Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
middayshadows
Art Expert

Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:59 pm

I think Fantastic Fest, the Halloween prints and Rolling Roadshow covered a lot of the cult (or at least non-sci fi/fantasy) side of things - they've struck a good balance, IMO.

A lot of cult/underground stuff has been well covered, for a few years now (not that I wouldn't like to see more). But this is the first time these bigger kahunas - SW & ST - have had any representation in the print world (ok, except for acme).
solthistle
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:06 pm

middayshadows wrote:I think Fantastic Fest, the Halloween prints and Rolling Roadshow covered a lot of the cult (or at least non-sci fi/fantasy) side of things - they've struck a good balance, IMO.

A lot of cult/underground stuff has been well covered, for a few years now (not that I wouldn't like to see more). But this is the first time these bigger kahunas - SW & ST - have had any representation in the print world (ok, except for acme).

Nah..pretty lopsided. RR hardly counts in my opinion, those aren't even "cult" movies really, FF had a couple but nothing close to the like 30 or so SW and ST posters in the last six months. Sure there is a million folks that want to see those but some of us do long for the some of the stuff mondo has been doing for years before those came along. Not saying they aren't kicking ass...cause they are...but honestly I would take a Bird with crystal plumage or creepshow any day over another SW print (unless it's Stout's or Ansins). I'm sure Justin and co. will be serving some tasty fudge in the future but at the moment it is waaaaay lopsided imo. And I know every SW and ST nerd will crucify me by pointing out the obvious. In the long run I don't mind about less releases that I will grab, mo money for mua. SW and ST clearly put mondo on the map for many that didn't even know about mondo before them, but you guys need to realize that many of us are long time supporters and see it a little different. Anyway, cheers guys I have over a hundred awesome posters that I wouldn't have without you guys.
"If you were a good pimp you would've hit me by now!"

"If looks could kill, I am a-dead now"
IWish
Art Expert

Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:27 pm

solthistle wrote:In the long run I don't mind about less releases that I will grab, mo money for mua.
Same here. In preparation for:
I'm sure Justin and co. will be serving some tasty fudge in the future...
Catarax
Art Expert

Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:32 pm

where's that monster metal..
sixstringer wrote: I don't care how they look...I just want to pop off the top and huff the tube!
solthistle
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:40 pm

Catarax wrote:where's that monster metal..

I'm pretty excited to get that too.... hopefully soon

Catarax
Art Expert

Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:52 pm

speak of the devil.. just got my shipping notice..
sixstringer wrote: I don't care how they look...I just want to pop off the top and huff the tube!
solthistle
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:55 pm

Catarax wrote:speak of the devil.. just got my shipping notice..
so did I... guess someone is actually reading this?? hellzzzz yea!!

Baker
Art Expert

Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:22 pm

As did I, I can imagine getting all those packed up to ship would take quite awhile.
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert

Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:32 am

I know this isn't Mondo nor Alamo, but it made me hope for their involvement in a Tron* print. The visual style of the movie just lends itself to screen-printing IMO.

*Tron Legacy - I know Klausen knocked his version of the first film out of the park.
HappaHaoli
Art Expert

Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:41 am

that looks good. It's almost here - finally.
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:48 am

daviddelgadoh wrote:I know this isn't Mondo nor Alamo, but it made me hope for their involvement in a Tron* print. The visual style of the movie just lends itself to screen-printing IMO.
I concur!
PhishNuggets420
Art Connoisseur

Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:48 am

Can we expect a drop today or tomorrow?
dylansdad
Art Expert

Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:58 am

Yep: "MondoNews: Up late planning for 2011. Up early to get this week's release ready. You are all gonna like it. Info later on today, most likely."
gshedron
Art Connoisseur

Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:27 pm

New SW print is up in the store, dropping tomorrow. Chewie gets some love.
rubberneck
Art God

Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:30 pm

gshedron wrote:New SW print is up in the store, dropping tomorrow. Chewie gets some love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"