Art Expert

Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:59 am

This needs to become a print:
My favorite Eine street piece!

A few goodies from the show:
misterx
Art Expert

Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:48 am

Gimme those otto anyday over the Goth font thingy with the candy stripes....why would they choose that????????? :shock:
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
mistersmith
Art Freak

Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:54 am

ottomatik71 wrote:I do not like all of those creases on the canvas. That's just sloppy, and they ain't cheap!
Lots of this show was sloppy. The same stencils were used on several pieces, there was a lot of overspray on some of those pieces, and like you said, lots of floppy canvas. I wasn't a fan going in, to be honest, but to be in a gallery like White Walls, to have this kind of visibility, and to ask these kinds of prices, I figured it would have been better.

Also, Eine was wearing a matching two-piece jumpsuit without a hint of irony like a busted Ali G.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
atomic
Art Enthusiast

Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:22 am

mistersmith wrote:Also, Eine was wearing a matching two-piece jumpsuit without a hint of irony like a busted Ali G.
whats wrong? you dont like the black and white zig zag look?
lazk
Art Expert

Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:54 am

What that heck? Why would you not stretch the canvas?
T.K.C.
fribhey
Art Expert

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:04 am

lazk wrote:What that heck? Why would you not stretch the canvas?
I think those are stretched, just poorly done.
mistersmith
Art Freak

Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:08 am

The "T" and "F" in SF are across from one another at about 1260 Bush St., between Hyde and Larkin not far up the hill from White Walls, if anyone is out looking.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
MrMurk
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:47 am

The print font was hand drawn by Ben and printed by Lindsey Kuhn. Its a very nice and detailed print in person.
CharlesDeMar
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:09 am

MrMurk wrote:The print font was hand drawn by Ben and printed by Lindsey Kuhn. Its a very nice and detailed print in person.
I read on another forum that he "lifted" the font from somewhere else. Glad to hear that's not true.

At first, I was a little put off on how "different" this was from his other prints. However, I am starting to really dig this one. The detail in the font shows how talented Eine really is. Plus, Lindsay Kuhn is one of the best in the business.
CHR1S
Art Expert

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:27 am

MrMurk wrote:The print font was hand drawn by Ben and printed by Lindsey Kuhn. Its a very nice and detailed print in person.
I'm very curious about the print. When I first saw the image it was a grainy jpeg e-mailed to me by the gallery owner and I wasn't too impressed. Also the $600 price put me off a bit. But I've since seen a cleaner photo of the print and given the fact that his prints are fairly scarce I'm starting to consider biting the bullet and adding this to my collection.

Where did you find out the info about Eine hand drawing the fonts? I know the quality of his prints are always top notch and I'm guessing since Lindsey Kuhn printed these will also be quality prints.
MrMurk
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:05 pm

CHR1S wrote:
I'm very curious about the print. When I first saw the image it was a grainy jpeg e-mailed to me by the gallery owner and I wasn't too impressed. Also the $600 price put me off a bit. But I've since seen a cleaner photo of the print and given the fact that his prints are fairly scarce I'm starting to consider biting the bullet and adding this to my collection.

Where did you find out the info about Eine hand drawing the fonts? I know the quality of his prints are always top notch and I'm guessing since Lindsey Kuhn printed these will also be quality prints.
We (Black Book Gallery) facilitated the production of the print and in the process we were told by Ben the fonts were hand drawn. Lindsey did the printing and it turned out great as usual. As for pricing etc - we had nothing to do with that aspect.

Look for a a couple of collab prints with Eine and other artists coming soon through White Walls as well.
CHR1S
Art Expert

Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:19 pm

Thanks for the info MrMurk. I just spoke with Justin at White Walls and he told me about the the collaborative works hopefully coming out in the next month or so. They sound amazing and I'm hoping I can add at least one of those upcoming prints to my collection as well. And Justin also mentioned the time and effort Eine put into hand drawing all the letters. He really is one of the hardest working artists out there.

The price tag was a shocker at first but not enough to keep me from making a purchase.
eleaf
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:24 pm

who are the collabs with...just out of curiosity?
s_k_y
Art Expert

Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:30 pm

Big Eine fan myself but can't justify $600 for that right now, especially since the canvas pieces were about 3x more.

I'll wait for the collabs. And hope they are more reasonable.
kevkevkev
Art Expert

Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:32 pm

when did his prints jump to this price?? and not even a good print at that.