33rd St 09 Mr Brainwash Release Discussion 03/18/09

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
automator
Nobody
Posts: 131159
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:00 am

Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:25 am

This topic is dedicated to release discussion for 33rd St 09 Mr Brainwash - 1st

Image
User avatar
*****adap*****
Art Expert
Posts: 1448
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:28 am
Location: Wonderland

Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:26 am

Kinda Pricey Ehh!
These Pretzels Are Making Me Thirsty
pjtaper
Art Freak
Posts: 10371
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:00 am
Location: Waiting on EMEKs site for another sale...

Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:12 pm

what if shep and banksy signed this and put their own tags on it?
will this go instantly, or can I wait for people to get them before I order yo?
User avatar
comountaingolf
Art Expert
Posts: 9946
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: The 19th Hole

Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:14 pm

pjtaper wrote:what if shep and banksy signed this and put their own tags on it?
will this go instantly, or can I wait for people to get them before I order yo?
Man, I have no idea :wink: I already have Le Bistro & LIB, so I'm picking this up as well. Since the edition is low, I don't think you will have any problem getting your $ back if you're not happy... What does everyone else think? Anyone... :lol:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
pjtaper
Art Freak
Posts: 10371
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:00 am
Location: Waiting on EMEKs site for another sale...

Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:18 pm

I have Le Bistro, not that thrilled with it when I saw it in person... wish I had LIB... gonna hold off on this one fer now
User avatar
dwlfennell
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 706
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:17 am
Location: Denver

Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:22 pm

I think they'll go pretty quickly. The Pollock went quickly at a higher price and there's better execution in this one IMO. Not to mention Andre, the Banksy rat, etc. in the art - think that'll help it move too.

I still want to know what the deal is with the footless dude.
User avatar
comountaingolf
Art Expert
Posts: 9946
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: The 19th Hole

Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:29 pm

dwlfennell wrote:I think they'll go pretty quickly. The Pollock went quickly at a higher price and there's better execution in this one IMO. Not to mention Andre, the Banksy rat, etc. in the art - think that'll help it move too.

I still want to know what the deal is with the footless dude.
I noticed the foot when the image was first released, but a lot of old dudes really do wrap their legs around their ankles like the pics... Seriously, living in AZ I saw it a lot :D
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
User avatar
comountaingolf
Art Expert
Posts: 9946
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: The 19th Hole

Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:31 pm

pjtaper wrote:I have Le Bistro, not that thrilled with it when I saw it in person... wish I had LIB... gonna hold off on this one fer now
The key to Le Bistro is the right frame... Man, when I got it back from the framers it MADE the print :)
Last edited by comountaingolf on Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
User avatar
dwlfennell
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 706
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:17 am
Location: Denver

Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:34 pm

comountaingolf wrote:I noticed the foot when the image was first released, but a lot of old dudes really do wrap their legs around their ankles like the pics... Seriously, living in AZ I saw it a lot :D
Ahhh...I see. Thanks...didn't even consider that. My body doesn't work that way. Guess I need to start stretching.
User avatar
SteveKai
Art Expert
Posts: 1819
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:54 am

Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:41 pm

comountaingolf wrote:
pjtaper wrote:I have Le Bistro, not that thrilled with it when I saw it in person... wish I had LIB... gonna hold off on this one fer now
The key to Le Bistro is the right frame... Man, when I got it back from the framers it MADE the print :)
Post pics! :). I've been trying to figure out how to frame my LIB, Pollock and 33rd once i get it. I want to do matching frames for all three cuz they'll be in the same bedroom.
User avatar
johnr1311
Art Expert
Posts: 2268
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:05 pm
Location: St. Louis

Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:55 pm

dwlfennell wrote:
comountaingolf wrote:I noticed the foot when the image was first released, but a lot of old dudes really do wrap their legs around their ankles like the pics... Seriously, living in AZ I saw it a lot :D
Ahhh...I see. Thanks...didn't even consider that. My body doesn't work that way. Guess I need to start stretching.
NO, he is missing his leg
dangerboy wrote:i think he thinks we think more about what he thinks than we actually think of what he thinks
User avatar
johnr1311
Art Expert
Posts: 2268
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:05 pm
Location: St. Louis

Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:56 pm

up
dangerboy wrote:i think he thinks we think more about what he thinks than we actually think of what he thinks
User avatar
SteveKai
Art Expert
Posts: 1819
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:54 am

Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:00 pm

johnr1311 wrote:up
Yup....just got one.
spagucci1
Art Expert
Posts: 2481
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:53 pm

Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:01 pm

only 5 left.........
jrh83
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 236
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:03 am

Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:02 pm

Gone
Post Reply