gonesolo wrote:
Bird With the Crystal Plumage
Roadhouse
Return of the Living Dead
Lord of the Rings
Die Hard
The Devil's Backbone
Creepshow

I can not wait for the lord of the rings. Is it going to one for the trilogy, or a poster for each movie??

...that's just a list of events, not posters. All of them could have a poster, or none of them.

No idea if there will be a LotR release, but my bet would be no - since the licensing for a single event poster for a movie/IP like that would seem to be cost prohibitive - if they're going to do a LotR release I would assume they would do a whole series to get the most out of the (likely very expensive) license.
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:28 am

PorkBelly wrote:Well, over that time period, we have the following on the Alamo calendar

Roadhouse
Lord of the Rings
Die Hard
The Devil's Backbone
Creepshow
:shock: I want a Roadhouse poster so bad! Maybe not as much as pewter wants a Stout Flash Gordon, but pretty damn close. Make it happen Justin!

Also those lost highway posters make me yearn for a Stout They Live, and Escape From New York!
rmoore
Art Expert

Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:49 am

Darkknight37 wrote:
PorkBelly wrote:Well, over that time period, we have the following on the Alamo calendar

Roadhouse
Lord of the Rings
Die Hard
The Devil's Backbone
Creepshow
:shock: I want a Roadhouse poster so bad! Maybe not as much as pewter wants a Stout Flash Gordon, but pretty damn close. Make it happen Justin!

Also those lost highway posters make me yearn for a Stout They Live, and Escape From New York!
A Stout Escape from New York would kick so much ass. Not as much as an Empire Strikes Back, mind you, but not too shabby.
recycler
Art Expert

Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:08 am

Nick Derington put out an escape from New York already, it's pretty rad in my book.
morecoffee
Art Expert

Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:37 am

rmoore wrote:
Darkknight37 wrote:

Roadhouse
Lord of the Rings
Die Hard
The Devil's Backbone
Creepshow

A Stout Escape from New York would kick so much ass. Not as much as an Empire Strikes Back, mind you, but not too shabby.
I agree about Escape From New York. I wish he would do a poster for every John Carpenter movie.
From that list above, my first choice for Tyler Stout would be Creepshow.
There is so much in that movie that he could work with.
jlabbate
Art Freak

Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:39 am

recycler wrote:Nick Derington put out an escape from New York already, it's pretty rad in my book.
agreed...highly underrated print IMO :pint:
ottoisblotto2
Art Expert

Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:02 am

Tyler Stout+ Coming to America! It makes perfect sense.
thebends9 wrote:People are idiots
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:52 am

ottoisblotto2 wrote:Tyler Stout+ Coming to America! It makes perfect sense.
Agree.
fredo
Art God

Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:03 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:
Agree.
http://www.gigposters.com/classifieds/d ... 1956&pre=1
just a foil for me today, thanks
KNEEL13
EB Team

Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:21 pm

fredo wrote:
wonkabars7 wrote:
Agree.
http://www.gigposters.com/classifieds/d ... 1956&pre=1
I like that. :D :lol:

I wonder what printing process it is?

pewter14
EB Team

Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:29 pm

In case it was missed ... we have a listing for it here.

mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
pewter14
EB Team

Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:38 pm

Darkknight37 wrote: :shock: I want a Roadhouse poster so bad! Maybe not as much as pewter wants a Stout Flash Gordon, but pretty damn close. Make it happen Justin!

Hell yeah, I love the fact that people embrace my fanaticism (if not, annoying obsession) with Tyler doing a Flash Gordon print.

As far as Escape from New York goes, there was a magazine interview with Tyler that stated Escape is his top "I want to to do" movie print, and I think the story is he was asked to do the one Nick Derington ended up doing, but was just too busy at the time. I think.

Nick's print is fantastic ... the fade on it is amazingly well done (think it was D&L).

As far as Lord of the Rings goes ... you folks got Star Trek, your got Star Wars ... please, can we ease up on that fantasy/sci-fi realm for a bit and go more cult classic?
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
solthistle
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:53 pm

pewter14 wrote:
Darkknight37 wrote: :shock: I want a Roadhouse poster so bad! Maybe not as much as pewter wants a Stout Flash Gordon, but pretty damn close. Make it happen Justin!

Hell yeah, I love the fact that people embrace my fanaticism (if not, annoying obsession) with Tyler doing a Flash Gordon print.

As far as Escape from New York goes, there was a magazine interview with Tyler that stated Escape is his top "I want to to do" movie print, and I think the story is he was asked to do the one Nick Derington ended up doing, but was just too busy at the time. I think.

Nick's print is fantastic ... the fade on it is amazingly well done (think it was D&L).

As far as Lord of the Rings goes ... you folks got Star Trek, your got Star Wars ... please, can we ease up on that fantasy/sci-fi realm for a bit and go more cult classic?

Straight up...been missing the good ol' mondo cults ever since the Stars took over..... fingers crossed for more of the underground stuff
"If you were a good pimp you would've hit me by now!"

"If looks could kill, I am a-dead now"
KNEEL13
EB Team

Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:57 pm

pewter14 wrote:As far as Lord of the Rings goes ... you folks got Star Trek, your got Star Wars ... please, can we ease up on that fantasy/sci-fi realm for a bit and go more cult classic?
I love me some Lord Of The Rings. I'll take that/those over the others. :)
dylansdad
Art Expert

Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:57 pm

Lord of the Rings and Die Hard are probably the only ones on that list that I would consider--although having already purchased Tim Doyle's Die Hard, a second one would depend on the artist.