The Greed Depression 20 Fairey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:23 am

This topic is dedicated to: The Greed Depression 20 Fairey

jjttdw
Art Expert

Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:28 am

Whole lotta hands on this one
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
codynas

Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:22 pm

Current sales according to ebay sold history:

$159.99
Nov-17 10:28

$200.00
Nov-17 10:25

$169.99
Nov-17 10:25

$150.00
Nov-17 10:17

$170.00
Nov-17 10:16

$179.95
Nov-17 10:14
rka00
Art Expert

Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:26 am

From the Obey website, info about the print:

My friend No Name and I collaborated recently on a print inspired by my cover for George Orwell’s “Down and Out in Paris and London” and our mutual irritation with greed and the brutality of many aspects of capitalism. No Name and I are both frustrated by the forces which convince much of the public to fall in line with a system that grinds them (and most of us) in its gears, and contributes to feelings of insecurity. With that in mind, don’t buy this print if you should use the money for something better or nothing at all. Should you think it over and still want a print, your money will support No Name’s public art endeavors and survival within the gears of capitalism… oh, and mine too! We both appreciate the support. No Name wrote about the print in greater depth, so I’ll let him take it from here!

-Shepard

I was introduced to Georg Orwell’s novels back in the late ’90s through my english teacher, an insignificant-looking sarcastic little man, who mantra-like implanted us the adage “use your common sense.”
Nearly one decade later, I rediscovered Orwell’s books – and thoughts – through the appealing cover layout design by the kindred spirit street art activist Shepard Fairey, who I’m glad to call a friend today for many years.

Shepard and I were discussing his illustration for “Down and Out” which he actually, for some reason, hadn’t made as a print edition yet.
Due to the fact that Orwell’s dystopian books were/are one of the leading inspirations for our philosophy and work, Shepard offered to team up and use the illustration for a collaboration.

Related to the illustration I was remembering a “spontaneous” street intervention I made based on the word play “The Greed Depression,” as reflection of a mood that you can notice in almost every wealthy place around the globe.

The idea behind the artwork is to examine the false promise that a neo-liberal capitalist system based on greed and ignorance gives equal possibilities and will provide wealth and prosperity to everyone in our society.

In fact, this misbelief is especially devastating to the working class people whose hopes and dreams to participate and benefit from this unequal “game” are mainly ending up in a great depression.
Public assets such as water, education, or human needs such as housing or a public health care, became an investment for speculators and an increasingly more unattainable luxury for just a few.

I strongly believe that we as human species are still able to change the direction of a train out of control that is racing toward a cliff, but we seriously should worry about what happens if we don’t change direction!
– No Name

A portion of all proceeds will be donated to the non profit association Positive-Propaganda to continue carrying out independent art projects in the future.
Visit www.N-o-N-A-M-E.com and Overratedart.com where the edition will also be available.
automator
Nobody

Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:27 pm

New image The Greed Depression 20 Fairey

bsharp
Art Expert

Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:32 pm

The large format ain't giclee
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:00 am

Not sure if the pics on the OG website were put through some weird filter but they look strange. The red looks electric and black extra black. No name sig looks very dark too. this is an under rated print IMO
MaxCollinsII
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:33 pm

Those colors do not work together for my eye, the gold throws off the balance. :ziggi:
The Original Pure Hemp® Rolling Papers :ziggi: made in Spain, unlike some of our competitors
PartPat: "All of Eb is one big mondo joke really."