T3art
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:20 pm

Dani
9 layer stencil on standard edge canvas
76x61 cm
edition of 6
£120 +pp

not yet on my website so you guys are seeing it first.
PM me if you would like one.

comments appreciated

thanks

T3
T3art
Art Enthusiast

Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:44 am

no one have any comments, good or bad?

aky90be
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:52 am

Since you asked, Personally, I like your other work better, not feeling this one much, looks a bit androgynous and the hand is creepy
"...youre not actually looking at Schulz-Neudamm's tones and lines, youre looking at a jpg of those tones and lines run through a photoshop filter to make them simpler for a simpler printing method. so... superior? ..."

DD -2013
Mention
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:13 am

I like your other work better as well. I'm not sure if it's the colors with this one, or what, but it doesn't feel as life like as some other stuff you've done in the past. The stencil looks great, just not feeling the subject.
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." - Albert Einstein
T3art
Art Enthusiast

Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:49 am

thanks for your replies.
Now that you mention it aky90be she does look alittle androgynous which i didnt realise when drawing this design up. I have been doing this style for awhile but as single layer stencils for the street and was hoping to combine my styles to create new work that looks like a collaboration with myself. I am just trying to develop my style and take my work forward.
Thanks for your comments Mention. This style of stencils i would call semi-abstract and my other style could be classed as semi-realism, or maybe iv just made that up :D The original photogragh is of a beautiful woman and i guess i havent acheived to recreate this in stencil form.

Cheers.