Universal Personhood Set 15 Fairey Release Discussion 03/05/

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
automator
Nobody
Posts: 127414
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:00 am

Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:44 am

This topic is dedicated to release discussion for Universal Personhood Set 15 Fairey - 1st

Image
stuckeyc
Art Expert
Posts: 5336
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:00 am

Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:15 am

Any guesses on the price of the set? 5k over under. i hope they are sold individually
Image
User avatar
jjttdw
Art Expert
Posts: 6691
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 pm

Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:40 am

stuckeyc wrote:Any guesses on the price of the set? 5k over under. i hope they are sold individually
I will take the over.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
User avatar
soam24
Art Freak
Posts: 12340
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:00 am
Location: The land of lizards

Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:49 am

holy large format
Image
stuckeyc
Art Expert
Posts: 5336
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:00 am

Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:07 am

jjttdw wrote:
stuckeyc wrote:Any guesses on the price of the set? 5k over under. i hope they are sold individually
I will take the over.
Agreed, thinking 8k
Image
User avatar
soam24
Art Freak
Posts: 12340
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:00 am
Location: The land of lizards

Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:18 am

I'll play, 7.5k
Image
User avatar
jlabbate
Art Freak
Posts: 15991
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:44 pm
Location: The BIG Apple
Contact:

Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:18 am

anyone hitting up the show?... I may try and head over on Friday to take a look
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
stuckeyc
Art Expert
Posts: 5336
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:00 am

Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:47 am

I want an hpm of 3. Reminds me of mujer fatale (my biggest sale regret)

Edit any guesses as to hpm pricing? Only ever been able ti secure album cover hpm
Last edited by stuckeyc on Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
jjttdw
Art Expert
Posts: 6691
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 pm

Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:49 am

soam24 wrote:I'll play, 7.5k
That would be my number which would increase as the run is sold old. Easy pass for me at that price point...I'd rather have something nice from the 90s. The only one I would consider would be the one on the right. As to the one on the left...is it a man??? I can't see if there is an adam's apple or there are balls on the neck.
stuckeyc wrote:Reminds me of mujer fatale (my biggest sale regret)
Peace Elephant sale was my biggest regret but the mark way overpaid.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
Bahhmerr
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:58 am

Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:46 am

whats the details on the drop??
User avatar
RiotAct
EB Trainee
Posts: 17546
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:47 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY

Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:51 am

jjttdw wrote: Peace Elephant sale was my biggest regret but the mark way overpaid.
The mark :lol:
1000steps wrote:Gift payments are like unprotected sex - always a bad idea with strangers... If you are gonna do it, do it with someone you trust absolutely.
stuckeyc
Art Expert
Posts: 5336
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:00 am

Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:01 pm

Ha, the peace elephant was the last silk i tried for and missed on I think (did miss the peace dove letterpress though). Was one of those wonky drops that it just never showed up on the page for me. Finally got a low # holiday version last year on the "cheap." Print haunted me for so long
Image
1000steps
Art Expert
Posts: 3573
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:20 pm

Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:13 pm

Bahhmerr wrote:whats the details on the drop??
I found this -> https://www.artsy.net/the-armory-show/browse/booths

Pace contact is third gallery down. I would love to pursue, but now is not a good time.
Welcome to the sleaze pit
User avatar
jjttdw
Art Expert
Posts: 6691
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 pm

Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:28 pm

stuckeyc wrote:Ha, the peace elephant was the last silk i tried for and missed on I think (did miss the peace dove letterpress though). Was one of those wonky drops that it just never showed up on the page for me. Finally got a low # holiday version last year on the "cheap." Print haunted me for so long
I sold the 1st edition and holiday edition for $1800 two years ago. I remember someone from EB sent me a message through eBay asking if I was serious about my asking price. Citing EB sales history he said they might be worth $1100. I told him I didn't really want to sell them but I would for an offer of $1500. The listing expires and the mark send me an email. "Are these prints still for sale?" he asks. "I decided to keep them" was my response. "I will pay $1800" he says. My response was "SOLD".

The holiday edition wasn't near the quality of the 1st edition IMO.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
User avatar
bryndavies
Art Expert
Posts: 9824
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:44 pm
Location: The Last Frontier

Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:37 pm

RiotAct wrote:
jjttdw wrote: Peace Elephant sale was my biggest regret but the mark way overpaid.
The mark :lol:
ImageT.K.C.
Post Reply