The Joker (Ledger) 19 Gabz

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:42 pm

This topic is dedicated to: The Joker (Ledger) 19 Gabz

lightyears2010
Art Expert

Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:46 pm

automator
Nobody

Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:35 pm

New image The Joker (Ledger) 19 Gabz - Framed

jvwoodford
Art Connoisseur

Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:44 am

I'm curious if anyone else who has the giclee notices blurred detail on closer examination. It looks to me like the original was upscaled and as a result detail of the line work and texture has pixelated. Never seen this on other giclees before but maybe it is because it was a scanned upscaled OG. Can anyone else compare for me to put my mind at rest? Just concerned that i might have been sold a dud on ebay. Also the border has like a darker soft edge to it.

foxyjim99

Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:58 am

Original price for the print edition is $45, not $1,000. Looks like the price for the OG edition got transposed there.
lightyears2010
Art Expert

Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:36 pm

jvwoodford wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:44 am
I'm curious if anyone else who has the giclee notices blurred detail on closer examination. It looks to me like the original was upscaled and as a result detail of the line work and texture has pixelated. Never seen this on other giclees before but maybe it is because it was a scanned upscaled OG. Can anyone else compare for me to put my mind at rest? Just concerned that i might have been sold a dud on ebay. Also the border has like a darker soft edge to it.
i have the OG...here are a couple close ups. not sure what size the print is. the OG is A4 which is like 8 1/4 x 11 1/2-ish.

jvwoodford
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:10 pm

Yea I think Gabz added the blood splats and other subtle textures in post, they are the parts I noticed were blurred slightly (enough to notice on close examination but nothing major). Also the signature is blurred, you can see this in the photo I posted. I spoke with the bay seller I bought it from (uh oh I hear you say?) and they said they noticed it too and suspect this was a rushed job, which makes sense given the short time between his show and the online sale of these giclees. Also the colours are a lot more saturated on the giclee, I'd rather have had them in the more authentic, paler tones of the original. It's a beauty by the way, congrats.
lightyears2010
Art Expert

Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:47 pm

no idea sorry...i'd send pics to gabz and see what he says.
jvwoodford
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:03 pm

I have attached some better pics, it just looks really blurry. Definitely not what I'd expect from a quality print. Anyone else's 1st edition look the same? I know Gabz's APs are from a different print run and look much sharper. Thanks.

jvwoodford
Art Connoisseur

Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:45 pm

UPDATE: after opening a Paypal case I received a full refund for the order. The guy's eBay seller profile is here, avoid: https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/crayonpopper ... 2749.l2754
theperfecttree
EB Team

Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:56 pm

jvwoodford wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:45 pm
UPDATE: after opening a Paypal case I received a full refund for the order. The guy's eBay seller profile is here, avoid: https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/crayonpopper ... 2749.l2754
thanks

are you saying this guy is printing/selling bootleg Gabz Joker prints?
jvwoodford
Art Connoisseur

Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:28 pm

I don't know for sure but after raising a paypal case i was refunded in about 7 days. I didn't provide any photos although i do have lots that convincingly show mine is very different compared to others (i'll post these later) and both Gabz and BNG agree it doesn't look right. I assume the seller had to respond to the case in order for me to be refunded so quickly so that indicates to me his guilt. Its also worth noting he had at least 10 for sale, i don't know if it was only one per person from the original drop or at the event.
jvwoodford
Art Connoisseur

Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:39 pm

My copy:

Someone elses copy who provided me some pics:

jvwoodford
Art Connoisseur

Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:51 pm

And here i have tried to replicate the colour balance of the other print:

In conclusion:
- the colour balance and saturation is way off the other example of the print
- the sharpness of my print isn't up to scratch with the other example of the print
- BNG think the hand written number is someone elses writing (though i am dubious to take this point at face value without some expert analysing it)

So i think a high res image was taken off the BNG website or somewhere else online, the saturation was then boosted and then it was printed. Confusing thing is the paper stock is quite good but i suppose it had to be convincing.
jvwoodford
Art Connoisseur

Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:52 pm

Received AP copy from Gabz and its clear my ebay print was fake when viewed side by side. On top of the clear colour difference i was already aware of, along with the lack of sharp detail, i notice the paper is heavier and slightly smaller in width too. So i'd definitely blacklist this sucker: