Welcome to Hill Valley California 10 Tan

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
kushmeja
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:55 pm

I dig the print and all, but think it's a bit pricey and over-hyped for an offset litho (assuming the listing is correct). I definitely like the 50's throwback feel and the attention to detail like the clock tower.
IWish
Art Expert

Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:37 pm

This is from Eric's blog on the Hill Valley print (7/19/10):
Thanks to all of those who expressed interest in the print. The support on this piece is really overwhelming to me. Of all the posters I've created so far, it definitely took the longest and I'm glad you guys appreciate it. In the future, I'll be sure to up the run a bit so more folks can throw it up on their wall.
I wonder if the last sentence means he will do a variant BTTF print. Maybe he means on all future prints that he releases he will consider increasing the run. Either way, good news...more people will be able to get his work.
thekharmainitiative
Art Expert

Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:24 am

My Tan BttF is double-sided. There's a faint image of the print on the back. It's not reversed, so it didn't pick it up from another copy. Anyone else's like this?

I think it's cool. :banana:
KNEEL13
EB Team

Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:36 am

thekharmainitiative wrote:My Tan BttF is double-sided. There's a faint image of the print on the back. It's not reversed, so it didn't pick it up from another copy. Anyone else's like this?

I thought you were crazy at first :), but mine has it too. It's not reversed like you said and it's upside down from the front image. It looks like white ink and the Hill Valley is a very, very faint red.
KNEEL13
EB Team

Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:45 am

The top image is the normal photo of the back of the print and the bottom one I adjusted the contrast to pop the image more:

thekharmainitiative
Art Expert

Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:19 pm

KNEEL13 wrote:
thekharmainitiative wrote:My Tan BttF is double-sided. There's a faint image of the print on the back. It's not reversed, so it didn't pick it up from another copy. Anyone else's like this?

I thought you were crazy at first :), but mine has it too. It's not reversed like you said and it's upside down from the front image. It looks like white ink and the Hill Valley is a very, very faint red.
Thanks for verifying that I'm not crazy, KNEEL!
IWish
Art Expert

Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:55 pm

Just had the chance to check mine...it's double-sided too. Now that I think back...I have a recollection of seeing *something* on the back when I initially pulled the print out of the tube. It was so tightly rolled, I didn't want to mess with it to investigate at the time. Forgot all about it until I saw your posts.
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:22 pm

IWish wrote:Just had the chance to check mine...it's double-sided too. Now that I think back...I have a recollection of seeing *something* on the back when I initially pulled the print out of the tube. It was so tightly rolled, I didn't want to mess with it to investigate at the time. Forgot all about it until I saw your posts.
IWish
Art Expert

Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:28 pm

o-h-h-h...wow...

Is it possible that was his intention? If so, I think it's awesome.
KNEEL13
EB Team

Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:34 pm

I just got done burning my print, after seeing that video I was too scared to have the print in my home. :shock: :shock: :shock: :wink:
IWish
Art Expert

Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:36 pm

Ah-ha-ha-ha!!
rubberneck
Art God

Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:39 pm

Checked mine tonight and officially joining the 'me too' brigade..

I wonder if it was a test run on the other side...?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
IWish
Art Expert

Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:45 pm

rubberneck wrote:I wonder if it was a test run on the other side...?
That thought crossed my mind. I'm not experienced enough to know if they'd do that sort of thing. You'd think they'd do their test run then use new/fresh paper. I mean...I'm all into saving trees but to reuse the paper...not so sure about that. Anything is possible, I suppose.
IWish
Art Expert

Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:59 pm

Ha! I asked Eric about it. Here's his response...
About the 'ghosted' image on back, I noticed that when I was signing them and it really is odd. I'm not quite sure if ink got on the belt accidentally but it is consistent with all 150 of them. I'm happy with how the front turned out. The colors are exactly as they were approved on the proof. The eerie image on the back is quite the mystery. It's the 1st time that's happened and I'm just glad it was faint enough that it didn't affect the front. Spoooooky!