Rustic Overtones 00 Fairey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:10 pm

This topic is dedicated to: Rustic Overtones 00 Fairey

Catarax
Art Expert

Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:23 pm

i want this print.. is it a print? if so how many are there in the run... or is this an open run somewhere? please help...
sixstringer wrote: I don't care how they look...I just want to pop off the top and huff the tube!
alwaysalx
Art Expert

Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:35 pm

very nice war propaganda styling

bold and strong
naturevsscience
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:39 pm

Catarax wrote:i want this print.. is it a print? if so how many are there in the run... or is this an open run somewhere? please help...
I did a little research and found this. It appears to be a cover of an album...

Article from the Charleston City Paper:

August 1, 2001

Rustic Overtones Join the Posse

Last week, the Maine-based rockers Rustic Overtones played the House of Blues in Myrtle Beach before coming here for a Wednesday night show at the Music Farm. Their new album Viva Nueva is the band's first on Tommy Boy Records. But the big news is not that Rustic Overtones are stepping beyond college radio stations and in the world of major record labels. The big news is the cover art.

Charleston-born artist and Wando High School graduate Shepard Fairey (creator of the Andre has a Posse phenomenon) designed the Viva Nueva cover and his work can be seen on the band's website.

Fairey, a graduate of Rhode Island School of Design, has been settled in San Diego for some time where he has established his Blk/Mrkt visual communication firm, but it seems as if he's brought his artistic mayhem home for a spell. Fairey-like posters and stickers have been showing up on abandoned storefronts all over downtown.
aahnutz
EB Team

Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:43 pm

Catarax wrote:i want this print.. is it a print? ...
It's a poster.
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
automator
Nobody

Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:52 pm

New image Rustic Overtones 00 Fairey