Them Crooked Vultures Toronto 10 Jermaine Release Discussion

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
automator
Nobody

Tue May 18, 2010 12:06 pm

This topic is dedicated to release discussion for Them Crooked Vultures Toronto 10 Jermaine - Artist

fluffhead13
Art Expert

Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Nevermind, I found the email sent on 6/21:

From the email:
"For those of you who hadn't heard through the grapevine, due to some shipping and customs issues with the printers who produced all the variants of Jermaine's TCV (Toronto) print in Canada, the prints have been delayed in getting to us.

We expect them to arrive during the first week in July and will begin shipping them out immediately then.

Please note all orders containing a Toronto variant of any kind have been delayed, so as to ship total orders at once. (To clarify - if you ordered other prints with your Toronto print(s) they will ship together after we receive the Torontos.)

So, again... thank you so much for being so understanding. We appreciate the very kind way everyone has asked about this, and so does Jermaine. He has decided to include something extra with all of the Toronto orders that have been delayed. Hopefully, this will make the wait just a bit more bearable."

I wonder what the freebie is?
boilerdave
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:49 pm

Has anyone received their posters from the Toronto, Chicago and Indianapolis sales from late May? There was an email saying they would be sending them out the week of July 3rd I thought. I sent an email and never received any feedback.
smellmysocks73
Art Expert

Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:29 pm

boilerdave wrote:Has anyone received their posters from the Toronto, Chicago and Indianapolis sales from late May? There was an email saying they would be sending them out the week of July 3rd I thought. I sent an email and never received any feedback.
Boilerdave-

Please see the quote below from email blast from JR today to his mailing list:

"Several new things to marinate on. For all of you waiting on items you've ordered, things are moving with speed, now that Jermaine is back in town. For all you patient 'TCV Toronto' folks, thanks so much. Now that the pieces are shipping, we think you'll agree it was worth the wait. The holographic silver foil and matte gold foil editions are impressing a lot of people, and the 'defaced' variants are quite striking. Plus, Jermaine has done a little extra to say 'thanks-for-being-patient': "Hey guys, thanks again for being so understanding. The Toronto deal was a big headache for me and the gang at the studio. Let's just say Canada is a weird place. When your posters are being held hostage in a foreign land, there's not much you can do. In the words of a certain captain of the Millennium Falcon, 'It's not my fault'. Even so, I know the buck stops with me, so I'm including in each and every TCV Toronto order a free poster from my past portfolio. Some of you will receive classic Deftones prints. Others will receive Mars Volta, Radiohead, Morrissey, Foo Fighters, or other prints. Also, proofs, art prints, a bunch of different things. In cleaning out the home-flat-file in my basement, I found lots of really cool paper. Rather than pack it up, accept it as my way of saying I really do appreciate your humanity in the face of irritating delays. Enjoy. -jr"
srdzevon said, "Oh fudge!!! That's awesome! I hate you".
jmacd
Art Expert

Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:05 pm

smellmysocks73 wrote:
boilerdave wrote:Has anyone received their posters from the Toronto, Chicago and Indianapolis sales from late May? There was an email saying they would be sending them out the week of July 3rd I thought. I sent an email and never received any feedback.
Boilerdave-

Please see the quote below from email blast from JR today to his mailing list:

"Several new things to marinate on. For all of you waiting on items you've ordered, things are moving with speed, now that Jermaine is back in town. For all you patient 'TCV Toronto' folks, thanks so much. Now that the pieces are shipping, we think you'll agree it was worth the wait. The holographic silver foil and matte gold foil editions are impressing a lot of people, and the 'defaced' variants are quite striking. Plus, Jermaine has done a little extra to say 'thanks-for-being-patient': "Hey guys, thanks again for being so understanding. The Toronto deal was a big headache for me and the gang at the studio. Let's just say Canada is a weird place. When your posters are being held hostage in a foreign land, there's not much you can do. In the words of a certain captain of the Millennium Falcon, 'It's not my fault'. Even so, I know the buck stops with me, so I'm including in each and every TCV Toronto order a free poster from my past portfolio. Some of you will receive classic Deftones prints. Others will receive Mars Volta, Radiohead, Morrissey, Foo Fighters, or other prints. Also, proofs, art prints, a bunch of different things. In cleaning out the home-flat-file in my basement, I found lots of really cool paper. Rather than pack it up, accept it as my way of saying I really do appreciate your humanity in the face of irritating delays. Enjoy. -jr"

sweet!
justbehmh
Art Expert

Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:15 am

found a golden foil of this print....Yee!
GerryJarcia wrote:oh and coke is only done properly when sniffed of the hardened penis of a homeless man.
boilerdave
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:15 pm

Cool, thanks for the update. I am on his mailing list and didn't get the same email. Hopefully will see it either tomorrow or Saturday then. Thanks again.
fluffhead13
Art Expert

Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:41 pm

Looks like the silver foil is #'d out of 15, not 8. COuld a mod please correct this in the silver foil details? Thanks guys.
lightyears2010
Art Expert

Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:45 pm

just saw the defaced variant...sweetness. who has one they dont want?