We'd Like To Take You Home With Us... 10 Rogers

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:03 pm

justbehmh
Art Expert

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:43 pm

"diamond dusted"...wheeeeeeeee!
GerryJarcia wrote:oh and coke is only done properly when sniffed of the hardened penis of a homeless man.
tkrabago
Art Enthusiast

Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:50 pm

Pure adolescent garbage once again from Jermaine. Who is keeping this guy is business??
chalkdust
Art Expert

Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:23 am

ouch.. Jermaine's a pretty cool dude and a great artist that got a lot of people on this forum into collecting posters. Not to mention he graces us with his presence quite a bit around here so please..

BTW, this image isn't new it's just an art print from an insanely rare 1999 poster:

Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:57 am

The way I heard it, this art print that's being released tomorrow was supposed to be a 10th anniversary thingy to commemorate the 1999 Chemical Brothers poster. I guess since it didn't come out in 2009, it isn't being marketed that way now by Jermaine or NOWhere Limited.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
kushmeja
Art Connoisseur

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:48 pm

Doesn't look there are many people picking this up.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:17 pm

Love it, love what Jermaine had to say about it.

The source material is a pure icon to me. Just love the irreverence, humor, subtle commentary on what might be beneath the surface of something that we are all so "comfortable" with.

+1 can't wait to see it in person...you know his work usually POPS and these are great colors (10 of them!)
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
mattlew69
Art Expert

Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:22 pm

i cant wait to see pics of the diamond dust on paper. if anyone picked one of those up please post pics when you recieve it.

plus it was printed using one of andy warhol old presses. thats pretty cool. i have seen some of warhols diamond dust screen prints in person and they are saaaaaweeeeet!
jlabbate
Art Freak

Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:52 pm

All of the variants are gone...only the reg remains
Tadrules
Art Expert

Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:02 pm

tkrabago wrote:Pure adolescent garbage once again from Jermaine. Who is keeping this guy is business??
pure adolescent garbage is exactly how i would describe your post. i bet he makes more money than you! :P
If you use ULINE tubes, please don't pm me about trades or sales.
watsonmarc
Art Enthusiast

Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:52 pm

All editions are SOLD OUT!
RadicalRich1138
Art Expert

Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:55 pm

Has anyone gotten this yet?
BigmanJames wrote: i am he who does drugs for my inlaws
jonkino
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:32 am

RadicalRich1138 wrote:Has anyone gotten this yet?

I've just received my regular and gold variant after three months - the longest I have ever waited for a print. But I am disappointed because despite the rather superb print, the gold print as several dings, slight pressure marks along the bottom gold border from what appears to be from rough handling, which you wouldn't expect from a gold matt print. Ok, not in the main image but still in the gold border which would be very visible when framed. I've been trying to take pictures of it but because of the gold paper it completely reflects the light so very difficult to get the faults to show in a photograph.

The regular print as a row of raised areas in right hand side of the print which you actually can see more from the reverse. Again, not a big deal but depending on the angle that you look at it you can see some impections in the black area of print.

I'm not sure what to do as it is really difficult to get the faults show up in the prints but the marks are impections that I am not too happy with. Any suggestions on ways to smooth the dings out - albeit they are about 2-3cms long (about 4 of them).

I'm wondering if anyone else had any issues with the prints?
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:16 am

My print arrived in mint condition, friggin 3 months later.

GL getting any kind of response from NowhereLimited if you try to get replacements - I wrote them multiple emails while waiting for the ridiculously long time and never got a response. I will definitely think twice before I order from them again.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
jonkino
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:09 am

I've wrote them asking for solution but as yet noreply but I only wrote this morning UK time and they have probably only just started work there . I'm kind of not confident in hearing from them as like earlgreytoast, I wrote to them several times waiting for delivery and only got one reply. Bloody difficult people to deal with but I'll see what they say soon - hopefully!