Bonnaroo 09 Burlesque

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody
Posts: 127815
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:00 am

Sat May 30, 2009 10:29 am

This topic is dedicated to: Bonnaroo 09 Burlesque

Image
User avatar
johnr1311
Art Expert
Posts: 2268
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:05 pm
Location: St. Louis

Sat May 30, 2009 10:29 am

Thats a pretty cool poster.
dangerboy wrote:i think he thinks we think more about what he thinks than we actually think of what he thinks
User avatar
mistersmith
Art Freak
Posts: 13557
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:09 am
Location: SF, CA

Sat May 30, 2009 1:38 pm

That is a great idea and a cool poster.

I would have done this one for Mars Volta, though, just to be a prick:

Image
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
User avatar
MJBuck
Art Expert
Posts: 4342
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:00 am
Location: Portland, OR

Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:22 am

it would have been funny to use Emek's fist for Badu.
out and perfect.
norelation wrote:quit with the sniveling and just sell the damn poster. i don't care about your life story, we all got problems. just tell me about bent corners, or if your cat has used it for target practice.
mistersmith wrote:That means I'm going to touch you.
bangyman
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 902
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:00 am

Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:30 pm

3 colors. orange, metallic purple, and dark chocolate brown. mike davis with a little input on the electrolux by me.
User avatar
itsdug
Art Expert
Posts: 9878
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:00 am
Location: Nashville, TN
Contact:

Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:05 pm

Nothing else describes Phish any better than that!
no comment ®
User avatar
mistersmith
Art Freak
Posts: 13557
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:09 am
Location: SF, CA

Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:00 pm

itsdug wrote:Nothing else describes Phish any better than that!
Cuz they play one, and they suck! I getcha. One of them double entendiendos.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
User avatar
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak
Posts: 11498
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:41 pm
Location: Nirvana

Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:16 pm

think my expectations have been set to high by GOOD art......the concept is interesting though
User avatar
tourist504
Art Expert
Posts: 4259
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:00 am
Location: NOLA

Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:29 pm

def will be yoinked by me! plus, LSU colors! :D

2 weeks, people!
Last edited by tourist504 on Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
User avatar
tourist504
Art Expert
Posts: 4259
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:00 am
Location: NOLA

Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:31 pm

mistersmith wrote:
itsdug wrote:Nothing else describes Phish any better than that!
Cuz they play one, and they suck! I getcha. One of them double entendiendos.
Don't they play one of these as an instrument or something?

Hmmm.
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
kangorillapig
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:17 am

Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:15 pm

Grateful69Phish wrote:think my expectations have been set to high by GOOD art......the concept is interesting though
this is GOOD design, which is a different thing to GOOD art. I really like this poster, and Mike's style.
pjtaper
Art Freak
Posts: 10371
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:00 am
Location: Waiting on EMEKs site for another sale...

Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:22 pm

kangorillapig wrote:
Grateful69Phish wrote:think my expectations have been set to high by GOOD art......the concept is interesting though
this is GOOD design, which is a different thing to GOOD art. I really like this poster, and Mike's style.
I think I saw phishman (fishman), play a vac on "bike' in madison, wi... i was so excited... wtf was wrong with me back then? drugs are bad, mmmmmkay!
User avatar
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak
Posts: 11498
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:41 pm
Location: Nirvana

Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:38 pm

kangorillapig wrote:
Grateful69Phish wrote:think my expectations have been set to high by GOOD art......the concept is interesting though
this is GOOD design, which is a different thing to GOOD art. I really like this poster, and Mike's style.
Very true- not trying to be Mr. Downer, just comes natural.

After spending 5 years a the Roo, I just want a totally awesome poster........ and this IS much more creative than a lot of the other ones in the past.

I don't know enough about Mikes style to comment there and different folks, like different strokes-as the saying goes in the art world. :lol:

Many time when I see a print in person my opinion is greatly influenced.
User avatar
mistersmith
Art Freak
Posts: 13557
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:09 am
Location: SF, CA

Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:58 pm

Grateful69Phish wrote:I don't know enough about Mikes style to comment there
He digs newer vintage design ('60s and '70s) and gets a lot of ideas from there...check out his blog and his portfolio:

http://somuchpileup.blogspot.com/

http://www.twelvecarpileup.com/
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
kangorillapig
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:17 am

Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:52 am

mistersmith wrote:
Grateful69Phish wrote:I don't know enough about Mikes style to comment there
He digs newer vintage design ('60s and '70s) and gets a lot of ideas from there...check out his blog and his portfolio:

http://somuchpileup.blogspot.com/

http://www.twelvecarpileup.com/
I LOVE that blog, so much cool stuff on there
Post Reply