Revolutionary Woman with Brush 07 Fairey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
jjbehren
Flipper

Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:08 am

Codeblue wrote:
jjbehren wrote:This has to be the first time in a while that Fairey's work is not on the front page of "hot today" the night before the sale. Interesting.
I think that Brian Eno picture did it in.
:rolling:
pjtaper
Art Freak

Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:02 am

guyforget wrote:
pjtaper wrote:
danieldanger wrote:its nice, but sheps starting to repeat himself.
:iagree:
You wouldnt know if Fairey was becoming redundant if someone didnt tell you he was. When did you start paying attention to his work, 2 months ago? and you continually disrespect it, but then you post as if you have some insight as to what his creative process is? Gimme a break. Of course, you continually outdo your douchebaggery, as clearly evidenced by your next post:
pjtaper wrote:
freaksmeout wrote:Singer/Songwriter Todd Snider says in his song "Easy Money"....

he wants that easy money
it's sad but it's true
everybody wants the most they can possibly get
for the least they could possibly do
they want that easy money

:wink:
exactly! I don't really respect this, and I don't mind flipping it! emek puts his heart and soul into every poster it seems... this dude has a middle eastern victoria secret magazine and he just keeps using the models from it for his next poster idea! it's quite sad, I wish someone would give him a PNE magazine!
Youre a f'ucking tool, no two ways about it. Douchebag #1, right here, folks.
Sorry maan, didn't mean to ruin the good vibe...
Stupid drymounting hippie! I was going to respond to this, but anyone that likes Phish obviously has no taste in music, art, or anything else so I'm just going to leave this alone!
electrachrome
Site Admin

Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:06 am

pjtaper wrote:"...but anyone that likes Phish obviously has no taste in music, art, or anything else..."
I'm going to have to disagree with that! :roll:
pjtaper
Art Freak

Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:08 am

electrachrome wrote:
pjtaper wrote:"...but anyone that likes Phish obviously has no taste in music, art, or anything else..."
sorry, me too... they do usually have great taste in herbal remedies! other than that though, my advice, take a shower dirty hippies and rinse the fudge out of your ears! PHISH BLOWS!
username
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:13 am

said the pearl jam fanboy
pjtaper
Art Freak

Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:16 am

username wrote:said the pearl jam fanboy
I do love me some Pearl Jam!
Just picked up my My Morning Jacket/Dylan Red Rocks tickets... should be a fun one!
guyforget
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:18 am

Ok - lets weigh in here:

Youre a douchebag.

I have bad taste in music.

I still win.

Douchebag.

Oh, and it doesnt do much good to go ahead and respond, and then say "Im going to leave this alone." You either leave it alone or you dont, but you dont reply, and then claim to be leaving it alone. To top it off, you say youre going to leave it alone, then follow it up with another insulting post. Moron.
pjtaper wrote: I'm glad EMEK knows I'm not a flipper
pjtaper
Art Freak

Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:20 am

guyforget wrote:Ok - lets weigh in here:

Youre a douchebag.

I have bad taste in music.

I still win.

Douchebag.
I thought I won... damn... But what if I called you a douchebag... or what if I called you something else to do with feminine hygiene? Would I at least be back in the competition?
goddamn hippie!

now I'm going to leave this alone... for 3 minutes, until I respond again... if anyone is keeping score on who is winning, I could use an update :D
mcgod
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:22 am

pjtaper wrote:
electrachrome wrote:
sorry, me too... they do usually have great taste in herbal remedies! other than that though, my advice, take a shower dirty hippies and rinse the fudge out of your ears! PHISH BLOWS!
You have the worst taste on this board. You keep proving it over and over.

Most people that 'hate' phish really just hate the 'jamband scene', wannabe hippies and such, which is fine. It's like hating Pearl Jam just because of their fans....oh wait.... ;)

But it had nothing to do with the music at all. Phish live at their peak would have melted your brain, and from what I've read that would be an improvement
Flimby

Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:30 am

mcgod wrote:Phish live at their peak would have melted your brain, and from what I've read that would be an improvement
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:32 am

Wow, he just can't not piss people off. It's truly amazing.
guyforget
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:41 am

Codeblue wrote:Wow, he just can't not piss people off. It's truly amazing.
You know, I usually like to leave this idiot alone, save for the one or two times a month when he goes way out of line and posts some bullshit like this:
pjtaper wrote: exactly! I don't really respect this, and I don't mind flipping it! emek puts his heart and soul into every poster it seems... this dude has a middle eastern victoria secret magazine and he just keeps using the models from it for his next poster idea! it's quite sad, I wish someone would give him a PNE magazine!
That shits just uncalled for. And a PNE magazine? EMEK, maybe, but Justin and Jermaine have fallen off the last two years, big time... maybe since I dont respect their latest works I should start to flip it and post in every single thread how I dont respect it and they should get an Obey Giant rag to inspire them.

The point is that this douchebag should just keep his trap shut, especially when he's so goddamn clueless anyway. At least when I criticize Jermaine or Justin I have 5, 6, 7, years of reference from my own collection to compare their latest to. This asshole has no reference point when it comes to Fairey "repeating himself" and should just keep such senseless comments to himself.
MattStrine
Art Expert

Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:52 am

It's almost an Obey experiment: continually weed out the buyers so he can get back to his core fans.

I think this image is pretty lame.
Manimal
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:34 pm

I'm glad people aren't really into this. give me a chance to get it. I don't mind it. Who doesn't love Brian Eno?
guyforget
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:37 pm

I usually love anything he does w/ a big gun and a big flower, but this one... something about that eyebrow. I dunno...