The Garden Atlas Phish 09 Masthay

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:14 am

This topic is dedicated to: The Garden Atlas Phish 09 Masthay

liamc93
Art Expert

Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:15 am

excellent
macc5
EB Team

Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:25 am

wow, great stuff again AJ.

i know its constantly stated, but it would be amazing to see them give AJ a shot at an official print
Brazzzy
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:13 pm

:clap:
ceevee
Art Expert

Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:18 pm

macc5 wrote:wow, great stuff again AJ.

i know its constantly stated, but it would be amazing to see them give AJ a shot at an official print
And constantly agreed with...but agreed.
billbuds
Art Enthusiast

Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:02 pm

wow, i can't wait to see it in person. Great job AJ
petenice
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:45 pm

sickness :clap:
cyadude
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:42 pm

+1 Great Job AJ!!!! :pint:
petenice
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:54 pm

+1 can't wait to see this in person
OneStepAhead
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:17 pm

macc5 wrote:wow, great stuff again AJ.

me and a friend were just talking about that this morning. we are thinking maybe they haven't because pollock
has asked them not to? i mean his work is far superior to anything pollock has done.. dont get me wrong pollock
is great but look at this years halloween prints? no contest.
layla1234
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:27 pm

That's just silly..

Don't really think Pollock cares or is worried..

Bottom line, the band usually does not hire lot artist that have been profiting of them for years..

This has been discussed in length and responded by AJ..

The way for him to do an official gig is to start doing other official gigs that he can get, which he appears to be doing..

Bottom line tho, hard to imagine phish callin up a lot artist to give him even more notarioty with the un-official prints..

I love AJ's work, and would love the call up, but think about what's going on seriously, and who else they hire..

just my $.02
deliahdelyon
Art Freak

Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:06 pm

OneStepAhead wrote: we are thinking maybe they haven't because pollock has asked them not to? i mean his work is far superior to anything pollock has done.. dont get me wrong pollock
is great but look at this years halloween prints? no contest.
Pollock caring about AJ's designs is absolutely hilarious...Jim is such a nice carefree guy, if it wasn't for his friends showing him the AJ's he would never even see them...and onestepahead he certainly isn't intimidated by them trust me...

Far Superior to anything Pollock has done.. :lol: wait your serious aren't you?? AJ does GREAT work, but far superior I think not. Pollock has done some of the best and most iconic Phish stuff there is if you ask me... There are also many people who would argue your AJ vs Pollock Halloween sentiment, me included.

IMO Phish will NEVER use AJ because they would be legitimizing his past work to some degree which we all know they don't want to do...Sucks because I would LOVE to see those 5 letters at the top of an AJ print, I just don't think it will ever happen, but for good reasons (See the quote below)...
layla1234 wrote: Bottom line, the band usually does not hire lot artist that have been profiting of them for years..

With all that said and outta the way... I LOVE this print AJ, and can't wait to see it in person :D Please keep up the amazing work!
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
fredo
Art God

Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:56 pm

layla1234 wrote: Bottom line, the band usually does not hire lot artist that have been profiting of them for years..
It may be a parasitic relationship; but it is not one that's detrimental to Phish.
The fan-artists are not profiting off of Phish per se, only on the frenzy/following they create... and which Phish does not control.
Doesn't mean they should hire the guy...but it would be very cool if they did.

Anyhow- I like Masthay. Very vivid stuff.
just a foil for me today, thanks
jojobadass
Art Freak

Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:04 pm

I'm not so sure why you phishies blow Pollock's rooster so much.
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
downtown
Art Expert

Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:01 pm

Last edited by downtown on Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.