Pet Peeves- Vent Here! Let me feel your pain.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
TheThirdEye
Art Expert

Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:52 am

People who think the IT department is a catch all for all problems whether they are IT related or not. No, your paper shredder jamming is not an IT issue. Fix it yourself.

We still have a couple of older color calibrated CRT monitors in a certain department. One lady that works there was upset because her screen kept flickering and waving. Once I arrived I noticed she had a personal fan sitting right on top of her monitor. I told her well that's why, and she responded in a snotty voice that she already figured that out herself because it only happens when she turns on her fan. Well then what's the problem? Of course she asks isn't there something I can do about it? Yeah, move your f'n fan away from the monitor!

I had a person yesterday submit a work order because they were trying to retrieve a deleted email from Hotmail. This is isn't even a company email account, and it's against company policy to be checking personal email at work anyway. Pretty smart considering your asking help from the people that are supposed to enforce this. Now they no longer have access to any outside email web pages.
mistersmith
Art Freak

Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:32 pm

Related: my father calling me from 3000 miles away asking why his DirecTV isn't working. I have never been any sort of TV tech, electronics salesman, anything, I'm just his kid. Last time, it took 15 minutes to realize his universal remote was set to send to the stereo (which he doesn't have) instead of his DirecTV box.

The sweet old ladies (sisters) that live in the apartment down the hall always ask me and my girl for help with their computer. It stopped printing, we went over and plugged the USB cable back in. It was moving slow, I killed all the malware and the 4 toolbars they'd installed on IE. Each time, despite our protests, there's a bottle of wine at our front door when we get home from work. Those old ladies rule.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
ColonelCash
Art Expert

Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:31 pm

fredo wrote:
ColonelCash wrote:From what I can gather, "other people" should be the ultimate pet peeve.
That's just who we despise most. But if there's one thing worse than people, it's things.
I disagree, to an extent. People make things, so the root of things would be people.
rssesq
Art Expert

Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:06 am

Serial killers.

http://www.freep.com/article/20100812/NEWS06/100812003

Good luck in Flint lockup. Lotsa brothers round them parts. :lol:

The story will eventually get buried like the Craigslist killer, Phil Markowitz. :roll:
maxine
Art Expert

Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:08 pm

This chick that works with me peeved me today.
I was about to run out and I noticed some water sitting on the floor by my flat file. I asked her if she split something. She said she did, water. I asked if she knew that I had art work in my flat file and she said she didn't. She really didn't. (Surprisingly enough a lot of people don't know what flat files are commonly used for.) Needless to say, some water trickled in there and got on some print boarders. It could have been A LOT worse though and I'm really surprised that I didn't freak out because that's what I would have done in the past. She had no idea how irritated I really was about it but what's done is done. Losing your mind really doesn't help anything.

She better not drymounting do it again though.
3Wishes
Art Enthusiast

Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:08 pm

I hate it when the "new guy" at the office is there for a week and brings sickness. I haven't been sick (chest cold) in several years, I feel like crap. Thanks a lot WALDO. (Yeah, that's his name...well... it's Oswaldo.) THEN he tells me yesterday, not to be surprised to hear of his resignation soon, it's not the job he's looking for. Infect and run...wonder how many other peeps woke-up sick today, besides me.
3Wishes aka IWish
cardhawks
Art Expert

Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:50 pm

I hate those plastic USPS customs sleeves. They just scream "this drymounting fragile fudge is gonna drymount everything up on this 6000 mile trip"
Twice this summer lost drymounting international mailed tubes with expensive prints....my head is about to explode
srdzevon
Art Expert

Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:03 pm

Does no one respond to PMs around here? Or replies to PMs for that matter?
ImageX5 Hodor Image
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:57 pm

cardhawks wrote:I hate those plastic USPS customs sleeves. They just scream "this drymounting fragile fudge is gonna drymount everything up on this 6000 mile trip"
Twice this summer lost drymounting international mailed tubes with expensive prints....my head is about to explode
Do ya print out yer forms online through Paypal or go to the post office and do it? If it's the former, perhaps all would not be lost if ya filled out a priority label and attached it as well. At least they'd know where it came from and where it's going. This of course assumes yer using priority mail.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
bysleightofhand
Art Expert

Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:23 pm

srdzevon wrote:Does no one respond to PMs around here? Or replies to PMs for that matter?
yea. It's especially sad when the people use to hang around here all the time and now no longer bother to respond or take down their listed offer for a print. That pisses me off.
ISO mccarthy ''the white tree' #6 and #10 canvases, or Clonal Colony aurora variant
shootsright77
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:15 pm

Drymounting DMV and their exorbitant fees. I did not receive my registration renewal letter, $110 registration + $130 late fees + $10 ticket.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:25 pm

How did ya even know it was late? Did they send ya another letter? Wondering if I should have received mine by now.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
kj1nyr
Art Expert

Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:09 pm

Photo radar speed cameras. Snottsdale Fascists!

And having a pistol toting court officer come to the door to deliver the summons 12 days before the court date when I seriously never received the original notice for an alleged infraction in MAY! Too late to sign up for the $199 online class (apparently need 17 days advance). Only choices now are attend a class in person, pay the $287 fine for doing 61 in a 50 zone, or go to court.

Damn, I hate those classes. I have half a mind to go to court and fight it.
shootsright77
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:11 am

Codeblue wrote:How did ya even know it was late? Did they send ya another letter? Wondering if I should have received mine by now.

Meter maid gave me a registration ticket
Catarax
Art Expert

Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:12 am

waking up from wet dreams..
sixstringer wrote: I don't care how they look...I just want to pop off the top and huff the tube!