Who on eb doesn't buy prints they wouldn't hang? My wife would burn half my prints before ever allowing them to hit the wall. Scratch that 85% the other 15% would be tolerated
User avatar
downtown
Art Expert
Posts: 5892
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:38 am
Location: New York
Contact:

Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:23 am

jsan20 wrote:Who on eb doesn't buy prints they wouldn't hang? My wife would burn half my prints before ever allowing them to hit the wall. Scratch that 85% the other 15% would be tolerated
90 % of my collection is in my flat file.
At this stage of the game even the flat file has requirements.
I've spent the last month giving stuff away.
User avatar
cardhawks
Art Expert
Posts: 2230
Joined: Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:00 am

Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:42 am

I can also see these going individually rather than as sets... they are awesome and assuming Boba Fett is coming next I would contend that I wouldn't frame them all but perhaps 2 or 3 and failip the others.... I would definitely buy this set just to have them to swap...but that's my M.O. here anyway
User avatar
dylansdad
Art Expert
Posts: 7043
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 11:21 am

Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:50 pm

McCarthy's Hoth is the only Star Wars poster so far that could actually go up in the living room. The bounty hunters (as a set) will either go up in my office or in my boys' bedroom, along with the Ninja Turtle set from earlier this year that's already hanging there. I personally don't want to split up the set, although I could see people doing that just to get the one or two they like the best. You're talking about a six foot wide chunk of wall space to display all six--and that's not even counting the frames. Not everybody can spare that much real estate.
User avatar
virtualmert
Art Expert
Posts: 4097
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:19 am
Location: Pennsylvania, USA.
Contact:

Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:17 pm

want.
:cautiously removes pants:
pjtaper
Art Freak
Posts: 10371
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:00 am
Location: Waiting on EMEKs site for another sale...

Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:18 pm

I agree, these are just too nerdy... awesome, but too nerdy. I really liked Yoda and Hoth... but have passed on them all, Yoda, I tried for, have seen it in person, it is nice...
recycler
Art Expert
Posts: 4631
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:00 am

Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:26 pm

this seems like overkill, 6 bounty hunters - there should have been one; fett
User avatar
kramer73
Art Expert
Posts: 4282
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:00 am

Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:04 pm

recycler wrote:this seems like overkill, 6 bounty hunters - there should have been one; fett
the galaxy is a big place, and only one got paid anyway.
mistersmith wrote: Yet another pair of prints that I freak over, plan to frame for my office, buy for too much money, then stash away in a flat file because framing is balls expensive. Can't wait.
User avatar
Darkknight37
Art Expert
Posts: 7837
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:39 am
Location: Chicago, IL

Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:50 am

"He's no good to me dead."
User avatar
cardhawks
Art Expert
Posts: 2230
Joined: Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:00 am

Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:50 am

recycler wrote:this seems like overkill, 6 bounty hunters - there should have been one; fett
agreed.... but I guess I'm taking the loss on these to get the only one I want....oh well life goes on
Post Reply