MMA News, Rumors & Results

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.
mr_rugby
Art Expert

Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:18 am

twilight77 wrote:^He just put up one with Tito Ortiz. That should be really interesting.
http://vimeo.com/46726431
misterx
Art Expert

Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:17 am

Great card tonight...Machida reminded me of an Indian Snake charmer mesmerising his cobra...Bader looked completely befuddled...and why did he let go of The Dragon when he had his hands on him? He looked petrified.
Rogan and Goldberg were terrible.
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
rhythmgtr5
Art Expert

Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:28 am

I'm thinking shogun should hang up the gloves. He gassed early and was getting lit up by vera. Would have never guessed that fight would go past the first or second when it was announced.
misterx
Art Expert

Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:52 pm

"Here's one way to solve the 185-pound problem the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is having -- have the champion vacate the title and move down to become a 170-pound problem.

That's apparently a move Middleweight kingpin Anderson Silva is considering now that the list of contenders in the weight class he's owned for six years now is less than appetizing. During a recent edition of Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer revealed a conversation he had with higher ups at the UFC who told him he could reveal a few possibilities that could play themselves out in the future, likely sometime next year.

This is all subject to change, of course, but apparently, "The Spider" is kicking around the notion of vacating the middleweight title and moving down to welterweight to challenge division champion Georges St. Pierre for a superfight we know the promotion is already hoping to put together assuming "Rush" is able to defeat Carlos Condit when they tussle at UFC 154 in November.

That would free up the middleweight strap to a whole host of contenders who would no longer be under the long shadow cast by Silva, the greatest pound-for-pound fighter of all time."
DeltaSigChi4
Flipper

Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:56 am

Anderson Silva is not the greatest pound-for-pound fighter of all-time.

E
misterx
Art Expert

Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:00 am

Who is?
OtisMcfluster
Art Expert

Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:52 am

Remember that one time, after talking 2 lifetimes amount of shite in order to hype a career remembered more for his jive talk than his actual ability, Chael Sonnen tapped like a little girl while getting his face beat in, for the second time by the same man, and then that same mess talking charlatan got walked out to the middle of the cage by this fighter so vastly superior to him, it is akin to chipmunk trying to fend of an eagle, and in the middle of said cage, after weeks (years in fact) of running his mouth as the only way to line his pockets when he realized his wasn't talented enough to make money as an actual fighter, he stood in the middle of that cage like a little biatch, while the man who just destroyed him and his painful lack of self awareness, with his arm around his shoulders laughing that this small man had to stand in front of the world, eat his own shite, and be mocked to scorn and invited to bbq. That was pretty funny.

ImageImage
misterx
Art Expert

Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:02 pm

Yeah...its all coming back to me Otis....the day the MMA stars re-aligned themselves into their true places in the universe.

Dont be to hard on the West Linn Gangsta though...at least this time he never denied tapping!

A lot of people ate Humble Pie that day, thanks for the memories.
mr_rugby
Art Expert

Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:25 pm

Nike signs Jon Jones

UFC light heavyweight king Jon Jones joins UFC middleweight champ Anderson Silva as the only mixed martial artists to be sponsored by the sports clothing giant. However, while Silva had the Swoosh plastered across his fight gear at UFC 148, “The Spider’s” deal is focused primarily in Brazil. Jones, meanwhile, will receive global exposure. He’ll also have his own signature line, similar to NBA greats Kobe Bryant and LeBron James.

Jones will flaunt his new threads on September 1st when he takes on Dan Henderson at UFC 151.

#believeinHendo
DeltaSigChi4
Flipper

Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:37 pm

Who eat what? Don't be a pussy and be mincing words; if you have something to say, say it. I don't people who talk fudge like they are some sort of Swami when in fact you were just choosing a drymounting >-500 favourite. Oh, wow, the over*whelming favourite won and you had actually picked him. Can I please perform fellatio on you now?

Who trains here? Oh yeah ... that's me. I would LOVE one of you badasses to dare velcro up some gloves in a cage and talk about who's eatin' humble pie. Vinny Mag publicly stated that Sonnen could/would submit A. Silva. I would suggest 'sparring' with him, since I am certain most of you desert-a-meal mouth-breathers are in his weight class (or above).

E
john38103
Art Expert

Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:59 pm

DeltaSigChi4 wrote: Who trains here? Oh yeah ... that's me.
Damn that sounded tough.
misterx
Art Expert

Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:01 am

Killa!

Grrrrrr.....

Listen hear dips hit...if the shoe fits, wear it.
You seem paranoid and delusional.

What do you weigh? Who is the GOAT ? you keep saying AS is NOT the GOAT, so who, in your clearly superior cos you roll"position, is?

Save your oral for vinny..you seem to be really into him.
DeltaSigChi4
Flipper

Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:13 am

You seem like a pussy who is quick to sling around fighting words on an internet forum but would get real submissive real quick IRL. Here's an idea: I will keep doing what I am doing and you keep doing whatever keyboard warriors do. Don't ask me questions; and go drymount yourself. 8)

E
twilight77
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:16 am

Howabout you all go drymount yourselves or I WILL drymount YOU FOR YOU!!
hirschy75 wrote:And twilight you can kiss my ass.