Return of the Jedi 16 Rodriguez

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:35 pm

This topic is dedicated to: Return of the Jedi 16 Rodriguez

camartin
Art Enthusiast

Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:01 pm

I have the other two in this series and was eagerly awaiting the reveal. I hope other fans are satisfied but I for one am totally disappointed. Ugly colors,ugly composition. It does not feel smart or dynamic like the other two do to me. I knew this was going on sale and I was on the Bottleneck site when it went up, but I just couldn't bring myself to purchase an ugly poster of Jabba and Bikini Leia. Alas, my series will remain incomplete. At least I've got Gabz' print.
FROBAY
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:52 pm

I grabbed a variant. Looks nice to me.
canadarocks
Art Enthusiast

Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:53 pm

camartin wrote:I have the other two in this series and was eagerly awaiting the reveal. I hope other fans are satisfied but I for one am totally disappointed. Ugly colors,ugly composition. It does not feel smart or dynamic like the other two do to me. I knew this was going on sale and I was on the Bottleneck site when it went up, but I just couldn't bring myself to purchase an ugly poster of Jabba and Bikini Leia. Alas, my series will remain incomplete. At least I've got Gabz' print.
I completed the series but I too was let down with this one. I would love to see if there were other designs that were passed over...surely they would have been better choices over this.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:01 pm

Tension. Release. Such important aspects of any good movie. Rodriguez chose to illustrate 3 of the most tense moments in the trilogy and I think they work really well together. I don't love the color palette on these as much as the others but I love the choice of scene.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
td2243
Art Enthusiast

Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:02 pm

This print is terrible. This doesn't even look like something worthy of the ROTJ storybook. Completely uninspired.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:39 pm

Weakest poster of the 3 for by far the worst movie of the trilogy. Sounds about right
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
irishlastname
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:34 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:I love it. Nice and understated. And I have to think that the next 2 will have a similar treatment of the title of the movies - will look most excellent as a triptych. And personally, I love that they are 18" X 24" instead of larger. Just wondering if this artist has any skills with faces/likenesses though or if the next 2 will be "faceless" as well.
Looks like you got your answer!