The Princess Bride 11 O'Daniel

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:23 pm

This topic is dedicated to: The Princess Bride 11 O'Daniel

smokeycat
Art Expert

Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:24 pm

cool image, just don't see the relevance to the movie. :? at least it isn't a big andre head... :P
ImageImageImage
dodaniel
Art Enthusiast

Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:35 am

smokeycat wrote:cool image, just don't see the relevance to the movie. :? at least it isn't a big andre head... :P
Well the original book (which the film follows exactly) had this cool old map of the fictional countries florin and guilder. The map had all with those really cool sea monsters you used to get on the sea type illustrations. One of the most common sea monsters was the hippocamp. So I made a hippocamp out of buttercups. (not that deep)

Also one of the great jokes about Princess Bride is that it is based on a classic tale by "S. Mortgensten" This is complete nonsense. It was a ruse made up the writer William Goldman and no such writer as S. Mortgenstern ever really existed. However for years fans of the movie and book were trying to track down the so called "original" story. My idea was to kind of imagine that S. Mortgenstern really DID exist and that the poster would be a reproduction of an old 19th century book cover with all the gilded lettering and imagery.

Andre head would of been good too.
jericho
Art Connoisseur

Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:59 pm

dodaniel wrote:
smokeycat wrote:cool image, just don't see the relevance to the movie. :? at least it isn't a big andre head... :P
Well the original book (which the film follows exactly) had this cool old map of the fictional countries florin and guilder. The map had all with those really cool sea monsters you used to get on the sea type illustrations. One of the most common sea monsters was the hippocamp. So I made a hippocamp out of buttercups. (not that deep)

Also one of the great jokes about Princess Bride is that it is based on a classic tale by "S. Mortgensten" This is complete nonsense. It was a ruse made up the writer William Goldman and no such writer as S. Mortgenstern ever really existed. However for years fans of the movie and book were trying to track down the so called "original" story. My idea was to kind of imagine that S. Mortgenstern really DID exist and that the poster would be a reproduction of an old 19th century book cover with all the gilded lettering and imagery.

Andre head would of been good too.
Thanks for the explanation! And very cool poster. I think this one and Chinatown are incredibly well done.