TRPS SF 10 Sperry

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
unbroken1
Art Expert

Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:18 pm

itsdug wrote:Regular edition: $500
Variants: $1200
:shock:
are you serious?
unbroken1
Art Expert

Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:19 pm

Imatruck wrote:this will look badass next to the american artifact print.
exactly what i was thinking.
coleslaw
Art Expert

Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:51 pm

me too...right next to American Artifact for sure :clap:
“But as Garcia said, you know, the '60s ain't over till the fat lady gets high. And that means that whatever it takes to get you high: sometimes grief, sometimes it's prayer, fasting. I prefer a joint.”-Ken Kesey
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:01 pm

So, at the TRPS event, there's a limit of one poster per "patron". If the edition is 125, I guess that means it'll take an hour for these to sell out. If being a "patron" wasn't required, or if there was a limit of 2 or 4, they'd be gone before most early birds even find the right table.

The great thing is that this is an awesome way to raise money for the organization. I understand they do lots of good for the artist community... Reminds me of the old ARTISTA organization from ~30 years ago or so... too bad that was so short-lived. Anybody know what ever happened to that deal?
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
ricv64
Art Expert

Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:05 am

itsdug wrote:Regular edition: $500
Variants: $1200
:shock:

I don't think so
shoot , move and communicate - 125th SIG BN saying

Leokani Okauwila
macc5
EB Team

Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:30 pm

Rick_a_c wrote:So, at the TRPS event, there's a limit of one poster per "patron". If the edition is 125, I guess that means it'll take an hour for these to sell out. If being a "patron" wasn't required, or if there was a limit of 2 or 4, they'd be gone before most early birds even find the right table.

The great thing is that this is an awesome way to raise money for the organization. I understand they do lots of good for the artist community... Reminds me of the old ARTISTA organization from ~30 years ago or so... too bad that was so short-lived. Anybody know what ever happened to that deal?
My guess is they will sell these at the entrance to the hall as you pay for entry. That is how it ran for the 08 Emek and sure it will work the same way on this one.
itsdug
Art Expert

Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:12 pm

Already 2 of them on eBay.
no comment ®
gonzo303
Art Freak

Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:14 pm

:lol:
Same fudge, different drop.
kj1nyr
Art Expert

Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:00 pm

unbroken1 wrote:
Imatruck wrote:this will look badass next to the american artifact print.
exactly what i was thinking.
:iagree:
anners84
Art Connoisseur

Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:56 pm

macc5 wrote:
Rick_a_c wrote:So, at the TRPS event, there's a limit of one poster per "patron". If the edition is 125, I guess that means it'll take an hour for these to sell out. If being a "patron" wasn't required, or if there was a limit of 2 or 4, they'd be gone before most early birds even find the right table.

My guess is they will sell these at the entrance to the hall as you pay for entry. That is how it ran for the 08 Emek and sure it will work the same way on this one.
Here are the particulars about the poster sale. Yes, we'll probably be selling them right at the door. Price is still TBD, but we'll keep it right and reasonable, to encourage people to come on out to the show. We don't expect these to last long. We want our patrons to get a good deal, but remember we're trying to benefit a good cause, too.

Run size is 125, signed and numbered, and these will be the copies sold at the show. Chuck has just a few A/P's which he'll sell on his website the following day.

Yes there's a gold foil variant, but just a few (around 16-17). I hear they're amazing. They most likely won't be sold at the show, but will be auctioned later to benefit the ART fund.

Hope we see you in SF! :D
anners84
Art Connoisseur

Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:36 pm

Forgot to mention, one poster per customer limit.
woodyland
Art Expert

Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:03 pm

itsdug wrote:Already 2 of them on eBay.
Not on the bay.
They're a Band Beyond Description, like Jehovah's Favorite Choir
smellmysocks73
Art Expert

Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:51 pm

anners84 wrote:
macc5 wrote:

Here are the particulars about the poster sale. Yes, we'll probably be selling them right at the door. Price is still TBD, but we'll keep it right and reasonable, to encourage people to come on out to the show. We don't expect these to last long. We want our patrons to get a good deal, but remember we're trying to benefit a good cause, too.

Run size is 125, signed and numbered, and these will be the copies sold at the show. Chuck has just a few A/P's which he'll sell on his website the following day.

Yes there's a gold foil variant, but just a few (around 16-17). I hear they're amazing. They most likely won't be sold at the show, but will be auctioned later to benefit the ART fund.

Hope we see you in SF! :D
Typing this from 30000 ft up on my flight to San Fran. Wi-fi is cool. :D Looking forward to seeing some fellow EB'ers at TRPS. And fingers crossed that I'm able to pick up one of Chuck's prints.
srdzevon said, "Oh fudge!!! That's awesome! I hate you".
atomic
Art Enthusiast

Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:14 am

am i safe in assuming that this will be under 100$ ? ...

see everyone there.
RiotAct
EB Team

Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:27 am

atomic wrote:am i safe in assuming that this will be under 100$ ? ...

see everyone there.
I'd have to think the regular edition will be, probably not the gold variant though.