The Criterion Collection

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
glenn1
Art Expert

Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:59 pm

Yeah, I was strongly considering blind buying Thief, but backed off at the last second. I love Caan, but the only Mann film I've watched more than once is Heat.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:03 pm

glenn1 wrote:Yeah, I was strongly considering blind buying Thief, but backed off at the last second. I love Caan, but the only Mann film I've watched more than once is Heat.
I like Mann's stuff too, but I never go back to it.
jlabbate
Art Freak

Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:18 pm

RottenAtom wrote:
glenn1 wrote:Yeah, I was strongly considering blind buying Thief, but backed off at the last second. I love Caan, but the only Mann film I've watched more than once is Heat.
I like Mann's stuff too, but I never go back to it.
you guys are crazy! :P

Heat
Thief
Last of the Mohicans
Collateral
Ali
Manhunter

all have great replay value :pint:
c0bbz
Art Expert

Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:40 pm

Thief > The Insider > Last of the Mohicans > Heat > Ali > Collateral > Miami Vice > Manhunter > Public Enemies > The Keep
Image ISO FILM NOIR Image
veltri
Art Expert

Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:45 pm

Glad to see they have dramatically reduced their shipping charges to Canada.

Finally picked up Double Life of Veronique which I've not yet seen, and Paris, Texas which I've seen more often than I should already. That's a film I can watch with no sound or listen to with no image and be enthralled the whole time.
strongstuff wrote: i want to watch those fools squirm.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:48 pm

Tom Cruise cracks me up in Collateral.

Max: You killed him?

Vincent: No, I shot him. Bullets and the fall killed him.
omgkitty
Art Expert

Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:50 pm

RottenAtom wrote:Tom Cruise cracks me up in Collateral.

Max: You killed him?

Vincent: No, I shot him. Bullets and the fall killed him.
I really love Collateral. It's one of those films I always seem to forget exists, and then when it comes up I think "man that's a good drymounting movie."
Jesusmalverde
Art Expert

Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:37 pm

Thief
The Hit
Friends of Eddie Croyle
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:59 pm

Thief was a blind buy, I've always dug Mann's style and I've heard nothing but good things. Ditto on Collateral though, I love how that film was shot, the lighting is insane, and despite Cruise going mental I still really enjoy him in it.

Still bummed about The Third Man though, will need to check it out for sure. I almost grabbed Blue is the Warmest Color, cause :groucho:
ohkay
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:20 pm

I picked up:
Fantastic Mr. Fox
Rosemary's Baby
High and Low
Thief
8 1/2
Breathless
Badlands
Being John Malkovich

And there are so many more that I want, but there's always the next sale
appletree
Art Expert

Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:23 pm

I didn't even go to the site. I did yesterday and was going to prep some pages then remembered I don't need to spend a dime. I will wait until the next sale that comes around. Congrats to everyone's new purchases.
<3 + Image = T.H.C.

:::Johnathon Powers Photography:::
Sail wrote:it was all just a misunderstandingtree.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:45 pm

Darkknight37 wrote:Still bummed about The Third Man though, will need to check it out for sure. I almost grabbed Blue is the Warmest Color, cause :groucho:
The Third Man is great. First time I saw it, I was in high school and they played it on the big screen at local college. Great experience. There's nothing like that zither.

I have the Blu-Ray and the DVD. I'll send you the DVD to check out. No push back, I have your address :wink:
desch
Art Expert

Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:38 pm

Was very lucky to have gotten The Third Man on blu-ray right after it went out of print. Phenomenal movie.

I haven't seen many people mention "El Norte". I highly recommend this one. A great piece about a brother and sister migrating form Nicaragua to the US.

Decided to pick up Branded to Kill, Tokyo Drifter and The Spy Who Came in From The Cold.
“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.”
“The Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing.” R. Mueller
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:49 pm

desch wrote:Was very lucky to have gotten The Third Man on blu-ray right after it went out of print. Phenomenal movie.

I haven't seen many people mention "El Norte". I highly recommend this one. A great piece about a brother and sister migrating form Nicaragua to the US.
Thanks for the recommendation. My wife and her family moved here from Nicaragua. That one's near the top of my list now.
phriendlyone
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:57 pm

if anyone regrets going overboard and wants to sell their Fantastic Mr. Fox, let me know.
TOXIC BEAUTY Records and Rock & Roll GALLERY located in Yellow Springs, OH for your poster wants and needs! (513)965-1195