What are you listening to RIGHT NOW??

Talk tunes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
coleslaw
Art Expert

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:49 pm

ZERO LIVE ON RADIO TONIGHT!

In support of the Great American Music Hall shows and KPFA, ZERO will appear live on the radio TONIGHT! Tune in at KPFA 94.1FM or KPFA.org. Show starts at 8PM, with ZERO playing live at 9PM.

For the first time in nearly 20 years, ZERO returns to the Great American Music Hall for a two-night special event: March 4th and 5th. Almost two decades ago, the quintessential Bay Area band recorded 'Chance in a Million' at the historic venue.

The band reunites to commemorate the music and to benefit band mate, Judge Murphy, who is battling liver cancer, awaiting transplant.
Tickets on sale now and selling fast. Thanks for supporting the cause to benefit a brother.

To get the word out and support the cause, print out handbills as needed: DOWNLOAD HERE.
http://gammalyte.com/clients/zero/Zero- ... _color.pdf

***Kudos to Dave Hunter for his continued stellar artwork...look for new collectible silk screen posters at the ZERO shows***
“But as Garcia said, you know, the '60s ain't over till the fat lady gets high. And that means that whatever it takes to get you high: sometimes grief, sometimes it's prayer, fasting. I prefer a joint.”-Ken Kesey
RupertPupkin
Art Expert

Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:55 pm

Mmmmm

this aggression will not stand, man.
ReverendToneZone
Art Expert

Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:03 pm

ironjaiden
Art Expert

Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:27 am

Sooooo good :drool:
coleslaw
Art Expert

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:00 am

http://nola.livemusicblog.com/2011/02/1 ... ead-panic/

For many, festival season is synonymous with Widespread Panic and their massive, cross-country summer tours. In the last 10 years they have headlined almost every major festival in America (many forget Bonnaroo served as a two night Panic run in 2002 and 2005 – WP has headlined Roo considerably more than any other artist) and are consistently invited back to play our own Jazz Fest nearly every other year. This spring they add The Hangout to that impressive resume – the second year gulf coast festival will feature Panic on opening night. WSP has been no stranger to the Alabama gulf coast, they have been playing Mobile since the 80’s and their more recent stands at Orange Beach have been perfect excuses for fans to slip down to the beach and celebrate the Gulf Coast’s beautiful Spring weather.

Fortunately for us, Widespread Panic will also forever be linked to the town of New Orleans (their Lakefront Arena Halloween runs are annual barn-burners of legendary proportions). JoJo briefly lived here in town before going on the road full time with Panic in the early 90s – he actually shared a house with trumpeter Michael Ray (who some may know from his band The Kosmic Krewe, as well as his musical relationship with Phish frontman Trey Anastasio) and his “Down On The Bayou” charity concert series has been a huge success for The New Orleans Musicians Clinic. Plus, John Bell met his wife Laura outside of Tipitina’s after one of the band’s early gigs, and they even spent their honeymoon in the Big Easy. The band and their fans (in conjunction with the Make It Right Foundation) also funded the construction of a house in the lower 9 dubbed “The House That Widespread Panic Fans Built.” To date, Panic has played in New Orleans nearly 50 times – including 7 stops at Jazz Fest, Voodoo Fest, The McAlister Auditorium on Tulane’s campus, the now defunct Municipal Auditorium, Tipitina’s, The House Of Blues, and The State Palace to name a few.

Widespread Panic recently celebrated their 25th anniversary with two landmark shows at Athens’ Classic Center and one at The Fabulous Fox Theatre in Atlanta. The simulcast shows also served as the first gigs of 2011 for the band, who are widely rumored be on the brink of a hiatus at year’s end, but that remains to be confirmed. The impending break, anniversary, coupled with the fact that it’s Panic in Alabama on the beach – pretty much ensures that Friday night at The Hangout will be something worthy of a 3 hour drive.

JoJo at Tipitinas – “Tipitina”
“But as Garcia said, you know, the '60s ain't over till the fat lady gets high. And that means that whatever it takes to get you high: sometimes grief, sometimes it's prayer, fasting. I prefer a joint.”-Ken Kesey
srdzevon
Art Expert

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:46 am

tornado sirens. :roll:
ImageX5 Hodor Image
coleslaw
Art Expert

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:11 pm

Todd Snider
Sunday Aftertunes
Vulcan Park
Birmingham, Alabama
10/11/2009

Source: Schoeps CCM4V'S(din)>Lunatec V2>Benchmark AD2K>
Sound Devices 722 (24/48)
DSP: Sound Devices 722>Sound Forge 9.0>CD Wave>flac(16)
Recorded By: Z-Man
Seeded By: Z-Man

Disc I

01 Announcements From Reg of 100.5
02 Announcements From Audra Bean
03 Introduction By Reg
04 Lucky Day
05 I Spoke As A Child
06 Banter
07 Easy Money
08 Just Like Old Times
09 D.B. Cooper
10 America's Favorite Pastime
11Doll Face
12 Play A Train Song >
13 Folsom Prison Blues
14 Corpus Christi Bay
15 Late Last Night
16 Hey Hey >
17 Double Wide Blues
18 Ballad Of The Devil's Backbone Tavern
19 I'm An Alright Guy
20 Don't It Make You Wanna Dance
21 Side Show Blues
Encore:
22 Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate The Positive
ottomatik71
Art Expert

Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:15 pm

'duck you
under
deep
salt water

in my
dreaming
you'll be
drowning'
rubberneck
Art God

Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:18 pm

Great epic and lush 70's score...best thing about the movie..( same goes for 'Raise the Titanic' :hanging: )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
hatredofhuds
Art Expert

Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:47 pm

New Weedeater! :evil: :pint:

qotsa909
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:57 pm

hope for men/king of jeans- pissed jeans
Blackheart
Art Expert

Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:02 pm

listening to some rasta music in bequia.... gotta love the islands....
I have spent 90% of my money on women and wine..........the rest i wasted.
coleslaw
Art Expert

Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:41 am

Ashton
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:02 am

you know, some records just make you smile like a crazy person. this is one:
:D