Pearl Jam: Live in Two Dimensions 19 EMEK

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Post Reply
automator
Nobody
Posts: 124871
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:00 am

Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:10 pm

This topic is dedicated to: Pearl Jam: Live in Two Dimensions 19 EMEK

Image
recycler
Art Expert
Posts: 4585
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:00 am

Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:12 pm

I like the idea of this poster, but the execution is off. The two skeletons do not look like they are swimming at all as they are way to close to the bottom (artwork). That said, maybe it was EMEK's intent to make the artwork on this poster also look 2-Dimensional.
heckybrown
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:41 am

Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:32 am

I don't know if you are looking at this poster in person (as I am) or just on the internet. You couldn't be more wrong. The poster images look like they are on the bottom of a swimming pool (or ocean) and the two skeletons are just below the water's surface. The shades of blue that Emek employed are extremely realistic. It is an incredible piece of art (containing many more incredible pieces of art) and one of Emek's finest to date!
automator
Nobody
Posts: 124871
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:00 am

Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:56 pm

New image Pearl Jam: Live in Two Dimensions 19 EMEK
Foil Edition out of 25

Image
heckybrown
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:41 am

Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:29 pm

automator wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:56 pm
New image Pearl Jam: Live in Two Dimensions 19 EMEK
Foil Edition out of 25

Image
There was one of these foils hanging on the wall in the Art Center shop so I inquired if they were available. I was told "no", so either they were already sold out or they never were for sale there and will be sold exclusively later by Emek. Either way, in retrospect I'm glad I wasn't able to buy one. Blue is the intended color for this artwork, obviously since it takes place underwater. Foil is cool for some artwork, but besides the "wow" factor, lends nothing to most posters, including this one.
Last edited by heckybrown on Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
pewter14
EB Team
Posts: 15171
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:58 am

Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:44 pm

They had some of those foils for sale. Edition is 25, think they sold 10 - 15.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
heckybrown
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:41 am

Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:05 pm

Thanks for the info. Considering my position in the shop line, most everyone in front of me must've bought a foil then. Sure glad I was apparently too late - I would've regretted that $250. purchase today! The two skeletons "flying" over brown fields doesn't quite make sense to me. But I'm happy for those that did score one.
recycler
Art Expert
Posts: 4585
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:00 am

Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:06 pm

heckybrown wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:32 am
I don't know if you are looking at this poster in person (as I am) or just on the internet. You couldn't be more wrong. The poster images look like they are on the bottom of a swimming pool (or ocean) and the two skeletons are just below the water's surface. The shades of blue that Emek employed are extremely realistic.
Their shadows would suggest they are right on top of the art - at the bottom of the water. No one looks at art that close.
heckybrown wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:32 am
It is an incredible piece of art (containing many more incredible pieces of art) and one of Emek's finest to date!
How many you got for sale? That is some hype you are spitting!
recycler
Art Expert
Posts: 4585
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:00 am

Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:08 pm

heckybrown wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:05 pm
Thanks for the info. Considering my position in the shop line, most everyone in front of me must've bought a foil then. Sure glad I was apparently too late - I would've regretted that $250. purchase today! The two skeletons "flying" over brown fields doesn't quite make sense to me. But I'm happy for those that did score one.
Neither do the bubbles coming out from their mouths.
automator
Nobody
Posts: 124871
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:00 am

Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:24 pm

New image Pearl Jam: Live in Two Dimensions 19 EMEK - Sunset Foil


Image
Post Reply