Bob Dylan Virginia 10 Taylor

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
virtualmert
Art Expert

Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:54 pm

great print, +1 :pint:
:cautiously removes pants:
RiotAct
EB Team

Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:07 pm

Picked up one as well, was just under $49 USD shipped from Australia. Not bad at all.

I think I like the Sperry one better, but this one looks awesome as well -- they both have different vibes to them.

Hope to see Dylan at least once before he stops touring!
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:19 pm

Don't worry about catching Dylan before he stops touring, Riot. His tour is called The Endless Tour because it's gonna go on forever. He's like the Blues Brothers... he's on a mission from God... he has said as much in interviews.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
woodyland
Art Expert

Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:21 am

Unless you've NOT yet seen Dylan live I wouldn't bother. And I'm a huge Dylan fan. He is a living Natl' Treasure. But until he cleans up his live shows I won't bother. All the songs sound the same, same beat, same pace, almost the same tune exactly. Only the lyrics, when discernible, make the song recognizable. Last time I saw him was @ Hollywood Palladium where it's standing room only. I honestly tho't I was gonna die. Best thing of the night:Sonoran hot dog post show.
They're a Band Beyond Description, like Jehovah's Favorite Choir
goldenrose
Art Expert

Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:47 am

If you want to have your mind blown buy his christmas album. For a good chuckle read the amazon reviews they are equally divided between 5 stars and 1 star http://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Heart-B ... 874&sr=1-1. Check out the sound samples. I'm a huge fan and own hundreds of concerts but I understand he is not for everyone - there are certain years I choose not to listen to. Recently in the last two years his voice is better and he is killing it.
the reckless are out wrecking, the timid plead their pleas - robert hunter
Imatruck
Art Expert

Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:00 pm

plus Charlie Sexton is back on guitar.....and Charlie brings out the best.
RiotAct
EB Team

Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:52 pm

anyone in the U.S. hear anything regarding shipping yet? Waiting patiently.
KNEEL13
EB Team

Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:01 pm

RiotAct wrote:anyone in the U.S. hear anything regarding shipping yet? Waiting patiently.
I just got mine yesterday. Packed well. The poster looks great. The brown inks have a glossy sheen to them compared to the flat black.

The only bad thing I can say is that there is a very faint line/scuffing on the flat black through the Bob Dylan type area where the edge of the poster had rubbed against the flat black. Maybe it happened because I had 2 posters instead of 1? It still looks great though.
RiotAct
EB Team

Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:26 pm

KNEEL13 wrote:
RiotAct wrote:anyone in the U.S. hear anything regarding shipping yet? Waiting patiently.
I just got mine yesterday. Packed well. The poster looks great. The brown inks have a glossy sheen to them compared to the flat black.

The only bad thing I can say is that there is a very faint line/scuffing on the flat black through the Bob Dylan type area where the edge of the poster had rubbed against the flat black. Maybe it happened because I had 2 posters instead of 1? It still looks great though.
Nice!!!! Sounds awesome, any chance you can get a few pics up? :D

The sad thing is, I live 90 minutes away from Charlottesville, but was out-of-state when the gig went down and now have to wait for shipping from Australia, which is halfway around the world :lol:
RiotAct
EB Team

Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:00 pm

Just got this today myself, VERY nice in person -- love the elegant simplicity!!!
Imatruck
Art Expert

Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:43 pm

beautiful illustration
downtown
Art Expert

Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:57 pm

Very nice in person.
dwyutzey
Art Connoisseur

Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:50 am

great poster....love Ken Taylor's stuff. He and Sperry are artists of the year!

Dylan though....he's had a great, great career. I agree with the people above who put him in the national treasure category...but it's time. If you havent already seen him, it's too late. I tend to agree with this article

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 53352.html
ImageImageImageImageImage
virtualmert
Art Expert

Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:10 am

got mine the other day as well. i too had the faint white line from the edge of the poster. it came off easily with a soft cloth as suggested by john from BTP. great print looks great in person. smells something fierce though. :pint:

:cautiously removes pants:
upseeker
Art Expert

Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:22 pm

Got mine yesterday. Stinky, but beautiful. I will try to remove that line too. The actual dimensions are 17 1/2 x 24 3/8.