Black Keys Toronto 10 Spusta

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
YellowBedwetter
Art Expert

Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:48 pm

Buddhaa wrote:Hmmm. . . pick up the CD yes. . . . see them live. . . leave that to better bands. Out of the 60 or so shows that I saw last year, the Black Keys in Chicago was the worst show i've ever seen. They played 2 nights and replayed 4 or 5 of the same songs, and the entire set was maybe an hour and 15 min. The music was just alright which was the biggest part. Go listen to it on CD, way better than they can ever perform it. . . . Although i havent seen them with the new band so you never know.
disagree 100% but to each their own
macc5
EB Team

Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:48 pm

Awesome work. Marq is going to make it expensive at TRPS the way he is going..
7th_son
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:04 pm

Buddhaa wrote:Hmmm. . . pick up the CD yes. . . . see them live. . . leave that to better bands. Out of the 60 or so shows that I saw last year, the Black Keys in Chicago was the worst show i've ever seen. They played 2 nights and replayed 4 or 5 of the same songs, and the entire set was maybe an hour and 15 min. The music was just alright which was the biggest part. Go listen to it on CD, way better than they can ever perform it. . . . Although i havent seen them with the new band so you never know.
southerngarden
Art Expert

Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:26 pm

7th_son wrote:
youre way off...these guys are insane live...mad skills...pure energy!

i filmed this at their last miami show...i know, im a dipshit for filming at a show, but it wasnt with my phone, so it sounds decent...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Cs34VcSz14

easily one of the best rock bands around today...and fyi its totally ok for a band to repeat songs played the night before...they play music, thats their job, people want to hear that fudge! ahhhh...see pearl jam...
rssesq
Art Expert

Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:49 pm

were these for sale at the show?
dr_flie
Art Expert

Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:09 pm

rssesq wrote:were these for sale at the show?
Yes, but only one per person. Sadly, my friend only picked up a copy for himself.
justbehmh
Art Expert

Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:19 pm

yes. live they are radical.
GerryJarcia wrote:oh and coke is only done properly when sniffed of the hardened penis of a homeless man.
Brady
Art Enthusiast

Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:00 am

justbehmh, couldn't have said it better...+1 :clap:
mlinderer
Art Expert

Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:09 am

YellowBedwetter wrote:
disagree 100% but to each their own
agree with YBW 100%. I've seen them too many times to remember how many this year, and they are absolutely amazing. I'll be catching them again this weekend in Des Moines and Omaha, can't wait. I do prefer them playing the older songs without the bass player and keyboardist, but that doesn't make the new songs any less kick ass.
gospar
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:29 pm

Poster is up on Marq site... go and grab one :clap:
desch
Art Expert

Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:27 am

Gotta agree about them being freakin' awesome live ! The first time I saw them was at SXSW about 6 years ago when they were somewhat unknown. It was at Antone's and I was right at the edge of the stage. Energy, tightness and pure intensity were at their peak that night. I imagine that like any band they have bad night's from time to time, but not the 3 times I've seen them. I'm just wishing they would play Denver again soon. It's been far too long.

As for this poster, I can't wait to get it from Marq as well as the Oakland version. Also looking forward to getting a Stout from a fellow E'Beaner. :pint:
“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.”
“The Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing.” R. Mueller
gospar
Art Connoisseur

Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:26 pm

I can't belive this poster is still up
smellmysocks73
Art Expert

Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:14 am

For fellow OG fans...check it--this won't last long, I bet. That Summer Camp OG is sick...but gone.

http://spustastudiostore.bigcartel.com/ ... nal-inking
srdzevon said, "Oh fudge!!! That's awesome! I hate you".
automator
Nobody

Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:19 am

New image Black Keys Toronto 10 Spusta

desch
Art Expert

Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:10 pm

smellmysocks73 wrote:For fellow OG fans...check it--this won't last long, I bet. That Summer Camp OG is sick...but gone.

http://spustastudiostore.bigcartel.com/ ... nal-inking

And now gone...
“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.”
“The Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing.” R. Mueller