Pearl Jam Chicago I 09 Ament

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:05 pm

This topic is dedicated to: Pearl Jam Chicago I 09 Ament

mpimp77
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:10 pm

Wow, this is quite ugly :?
God loves Pearl Jam
dythuger
Art Enthusiast

Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:23 pm

mpimp77 wrote:Wow, this is quite ugly :?
agreed. Not quite as ugly in person, but i was really hoping for something better. My first PJ show and my first non-Dave poster, kind of dissapointed.

FYI, not sure what the print run was, but there were a ton of them all over the venue. Every merchstand, and there were quite a few, had a phat stack of them as well as stacks when you first walked in the stadium from any gate. If anyone is going tonight, i bought the poster last night and took it to my car since they let you go outside for cigarettes. That was a plus. Hopefully N2 gets a better point.
jojobadass
Art God

Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:25 pm

is that john paxton?
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
dythuger
Art Enthusiast

Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:31 pm

jojobadass wrote:is that john paxton?
We could only wish. APparently it was one of Jeff Aments friends that past away. They sang happy birthday to him at the show. Also, the 3 different colored letters in Pearl Jam are said friends initials. Pretty cool gesture. Too bad its not a prettier poster.
coleslaw
Art Expert

Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:34 pm

Hopefully HH gets a better poster for her BDay show-happy BDay Heather!!!!

I don't get this poster, but it will be alright...
“But as Garcia said, you know, the '60s ain't over till the fat lady gets high. And that means that whatever it takes to get you high: sometimes grief, sometimes it's prayer, fasting. I prefer a joint.”-Ken Kesey
sasquatch
Art Expert

Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:36 pm

Actually, the poster pictures a friend of Jeff Ament's who died earlier this year, a small-town Montana doctor who played for the University of Great Falls Argos. The show and poster were dedicated to him. Here's his obit:
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/jsonli ... =126422512

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/43230427.html

The poster isn't as bad as you all are making it out to be. Better than the Klausen painted-black dripping swan for Manchester in my opinion. At least it looks like an old-school honest to God gig poster: Band name big and legible, venue info, date.
Last edited by sasquatch on Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
coleslaw
Art Expert

Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:37 pm

thanks for the 411 sasquatch :) :pint:
“But as Garcia said, you know, the '60s ain't over till the fat lady gets high. And that means that whatever it takes to get you high: sometimes grief, sometimes it's prayer, fasting. I prefer a joint.”-Ken Kesey
itsdug
Art Expert

Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:38 pm

dythuger wrote:my first non-Dave poster
It's a perfect time to branch out into Phish posters too.
no comment ®
coleslaw
Art Expert

Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:39 pm

:lol: @ itsdug :pint:
kramer73
Art Expert

Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:46 pm

itsdug wrote:
Dave poster? is this a new band?
mistersmith wrote: Yet another pair of prints that I freak over, plan to frame for my office, buy for too much money, then stash away in a flat file because framing is balls expensive. Can't wait.
lightyears2010
Art Expert

Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:48 pm

pretty tragic story to say the least. jeff addressed the crowd and asked us to sing happy birthday to him.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/43230427.html
dythuger
Art Enthusiast

Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:02 pm

itsdug wrote:

for sure, 2 must haves for me are the 04 alpine phish poster, as i went to the show, and the other is EMEK Coachella 07. Going to start broadening my horizons in the near future. I am just more knowledgable on DMB posters than others, so i have been staying in my comfort zone for now.
dythuger
Art Enthusiast

Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:05 pm

kramer73 wrote:
itsdug wrote:
Dave poster? is this a new band?
Some consider them a band. But many around here proably do not consider them a band, or at least a good band. I personally love the music, but despise most of the fans.

But back on topic, its really not that bad of a print in pearson. The black ink is very dull, almost looks like charcoal was rubbed on it.
Last edited by dythuger on Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sasquatch
Art Expert

Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:05 pm

dythuger wrote:
itsdug wrote:

for sure, 2 must haves for me are the 04 alpine phish poster, as i went to the show, and the other is EMEK Coachella 07. Going to start broadening my horizons in the near future. I am just more knowledgable on DMB posters than others, so i have been staying in my comfort zone for now.
I think itsdug was making fun of you. He does that.

Those are great posters. Good luck getting them. And welcome to the tribe.