Goldfinger 10 Davis Release Discussion 08/26/10

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
automator
Nobody

Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:30 am

This topic is dedicated to release discussion for Goldfinger 10 Davis - 1st

gonzo303
Art Freak

Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:10 pm

These look awesome. My Favorite Bond movie by far.....Can we get some pics of the Editions. Would love to see the Gold and Silver Editions!
Same fudge, different drop.
pewter14
EB Team

Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:18 pm

You mght have to wait a bit, it states the event is on 8/26
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
gonzo303
Art Freak

Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:21 pm

Ya I saw that it wasn't til then, I just figured the cinemarat person maybe had some detail shots of it. Worth a shot!
RupertPupkin
Art Expert

Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:33 pm

I desire this poster.
this aggression will not stand, man.
jonkino
Art Connoisseur

Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:10 pm

Another great job by these guys, exceptional and a must for Bond art fans. Got the purple edition and shame I didn't make it in time for the silver and gold editions but if anyone has one they'd sell me I'd be interested to buy.
gonzo303
Art Freak

Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:07 pm

pewter14 wrote:You mght have to wait a bit, it states the event is on 8/26
SOLD OUT. Good thing I didnt wait to long......
charter
Art Expert

Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:19 pm

Got me a gold...can't wait!
biscocrack420
Art Expert

Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:00 pm

Hello everyone,

If you are receiving this email, it is because you have placed an order for our upcoming "Goldfinger" poster. We really appreciate the support, and we're really excited to get this poster in your hands. It is going to look awesome!

However, I did want to drop you a line to let you know that there will be a slight delay on the delivery of this poster. It will probably be somewhere around 3 weeks or so, but hopefully we can get this resolved as promptly as possible.

The situation is this: I received the posters in yesterday and they are absolutely beautiful. They are every bit as impressive in person as we hoped they would be. UNFORTUNATELY- despite being extremely well packaged, the USPS apparently dropped something very heavy on the edge of the box in shipment. I'm not sure how exactly this happened, as the box is in great shape save for one part where it looks like some immense pressure was placed on one edge. Not only is this part of the box crushed, but the pressure was enough to damage the entire run of posters inside.

When I received these I spoke with James (the artist), and we both agreed that rather than have a sub-par product get shipped out we would prefer to bite the bullet and get the entire run reprinted. We are completely scrapping this run, and none of this batch will be in circulation. So even though we're reprinting everything, the print runs and such will remain the same. This comes at a pretty high expense and some additional time, and we hope that everyone understands. I thought long and hard about various solutions in this situation. If the creasing were minor and not visible, I might try to see if some of these could be salvaged. But the damage here is to a degree that is unacceptable to me. As a collector myself I really want everyone to receive something that is top notch, and this is the best way to guarantee that.

If you have paid for your order you don't have to worry about anything. Your poster is guaranteed, and will ship immediately upon receipt (probably sometime in mid-September)

Also, because of this situation we will not have any of these prints to offer locally the night of the show. And while that is a huge bummer, it also means that I will have some additional posters to offer for sale. All of the posters that were being reserved for "nite of" sales are now available. There is still a limit of one of each version per customer. But if you only picked up one version initially and would like to add one or two more, the possibility now exists. You can drop me a line if interested.

Thank you for your understanding and please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Best always,
Matt
jlabbate
Art Freak

Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:50 pm

received a shipping notice from Matt this morning :clap:
biscocrack420
Art Expert

Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:56 pm

Heres a few pics

Incorrect way to package

What happens as a result of incorrect packing
RupertPupkin
Art Expert

Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:05 pm

Poster looks seriously drymounting awesome. Packaging is scaring me.
this aggression will not stand, man.
gonzo303
Art Freak

Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:07 pm

RupertPupkin wrote:Poster looks seriously drymounting awesome. Packaging is scaring me.
Well put, makes me nervous for my 2 posters....
dylansdad
Art Expert

Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:06 pm

It's ironic that they had these reprinted because of damage during shipping, then rolled them in paper smaller than the poster itself so they were damaged again during shipping. But it still looks awesome.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:25 pm

Silver variant up for grabs - http://www.underthefloorboards.com/sale.html
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral