Mr. Brainwash "surprise show" in Miami

General art-related discussion.
al4591
Art Connoisseur

Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:01 pm

Just saw Mr. Brainwash's facebook update. It said "surprise show in Miami just around the corner".
Does anybody got any details?
jojobadass
Art God

Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:07 pm

al4591 wrote:Just saw Mr. Brainwash's facebook update. It said "surprise show in Miami just around the corner".
Does anybody got any details?

I imagine it will be the same time as Basil........which I believe is next weekend.
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
Kdh12
Art Freak

Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:11 pm

I hear it is going to me MBW cruise to the Bahamas
mmmm Beer :pint:
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:04 am

I heard he had wine and cheese for lunch.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
southerngarden
Art Expert

Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:19 am

must be for basel, who has the details...ill go chek it out
gorkie
Art Freak

Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:26 pm

It is Art Basel. I think the official announcement happens on Monday.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
mistersmith
Art Freak

Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:55 pm

New Facebook status read: "I paid a bunch of design school grads to do pale Warhol rips and then I randomly splattered them with some paint...I'll be hanging them up next to a few hundred hard-working artists because you people are stupid enough to buy anything."
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
spagucci1
Art Expert

Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:58 pm

mistersmith wrote:New Facebook status read: "I paid a bunch of design school grads to do pale Warhol rips and then I randomly splattered them with some paint...I'll be hanging them up next to a few hundred hard-working artists because you people are stupid enough to buy anything."

Sweet! Thanks for the update! :roll:
mistersmith
Art Freak

Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:33 pm

I've got a few friends at Basel. They worked their ass off to get there and create art they think is meaningful and important. Brainwash never worked for anything. He pays art school kids to fart out pop culture junk, flicks paint across it, and pretends it's anything but meaningless.

My opinion? MBW showing up at Basel is insulting to everyone that worked for it: and since included in that "everyone" are some people I call friends, I'm a bit insulted too.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
spagucci1
Art Expert

Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:38 pm

mistersmith wrote:I've got a few friends at Basel. They worked their ass off to get there and create art they think is meaningful and important. Brainwash never worked for anything. He pays art school kids to fart out pop culture junk, flicks paint across it, and pretends it's anything but meaningless.

My opinion? MBW showing up at Basel is insulting to everyone that worked for it: and since included in that "everyone" are some people I call friends, I'm a bit insulted too.
Dont hate the player, hate the game.
Last edited by spagucci1 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tadrules
Art Expert

Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:43 pm

that's funny, i call you misterdoesn'tknowadamnthingbutkeepsonpostinganyway.
If you use ULINE tubes, please don't pm me about trades or sales.
spagucci1
Art Expert

Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:47 pm

Tadrules wrote:that's funny, i call you misterdoesn'tknowadamnthingbutkeepsonpostinganyway.

says the JBOY fanboy... Dont you have some horrible Banksy knockoffs to be buying and pheening over?
hayward96
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:55 pm

bandana
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:21 pm

mistersmith wrote:I've got a few friends at Basel. They worked their ass off to get there and create art they think is meaningful and important. Brainwash never worked for anything. He pays art school kids to fart out pop culture junk, flicks paint across it, and pretends it's anything but meaningless.

My heart is bleeding. Tell your friends to get a real job, insurance or something.... They are never gonna make it.

Keep spraying those drips on the prints in a wheelchair. Sheer class! Viva la brainwash! :lol:
gorkie
Art Freak

Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:10 pm

mistersmith wrote:New Facebook status read: "I paid a bunch of design school grads to do pale Warhol rips and then I randomly splattered them with some paint...I'll be hanging them up next to a few hundred hard-working artists because you people are stupid enough to buy anything."
The man is here to stay. Jesus people get over it! The man will succeed and continue to grow and prosper on his sheer drive and will power alone. The man is a machine AND an artist.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram