Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
solthistle
Art Connoisseur

Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:58 am

mcnail wrote:Quick FYI, the final Let Me In posters don't have the little bit of blood drool coming out of the mouth, giving the image more subtlety.

good call
"If you were a good pimp you would've hit me by now!"

"If looks could kill, I am a-dead now"
middayshadows
Art Expert

Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:32 pm

mcnail wrote:Quick FYI, the final Let Me In posters don't have the little bit of blood drool coming out of the mouth, giving the image more subtlety.
ha - so there's a 'before' edition and an 'after' edition then.

There are a a couple of pics of the before version in the Let Me In thread.
Brooks
Art Connoisseur

Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:26 pm

Was the Org art ever printed?
mcnail
Art Expert

Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:11 pm

The only version that was printed does not have the mouth blood. That version was just used for online promotion of the screening.
middayshadows
Art Expert

Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:24 am

mcnail wrote:The only version that was printed does not have the mouth blood. That version was just used for online promotion of the screening.
Ah , I see - gotcha.
solthistle
Art Connoisseur

Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:27 am

I'm sure those that don't like it can spring a buck for a red sharpie then
"If you were a good pimp you would've hit me by now!"

"If looks could kill, I am a-dead now"
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:51 am

Status update: Fantastic Fest is drymounting amazing. Great films, great town, great people, scored a ton of awesome posters. I have not, however, met Justin yet. I'm starting to not believe the dude is actually here. :)
But-we-unleashed-a-lion
Art Expert

Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:03 am

Justin is just a fictional character Mondo created for their customer services
That's why he is such a great dude.. he doesn't exist!
I even heard they are creating a holographic image of him to receive customers at the Mondo store in Austin
JustinIshmael
Art Connoisseur

Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:08 pm

IronJaiden-

I'm around....just running a bunch.
middayshadows
Art Expert

Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:39 pm

ironjaiden wrote:Status update: Fantastic Fest is drymounting amazing. Great films, great town, great people, scored a ton of awesome posters. I have not, however, met Justin yet. I'm starting to not believe the dude is actually here. :)
JustinIshmael wrote:IronJaiden-

Justin's actually tweeting about FF from under a beach umbrella in Maui... 8)

Seriously though, I'm envious - but glad to hear people are having a great time, ironj! Enjoy enough for the rest of us!

Look's like Mondo store is chock full of goodies - Metropolis is in and that Nevermore poster looks sweet.
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:52 am

JustinIshmael wrote:IronJaiden-

Haha I know. It's funny we were in there the other day and I was like "yo man where's Justin??? Dude's straight elusive!" and the girl who was there said "uhhh I think he's in Dallas picking up a sword". I thought she was kidding and then that night we went to the Paramount to watch Machete Maidens Unleashed and Roger Corman was there to receive his lifetime achievement award, which was indeed a gigantic sword :)
Now at some point I do hope to meet old Justin here. I've hung out with Tim League, Elijah Wood, Daniel Harris, Bill Pullman and the RZA but not Justin from Mondo :lol:

I will tell you guys that coming out of a screening for (the drymounting brilliant) Rubber then walking twenty feet over to Mondo and just buying a copy of the Olly Moss poster for the movie as if I were picking up groceries on the way home from work is totally surreal considering the F5 madness I'm used to for these things. My wife and I were moving the family down here to Austin next year anyways and this trip has completely confirmed every reason for doing that. Austin is a RAD city.
jjbehren
Flipper

Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:21 am

I watched the Drew Barrymore-directed "Whip It" this weekend. Not a great movie (84 on rotten tomatoes :? ), but there was an Alamo theater in it. Not sure which one.
dylansdad
Art Expert

Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:54 pm

jjbehren wrote:I watched the Drew Barrymore-directed "Whip It" this weekend. Not a great movie (84 on rotten tomatoes :? ), but there was an Alamo theater in it. Not sure which one.
That was the best part of the movie.
srdzevon
Art Expert

Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:01 pm

And that part was horrible.
ImageX5 Hodor Image
jjbehren
Flipper

Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:02 pm

srdzevon wrote:And that part was horrible.
Yeah, right? Just bad all around.