This Yellow-Brick-Road Goes Nowhere 10 Jermaine

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:13 pm

Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:11 am

I can't wait to see the foil print. :drool:
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
Masterjon

Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:32 pm

Yeppers, just ordered mine too... should look pretty dang stinkin awesome!
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:00 pm

Does a mod have any pics of the DEFACED print? or the FOIL print?

Also, please excuse my ignorance here, but I'm not familiar with defaced prints. Jermaine says there are 10, but is each one individually defaced? And does defaced mean scraped/scratched/torn, or what?
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
mhanc
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:02 pm

Rick_a_c wrote:Does a mod have any pics of the DEFACED print? or the FOIL print?

Also, please excuse my ignorance here, but I'm not familiar with defaced prints. Jermaine says there are 10, but is each one individually defaced? And does defaced mean scraped/scratched/torn, or what?
From JR's shop: "From time to time Jermaine defaces prints. Expect doodles. Everywhere. Of anything. - This is a 'defaced" edition of 10 on various colors of stock to be sent randomly."
chalkdust
Art Expert

Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:07 pm

$150 is a little steep, but Jermaine's defaced stuff is so cool. I paid $250 for my Radiohead defaced from him about 6 years ago. Ahh yes.....was my first framed piece.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:22 pm

Thanks mhanc!
Doodles all over are indeed unique to each print.
I use the term "remarqued" which I got from an artist who did this for me several years ago on several posters. He said the origin is French, from around 1900, when ToulouseLaTrec and that bunch of original lowbrow artists had lobby prints left over that they wanted to sell, They found that the best way for them to peddle their wares was to doodle all oer the prints to make them unique. I assume remarque translates into re-mark. This is too cool.

I saw where Jermaine said he hadn't done this in a while.

chalkdust,
Could you post a pic of your radiohead poster? I'd love to see an example.
mhanc
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:47 pm

I was on the fence about the defaced YBR because of its price, but after seeing a photo of JR's Radiohead defaceds, I had to get one--and just in time! I think I snagged the last one. I'll post a pic when it arrives.
smellmysocks73
Art Expert

Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:52 pm

FYI...

According to JR, the Sunshine Yellow variant prints specifically have little doodled flying deros in the sky on the image.

:drool: :drool: :clap: :clap:

(not sure about the lemon cream variants)
srdzevon said, "Oh fudge!!! That's awesome! I hate you".
ceevee
Art Expert

Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:57 pm

Jermaine's defaced prints are the cat's pajamas.
arnosax9
Art Enthusiast

Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:58 pm

I ordered the entire set..i figured what the hell..might as well if i had a shot....even the foil from the facebook drop.
The mods should list the variants....all are sold out now...that was fast...even the regular edition..
A lot of Jermaine people out there....one of his nicest pieces.... The defaced one should be wild!
http://jermainerogersshop.com/index.php ... x&cPath=46
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:09 pm

I just saw the 2 defaced Radiohead posters here on EB. WOW!!!
It's definitely what I know as remarque'ing, and it's better than I expected!
I'm SOOOO glad I sprang for one and was lucky enough to get one.
A huge thumbs up to Jermaine for this set. I can't wait to see pics of the cream and yellow variants.
tcon2000
Art Enthusiast

Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:54 pm

Why do so many poster artists over-sexualize every female? Is it because they rarely get laid?

Not that I object, mind...
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:16 pm

I don't think this chick fits that categorization, but... it might be that they are giving the people what they want :wink:
igotid
Art Expert

Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:20 pm

smellmysocks73 wrote:FYI...

According to JR, the Sunshine Yellow variant prints specifically have little doodled flying deros in the sky on the image.

:drool: :drool: :clap: :clap:

(not sure about the lemon cream variants)
damn, didn't hear that part...would have totally gone for that one instead