Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
maden
Art Expert

Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:53 am

Justin, any chance you'd tell how many you oversold by?
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around

jazzgalaxy
Art Expert

Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:53 am

JustinIshmael wrote:The reason refunds are coming is because we oversold this morning. We just sorted through everything and are sending out refunds. It sucks....I know, but there are only so many prints to go around. We really do apologize about this.
You did them in order sold, I assume?
burndisneyland
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:55 am

JustinIshmael wrote:The reason refunds are coming is because we oversold this morning. We just sorted through everything and are sending out refunds. It sucks....I know, but there are only so many prints to go around. We really do apologize about this.
Prior to coming on here I obviously didn't know it was due to overselling (one criticism is that it might be worth mentioning this in the email), I thought it might have been a problem with my payment/possibly I'd been labeled a flipper, thus the inquiring email.

My ordering while sat on the toilet story has much less value now :)

*edit* Cheers for the email reply Justin. *edit*
Last edited by burndisneyland on Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
RupertPupkin wrote: Be careful of EB, it can be very addictive and financially disastrous!
jazzgalaxy
Art Expert

Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:59 am

It really is kinda worse to have them and then not... I was pretty jazzed and planning to get rid of my other SW posters (save the Soto) because these are all I needed for my office. Bummer.
thekharmainitiative
Art Expert

Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:01 am

IWish wrote:
RiotAct wrote:still got Olly's drop on Wednesday... or is it Thursday? He says "Wednesday the 23rd" on his blog :? :lol:
:D Thanks...but, I'm sure these are going to go for a lot more. They'd have to or the same thing will happen all over again...people will only buy to flip. Ain't saying it's not worth the $...just out of my price-range.
That's what Olly is saying on twitter as well: "ollymoss Olly Moss @
@tomdio15 Can't do too much less than the average ebay price or I'll just get the same problem - people buying to resell."

Which means maybe $600 for the set as that's the average ebay price right now?

he also posted this, early design sketch for the ESB print. Love the stardustmovie.com URL at the bottom:

WhoLikesRingo wrote:This single post led to a roller coaster of emotion. Congrats kharma, king of the thread.
IWish
Art Expert

Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:02 am

jazzgalaxy wrote:It really is kinda worse to have them and then not...
So true...so true.
mcnail
Art Expert

Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:02 am

Unfortunately, this same thing happens on my site from time to time. When hundreds of orders are going through at the exact same millisecond, Paypal doesn't communicate with store software in time. It is about the worst feeling ever having to do it, luckily it doesn't happen often.
burndisneyland
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:04 am

mcnail wrote:Unfortunately, this same thing happens on my site from time to time. When hundreds of orders are going through at the exact same millisecond, Paypal doesn't communicate with store software in time. It is about the worst feeling ever having to do it, luckily it doesn't happen often.
My consolation prize is my Welcome Home got dropped off at my folks place (default in my paypal) and my brother is bringing it through here this morning.
RupertPupkin wrote: Be careful of EB, it can be very addictive and financially disastrous!
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:08 am

mcnail wrote:Unfortunately, this same thing happens on my site from time to time. When hundreds of orders are going through at the exact same millisecond, Paypal doesn't communicate with store software in time. It is about the worst feeling ever having to do it, luckily it doesn't happen often.
Hey Mitch... if P&T ends up dropping a portion of the True Grit, will they be signed by Aaron?
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:10 am

Here's that moon you guys been talkin about tonight from out in front of my house. It's super cloudy out but that kinda makes it neat looking :)

mcnail
Art Expert

Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:23 am

comountaingolf wrote:
Hey Mitch... if P&T ends up dropping a portion of the True Grit, will they be signed by Aaron?
The whole edition will be signed.
SimpJee
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:28 am

It's the nature of the beast it sounds like. Not much anyone can do.

Certainly stands to create some tense moments hoping you get through in time. Making the payoff all the bigger, when you end up getting the poster 8)
thevainone
Art Enthusiast

Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:29 am

ugh got the cancellation email........gutted. i think being shut out in the beginning would have hurt less. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
MillerTime04
Art Expert

Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:35 am

thevainone wrote:ugh got the cancellation email........gutted. i think being shut out in the beginning would have hurt less. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I agree , sucks real bad
Art comes alive in the arguments you have about it
DaleCooper
Art Expert

Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:36 am

burndisneyland wrote:Just woke up to find this in my inbox:

'Order Cancelled # AB- 123xx'

Your Order has been Cancelled
Ian Taylor,

This email is a notification that your order has been cancelled. Please contact us if you have any questions about your order.

Thanks for using Mondo.

I am gutted. No idea why my order has been cancelled, have emailed Mondo to ask why. As someone who hasn't ever sold a poster and only buys to frame I am now officially gutted. Sure Mondo has their reason, I just want to know what it is.
Sorry to hear that dude.. I was pleased when I heard a Brit scored a set.. Now we're all in the same boat. Next time I get a good prnt from Mondo I won't be able to relax in case of a refund!

Also, I got my Welcome Home through yesterday too.. Just not around to see it until after Christmas.