Star Wars Set 10 Stout Release Discussion 12/31/10

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
automator
Nobody

Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:05 pm

This topic is dedicated to release discussion for Star Wars Set 10 Stout - Regular

kj1nyr
Art Expert

Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:19 pm

I think this release broke ebeans!! Everything is reeeeaaaallllyyy slow.

Anyway, nerve wracking drop but Mondo's servers held up and I got order #1318x on the regular set. Never saw the variant set come up until everything was sold out. I'm about 200 pages behind on the Mondo thread. I'm sure it's FASCINATING!

Peace,
KJ
RiotAct
EB Team

Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:27 pm

kj1nyr wrote:I'm about 200 pages behind on the Mondo thread. I'm sure it's FASCINATING!
nope
automator
Nobody

Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:28 pm

This topic is dedicated to release discussion for Star Wars Set 10 Stout - Variant

edderlyj
Art Expert

Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:34 pm

What a bloodbath. And I'm talking about the fatted doe I sent flying last night with what once was my honda bumper and driver side headlight. So this release discussion may as well be my own...
:x At least I made it home safely and was able to set it on up. REVENGE of the Jedoe.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Героям слава
rubberneck
Art God

Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:53 pm

So if I'm trying to avoid lining the flippers pocket too much, what's the best advice from Stout veterans, with regards to making a purchase, time-scale wise on these new prints? Does having them in-hand make a flipper re-estimate their worth and bump them up?
Does the sinking realisation of not being selected in Stouts own lottery and then having read successful buyers reaction to the prints on forums such as this, make prospective buyers go and bite the bullet, increasing demands & prices?

Basically, how long before the curve turns on these? Want me some variants :!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
RiotAct
EB Team

Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:58 pm

rubberneck wrote:So if I'm trying to avoid lining the flippers pocket too much, what's the best advice from Stout veterans, with regards to making a purchase, time-scale wise on these new prints? Does having them in-hand make a flipper re-estimate their worth and bump them up?
Does the sinking realisation of not being selected in Stouts own lottery and then having read successful buyers reaction to the prints on forums such as this, make prospective buyers go and bite the bullet, increasing demands & prices?

Basically, how long before the curve turns on these? Want me some variants :!:
I'd buy now if I were you.

DISCLAIMER: take that with a grain of salt though, I am not exactly a Tyler Stout expert :)
MillerTime04
Art Expert

Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:00 am

I dont see them getting any cheaper
Art comes alive in the arguments you have about it
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:47 am

Sadly they probably won't get cheaper but if you don't wanna spend the Star Wars / Stout tax on these I'd hold off and wait till you do score something at face that shoots up just as much and trade it. Often that's the best way to get in with some of the more inflated prints.
d0ughman
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:01 am

I would recommend buying now. I have been buying Stout's work for a while now and the trend I have seen is that the first few sales are high, then it dips until after Tyler sells his copies, after that it goes back up again. I know a couple folks who were able to score extra sets (I tried to have a family member help me get a second set with no luck).

I can't wait to see these in person so I can choose whether to put up the Stouts or the Moss set.
My girlfriend wants me to frame the Moss set and let her put it up in her classroom (she's an elementary school teacher)... fat chance! The Moss prints look pretty nice in person, better than I expected them to! I'm sure the Stouts will not disappoint though, Tyler has a knack for detail!
RiotAct
EB Team

Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:41 pm

the Sales History graph for this set so far is purdy.

e^(-x)???
IWish
Art Expert

Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:47 pm

ironjaiden wrote:Sadly they probably won't get cheaper but if you don't wanna spend the Star Wars / Stout tax on these I'd hold off and wait till you do score something at face that shoots up just as much and trade it. Often that's the best way to get in with some of the more inflated prints.
Yeah, that's the method I'd use. Of course, I haven't come across any print that I'd be willing to pay that kind of mark-up. (That's just me.) If you really want the prints and have the money...I say, go for it.
gonzo303
Art Freak

Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:51 pm

IWish wrote:
ironjaiden wrote:Sadly they probably won't get cheaper but if you don't wanna spend the Star Wars / Stout tax on these I'd hold off and wait till you do score something at face that shoots up just as much and trade it. Often that's the best way to get in with some of the more inflated prints.
Yeah, that's the method I'd use. Of course, I haven't come across any print that I'd be willing to pay that kind of mark-up. (That's just me.) If you really want the prints and have the money...I say, go for it.
Really? There are so many prints that are 5-10x face value and that doesn't stop me from buying. It sucks sometimes about the inflated rate but that is the fun of this hobby.
Same fudge, different drop.
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:16 pm

I try not to pay much over face for stuff unless it's something really special. There's so many gorgeous fish in this sea, not gonna dive in for the few I miss :)
gonzo303
Art Freak

Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:18 pm

ironjaiden wrote:I try not to pay much over face for stuff unless it's something really special. There's so many gorgeous fish in this sea, not gonna dive in for the few I miss :)
I guess I mainly meant older prints (McCarthys, Faireys, and Sperrys), unless its something like a Dylan Sperry 1st ed. I miss out on.
Same fudge, different drop.