World Class 09 Mr Brainwash

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:56 pm

This topic is dedicated to: World Class 09 Mr Brainwash

iratasan
Flipper

Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:57 pm

if this was on the middle page of mad magazine it would be kinda funny, but as art? :poo:
automator
Nobody

Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:10 am

New image World Class 09 Mr Brainwash

automator
Nobody

Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:11 am

cardhawks
Art Expert

Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:49 pm

iratasan wrote:if this was on the middle page of mad magazine it would be kinda funny, but as art? :poo:
funny way to put it because when I think of MAD magazine I think of all the great artists that worked for MAD and how inspirational the magazine was to many of today's current artists...
automator
Nobody

Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:57 pm

bandana
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:12 pm

automator wrote:New image World Class 09 Mr Brainwash

Price is wrong. It was $1000
iratasan
Flipper

Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:18 pm

cardhawks wrote:
iratasan wrote:if this was on the middle page of mad magazine it would be kinda funny, but as art? :poo:
funny way to put it because when I think of MAD magazine I think of all the great artists that worked for MAD and how inspirational the magazine was to many of today's current artists...
that might be, but i wouldn't see e.g. don martin as one of the great visual artists of our time. inspiration is JUST inspiration. charles manson e.g. inspired me on many levels, but his art still sucks ass. both the music AND the "paintings". know what i mean? ;)
MJBuck
Art Expert

Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:00 pm

how exactly has ol' Charlie inspired you iratasan? :?
out and perfect.
norelation wrote:quit with the sniveling and just sell the damn poster. i don't care about your life story, we all got problems. just tell me about bent corners, or if your cat has used it for target practice.
mistersmith wrote:That means I'm going to touch you.
iratasan
Flipper

Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:27 pm

MJBuck wrote:how exactly has ol' Charlie inspired you iratasan? :?
apart from being a complete 100% nutter ole charlie has said some things about society, humanity and the media that are true on a very painful level. he might be a complete maniac, but he is a pretty intelligent maniac.

his interviews are top notch, lookahere:

"This street is my world
I don't pretend to go uptown and be anything fancy, I can,
But I find more real in the world that I'm in
And the real world is the one I have to deal with everyday,
You know, believe me
If I started murdering people, there'd be none of ya left

Maybe I haven't done enough, I might be ashamed of that

Maybe I should have killed 4-5 hundred people,
Then I would have felt better,
Then I'd feel I really offered society something.

You people have done everything in the world to me,
Doesn't that give me equal right.
I can do anything I want to you people at anytime I want
Because that's what you've done to me.

If you spit in my face and smack me in the mouth
And throw me in solitary confinement for nothing,
What do you think is going to happen when I get out of here

You've got it stuck in your brain that I've murdered somebody.
What do you wanna call me a murderer for,
I never killed anyone, I don't need to kill anyone,
I think it, I have it here!

Believe me,
If i started murdering people, There'd be none of ya left

Maybe i haven't done enough, I might be ashamed of that,
For not doing enough, for not giving enough, for not being aware enough, for not being more perceptive."

manson was the ultimate product of society, but unlike many other mass murderers he seems to be completely aware of that fact and uses it to justify what he has done. the irony is that manson should have been the turning point for society. he should have been the reason for society to change for the better so that a person like that never would have been "produced" ever again, but the opposite happened. people blame everything but the real reasons and thereby produce more and more nutters. they get crazier and crazier. mass murders, school shootings, postal shootings will increase even more within the next few years. manson should have been the wake up call. he wasn't. he might even be aware of that. i bet he is laughing in his cell right now.

i also admire the zodiac killer, but he is fascinating on a completely different level.
MJBuck
Art Expert

Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:32 pm

I find his delulions of granduer interesting but that's about it. Certainly nothing to ever get inspired over...
out and perfect.
norelation wrote:quit with the sniveling and just sell the damn poster. i don't care about your life story, we all got problems. just tell me about bent corners, or if your cat has used it for target practice.
mistersmith wrote:That means I'm going to touch you.
iratasan
Flipper

Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:42 pm

MJBuck wrote:I find his delulions of granduer interesting but that's about it. Certainly nothing to ever get inspired over...
the fact that he thought that the beatles gave him instructions what to do in their records alone is fascinating to me beyond belief. this says so much about people's general tendency to "selected thinking" that it even sums up huge parts of society. a lot of people exactly act the same just on a different level. take religion for example how much different is christianity for example for the delusions that manson had. you start with a synopsis and then fit the pieces together so that it makes sense to you. reverse idology ingeneering if you will. manson isn't less human than most of us. in fact he is even MORE human and that is not a positive thing.
fredo
Art God

Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:04 pm

iratasan wrote:
MJBuck wrote:. manson isn't less human than most of us. in fact he is even MORE human and that is not a positive thing.
Humanity is neither positive nor negative- it simply is. You can't be more or less human; you can only be more or less free from bullshit. And no one is a product of society (aside from the obvious- we are born FROM members of a society), certainly not Manson. He made choices which to me make him (among other things) either mentally disturbed or a dilettante. Definitely nothing worth admiring in my opinion, as once you murder you are acting like an animal.
just a foil for me today, thanks
iratasan
Flipper

Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:36 pm

fredo wrote:
iratasan wrote:
MJBuck wrote:. manson isn't less human than most of us. in fact he is even MORE human and that is not a positive thing.
Humanity is neither positive nor negative- it simply is. You can't be more or less human; you can only be more or less free from bullshit. And no one is a product of society (aside from the obvious- we are born FROM members of a society), certainly not Manson. He made choices which to me make him (among other things) either mentally disturbed or a dilettante. Definitely nothing worth admiring in my opinion, as once you murder you are acting like an animal.
as for the term "humanity" that might be true but for the term "human" it is only true if taken literally. if used metaphorically it can of course be positive or negative depending on the context and the viewer.

everybody up to a certain part is formed by society. parents, school, friends, foes are all part of society and they are the main factor apart from our own logic and DNA. manson is indeed a product of society. his personal tendencies might come from other sources or simply out of himself, but the outcome and the way he "expressed" his idiology was breeding through society. who are we to say what's right or wrong? everybody has his own morality and he had his.

i don't think that humans ar THAT far from other animals. we share the same DNA with some animals for the most part and our behaviour is the same as it is with other animals of similar species.

it is rather naive to say that once you have killed then you are no human anymore. what about death sentence or if you kill somebody in war or if you kill someone that initially attacked you?

what if you killed a serial-raper?

also, what if you kill an animal? are you then only half-human anymore?
fredo
Art God

Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:53 pm

Didn't say killing someone made you an animal, only like an animal. But killing someone for any reason is anti-human. With the serial rapist example you are making an academic argument for something that defies logic and examination- i.e. our innate humanity. It makes no difference how you rationalize it- killing is bad for anyone who does it. So says the guy who's never killed anyone, anyhow...

Manson's rationale is, like I say, either that of a poseur/scumbag or a broken mind that repeats only what it hears...only warped.
just a foil for me today, thanks