Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
rubberneck
Art God

Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:35 pm

jjbehren wrote:Hey guys. What did I miss?
Some english illustrator dude knocked up a few posters for a 70's space movie trilogy and apparently they are quite popular with folks here..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
Jamesesdad
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:37 pm

Well with over 40 of these either on ebay or already sold for well more than twice what they retailed for, I can see why people are so upset. However, to act like you 'deserved' one, or that its Justin's fault you didn't get one just makes you sound like a spoiled drymounting baby. This sense of entitlement is obscene, just because you bought a gift card for their website doesn't mean you are guaranteed to get every poster you want. Its definitely shitty that people are flipping these so hard, but what did you expect? This is clearly the high water mark for the series so far, and has gotten lots of mainstream media attention. If you have a problem with the edition sizes, the way mondo does drops, or how their site responds, do us all a favor drymountoff and find another hobby because apparently this is not the one for you.

Congrats to everyone that got one. Can't wait to see some pics of the final version.
desch
Art Expert

Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:38 pm

MondoFanMichael wrote:[ebay=]http://cgi.ebay.com/Daniel-Danger-Star- ... 512wt_1141[/ebay]

Here's the Danger Sanctuary Moon for $99 which seems really cheap to me. Maybe it will help someone out as a consolation prize. I wanted it but can't justify buying anything else today after spending $377 at Mondo. :shock:
Michael, thanks for posting this and reminding me. I had been watching this earlier but caught up in the madness this morning. That sucker is gone!
“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.”
“The Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing.” R. Mueller
Drama79
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:38 pm

Jamesesdad wrote:Well with over 40 of these either on ebay or already sold for well more than twice what they retailed for, I can see why people are so upset. However, to act like you 'deserved' one, or that its Justin's fault you didn't get one just makes you sound like a spoiled drymounting baby. This sense of entitlement is obscene, just because you bought a gift card for their website doesn't mean you are guaranteed to get every poster you want. Its definitely shitty that people are flipping these so hard, but what did you expect? This is clearly the high water mark for the series so far, and has gotten lots of mainstream media attention. If you have a problem with the edition sizes, the way mondo does drops, or how their site responds, do us all a favor drymountoff and find another hobby because apparently this is not the one for you.

Congrats to everyone that got one. Can't wait to see some pics of the final version.

TRANS: "I am flipping. Deal with it."

;)
sasquatch
Art Expert

Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:39 pm

schmoff wrote:wow, i guess i'll never own these

http://cgi.ebay.com/Olly-Moss-Star-Wars ... 3f05f08b25

WTF?
Something smells there.

I'm thinking Mondo is going after flippers on this one. I can't believe someone would legitimately pay that much for these.
lazk
Art Expert

Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:39 pm

I got a set, but do feel sorry for peeps who were waiting to hear from twitter. Pick a "method" for the announcement and try to stick with it. People selling on Ebay better be careful. I would not be surprised if they cancel some orders with the amount of $$$$ these are going for already.
T.K.C.
maden
Art Expert

Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:40 pm

I am sooooooo drymounting pissed! drymounting Mondo! My DD print has been coming up with "Electronic Shipping Info Received" for a week now! I demand satisfaction!

Oh, yeah, +1 set. It was thebends easy.
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around

mcnail
Art Expert

Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:41 pm

Look, I understand that people will be upset when 10,000 people are trying to buy a few hundred posters, it's just reality that MOST people will miss it. However, to, for some random fvcking reason, suggest that Justin is holding back copies to personally profit is ridiculous. Justin doesn't even own the company anyway, he just works very, very hard for it. drymount off.
thekharmainitiative
Art Expert

Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:41 pm

alteridiom wrote:I still want to know what it means by "You can't checkout with the option selected"?
Oh, it just means it sold out after you carted but before you checked out. That's mondo's message for it. The 'option selected' is the now-sold-out poster.
bigmuls
Art Expert

Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:44 pm

alteridiom wrote:Set the flip Over/Under at $300. What you got?

I say under.
Wow, not even close
LLA
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:45 pm

mcnail wrote:Look, I understand that people will be upset when 10,000 people are trying to buy a few hundred posters, it's just reality that MOST people will miss it. However, to, for some random fvcking reason, suggest that Justin is holding back copies to personally profit is ridiculous. Justin doesn't even own the company anyway, he just works very, very hard for it. drymount off.
:clap: :notworthy:
swabie2424
Art Expert

Codeblue wrote:Wish all the Star Wars nerds would go away now that the sale is over so the forum is usable again.
Sorry bro. I'm here to stay.

I kinda like art and stuff....
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
charter
Art Expert

+1

Holla :clap:

There are some mighty ballsy flippers trying to get a grand for this set.
lazk
Art Expert

Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:46 pm

mcnail wrote:Look, I understand that people will be upset when 10,000 people are trying to buy a few hundred posters, it's just reality that MOST people will miss it. However, to, for some random fvcking reason, suggest that Justin is holding back copies to personally profit is ridiculous. Justin doesn't even own the company anyway, he just works very, very hard for it. drymount off.
LOL Mitch is on FIRE.
T.K.C.
Jamesesdad
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:47 pm

Drama79 wrote:
Jamesesdad wrote:Well with over 40 of these either on ebay or already sold for well more than twice what they retailed for, I can see why people are so upset. However, to act like you 'deserved' one, or that its Justin's fault you didn't get one just makes you sound like a spoiled drymounting baby. This sense of entitlement is obscene, just because you bought a gift card for their website doesn't mean you are guaranteed to get every poster you want. Its definitely shitty that people are flipping these so hard, but what did you expect? This is clearly the high water mark for the series so far, and has gotten lots of mainstream media attention. If you have a problem with the edition sizes, the way mondo does drops, or how their site responds, do us all a favor drymountoff and find another hobby because apparently this is not the one for you.

TRANS: "I am flipping. Deal with it."

;)
Go screw yourself, while I did manage to score these on the drop, and it is very tempting to turn a 150 dollars into 1,000, I have never sold a poster for the sake of profit. I purchased these because they are gorgeous pieces of art. Deal with that you ass ;)