Star Wars Set 10 Stout

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
cargoflipper
Art Expert

Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:34 pm

charter wrote:
GR8Dane wrote:Lost posters will be less then face in the very near future.... Maybe the Moss & the Stout will hold some value, but the rest will be "LOST".

These new Mondo posters are in a different league.

850 is not a very big portion of the Star Wars fanatics out there.
The less popular ones yes. The more popular ones like Crash and Locke, no. I also don't think Dan's or Daniel's will ever dip back down to cost. They will remain at around what they are doing now. You will never see a $60 Locke or Crash on ebay. Same is said for this series. You will never see Stout or Olly sell for $150 on ebay but you will see some of the lesser popular ones, which a lot have already, sold at cost or just right above.
Thx charter. You echoed my point exactly.
hellosir wrote:People truly bitch about everything these days
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:50 pm

cargoflipper wrote:
Grateful69Phish wrote:
cargoflipper wrote: 10 Banthas...very close to cost on the bay.
Big difference- that one will go back up with time.

LOST compete with Star Wars? :rolling: :tumbleweed:
I'm talking about the poster series dude, not the phenomenon or cult impact on our society. Lets see how many people want Dave Kinsey's "Raider" print in a years time. I'm guessing not that many. P.S. You can get one for $80 now on the bay. OBO
My reference was in regards to the long-term values- what I do know is:

1. SW sold out every edition- LOST still has posters for sale......
2. A lot of folks opinions of LOST are similar to mine "not the best TV show" - you either liked it or you hated it. SW- most folks love it.
3. T.V show versus movie

1 year from now- those remaining LOST posters will still be for sale- count that into the value averages. :lol:
cargoflipper
Art Expert

Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:26 pm

I like to pretend the second series didn't get released. Apart from the Moss and maybe Burwell, I thought it sucked. Especially the taylor.
hellosir wrote:People truly bitch about everything these days
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:39 pm

Not sure if you can do that from a projected value stand point- it shows how much the fan base dropped off the radar, like Oceanic 777 Flight 815 . :lol:

By next year- the 1st series will suffer the same fate :wink:

SW... not so much. There are always some winners and some losers- SW will have more winners.

These are just projections- in the end, if the world was completely predictable, life wouldn't be worth living. :pint:
GR8Dane
Art Expert

Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:44 pm

charter wrote:
GR8Dane wrote:Lost posters will be less then face in the very near future.... Maybe the Moss & the Stout will hold some value, but the rest will be "LOST".

The less popular ones yes. The more popular ones like Crash and Locke, no. I also don't think Dan's or Daniel's will ever dip back down to cost. They will remain at around what they are doing now. You will never see a $60 Locke or Crash on ebay. Same is said for this series. You will never see Stout or Olly sell for $150 on ebay but you will see some of the lesser popular ones, which a lot have already, sold at cost or just right above.
Talk to me in 2 years. You'll understand then.
PorkBelly
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:42 pm

cargoflipper wrote:I like to pretend the second series didn't get released. Apart from the Moss and maybe Burwell, I thought it sucked. Especially the taylor.
It's time to let go.
charter
Art Expert

Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:29 pm

GR8Dane wrote:
charter wrote:

So you think Dan, Daniel, Olly, or Eric's LOST prints will be face value in two years? We aren't talking about the second series...Jensen fugged up on that one. If Justin released a Star Wars print every day for a month and made every print a run of 550 then not all would have sold out.
rmoore
Art Expert

Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:37 pm

charter wrote:
GR8Dane wrote:
charter wrote:

So you think Dan, Daniel, Olly, or Eric's LOST prints will be face value in two years? We aren't talking about the second series...Jensen fugged up on that one. If Justin released a Star Wars print every day for a month and made every print a run of 550 then not all would have sold out.
No, but dylansdad would have bought them all.
kj1nyr
Art Expert

Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:51 pm

Changing subject.......

So, apparently I can't nominate sets of prints for AOTW? While both the Moss and Stout sets are awesome on an individual basis IMO they are greatest as a whole story told in the complete sets. How can I choose just one!?!?!?!?! I love ALL my babies! :cry:
tj
Art Expert

Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:13 pm

kj1nyr wrote: While both the Moss and Stout sets are awesome on an individual basis IMO they are greatest as a whole story told in the complete sets.
Look, I don't want to jam up Olly -- his stuff can be super brilliant. Like, check this poster out -- amazing concept, amazing execution, amazing graphic design.

But what exactly is the "story" told through Olly's star wars posters?
bysleightofhand
Art Expert

Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:28 pm

kj1nyr wrote:Changing subject.......

So, apparently I can't nominate sets of prints for AOTW? While both the Moss and Stout sets are awesome on an individual basis IMO they are greatest as a whole story told in the complete sets. How can I choose just one!?!?!?!?! I love ALL my babies! :cry:
Hmmm, I know for a fact the buttons use to be there for the sets. Somebody removed them. Hmmm. I think it's kinda lame. These were intended to be sets, and they should be nominated as sets. They should be judge on quality. If anything, a 3 poster set increases the chances to dislike something.
ISO mccarthy ''the white tree' #6 and #10 canvases, or Clonal Colony aurora variant
electrachrome
Site Admin

Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:30 pm

kj1nyr wrote:Changing subject.......

this is correct. a decision was made by the EB curatorial team to create a new Set classification.
the individual prints are listed as posters and as such are each eligible for nomination for Art of the Week (and potentially Poster of the Year), but sets will not be eligible.

for several years there has been active debate about listing "sets" as an edition. this conflict most often came up with the Obey/Shepard Fairy releases. As a matter of accuracy there has been a concern that listing a set as a separate edition could be misconstrued as counting the total number of prints in existence twice. Sets are listed here solely for the convenience of tracking sales. The art of each piece of the set must stand on it's own (as far as EB awards go).
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:31 pm

This place is falling apart.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
RiotAct
EB Team

Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:39 pm

Codeblue wrote:This place is falling apart.
oh and I bet youuuuuuuu could do a better job
gonzo303
Art Freak

Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:41 pm

RiotAct wrote:
Codeblue wrote:This place is falling apart.
oh and I bet youuuuuuuu could do a better job
Uh, I think he could. Its pretty lame that you can't have a set that was sold to be a set nominated as AOTW.
Same fudge, different drop.