Bob Dylan San Francisco 10 Sperry

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:35 pm

Hey taper,
I was on topic, talking Dylan, in case you didn't notice...

Good luck with your frame job. We definitely want to see the pics.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
lightyears2010
Art Expert

Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:38 pm

i've been thinking about it and i think a black frame with spacers is the way to go. i thought about that black and gold frame from AF that i posted a few pages back, and i thought about a 3" black mat with a brushed gold frame...something just tells me to keep it simple with this one. the illo does all the talking and doesnt need any support.
krisjay
Art Expert

Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:38 pm

:lurk:
Burn, baby, burn!!!!
itsdug
Art Expert

Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:40 pm

pjtaper wrote:Anyone mind if we talk about Sperry's Bob Dylan print?
What hasn't been said about it? Neat, wow, amazing, cool, etc... Oh, I forgot :drool: :notworthy: :clap: 8) :D :pint: :roll:
no comment ®
tranito
Art Expert

Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:42 pm

Even the most stupid thing about it has already been said!
itsdug wrote:He should just print more of them.
Black mat on the outside and gold mat on the inside sounds good to me.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:44 pm

Personally, I feel that the subtle undertones of the Dylan 1st ed. are very reminiscent of a '98 Silver Oak Cab.... now, I'm talking flavor v. appearance. The tube itself discharged a nice essence of inks, oaks and various citrus undertones i.e. orange, lemon, lime... maybe just a hint of cinnamon oatmeal? The print itself is just plain D O P E, the shiznit wit da biznit. Quality paper, outstanding printing (per the norm) from Firehouse and the design lends itself to the classic image that it is...

Way to go Squirt! :clap:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
ceevee
Art Expert

Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:52 pm

comountaingolf wrote:Personally, I feel that the subtle undertones of the Dylan 1st ed. are very reminiscent of a '98 Silver Oak Cab.... now, I'm talking flavor v. appearance. The tube itself discharged a nice essence of inks, oaks and various citrus undertones i.e. orange, lemon, lime... maybe just a hint of cinnamon oatmeal? The print itself is just plain D O P E, the shiznit wit da biznit. Quality paper, outstanding printing (per the norm) from Firehouse and the design lends itself to the classic image that it is...

Way to go Squirt! :clap:
Couldn't have said it better. Had to bite the bullet and pick one up on the secondary market. It hurt, until I received the print. :D
itsdug
Art Expert

Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:56 pm

tranito wrote:Even the most stupid thing about it has already been said!
itsdug wrote:He should just print more of them.
Black mat on the outside and gold mat on the inside sounds good to me.
You just topped it with your choice of framing!
no comment ®
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:05 pm

Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:19 pm

So you obviously know some of my friends, golfer.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:20 pm

Rick_a_c wrote:So you obviously know some of my friends, golfer.
More than likely... funny enough, I did end up shooting right around par and ended up walking away with some nice skins $$$ just before joining EB :wink:
> THC X 9 <
pjtaper
Art Freak

Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:29 pm

comountaingolf wrote:
Rick_a_c wrote:So you obviously know some of my friends, golfer.
More than likely... funny enough, I did end up shooting right around par and ended up walking away with some nice skins $$$ just before joining EB :wink:
what the drymount are you people talking about?
PMs.. this isn't even a release discussion!!! (I make the mistake often myself :oops: )
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:36 pm

Quit sneaking up on us, Taper... you're freaking us out :lol:

> THC X 9 <
itsdug
Art Expert

Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:38 pm

Taper, go smoke something and come back later.

Man, this poster rules!
no comment ®
lightyears2010
Art Expert

Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:38 pm

i see they're fixing to start filming the hangover 2, with the original cast. supposed to open in may of 2011 i think. nice.