Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
tmurch
Art Expert

Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:42 pm

ghost busters will make my day
Tadrules wrote:Dan Mccarthy is a pimp.
RupertPupkin wrote: This will never change. Idiocy is the true human condition.
charter
Art Expert

Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:43 pm

A ghostbusters print would be amazing.

Looking at past Rolling Roadshows, they have prints to coincide with movies being shown (who wouda thunk right?). Now to just try and figure out the movies they are showing.

Here is the link to 2008
http://www.originalalamo.com/show.aspx?id=5288
http://www.postershizzle.com/tyler-stou ... show-2006/
http://www.postershizzle.com/alamo-draf ... ory-pt3-2/
pewter14
EB Team

Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:44 pm

PorkBelly wrote: In the next few months there are a few tantalizing events. Flash Gordon is one. I know there are some on the site who have been clamoring for a print for this for a while. I am one of them
Hmm, who might that be? 8)

I think all the showings are for the TV Episodes, correct? Granted, they are doing a series of TV prints ... so, it could happen.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
dylansdad
Art Expert

Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:48 pm

The attraction to a print club for me wouldn't be the savings on shipping--it would be the ability to actually get a print instead of having a stroke when a poster drops, watching the loading icons spin around endlessly after returning from Paypal and not having them resolve in time to complete your order--or having them finally stop spinning just to tell you that you need to enter a valid payment method, only you already did but it didn't stick and now the option to do so has disappeared. It's that kind of stuff that's going to shorten my lifespan by a few years.

I know we are expecting a Star Trek II poster, but I would also love one from the Abrams film. Jaws and Ghostbusters are two good candidates from their upcoming calendar.

Tom Whalen just did a cool Jaws poster:

PorkBelly
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:49 pm

pewter14 wrote:
PorkBelly wrote: In the next few months there are a few tantalizing events. Flash Gordon is one. I know there are some on the site who have been clamoring for a print for this for a while. I am one of them
Hmm, who might that be? 8)

I think all the showings are for the TV Episodes, correct? Granted, they are doing a series of TV prints ... so, it could happen.
They are showings of the old serial, I believe. But for the Wolfman release, the Ansin poster was clearly for the Lon Chaney Jr. version so I don't think it is out of the realm of the possible.
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:54 pm

That there is one cool Jaws poster. Is there anyway to pick it up outside of actually going to the screening?
Brooks
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:23 pm

dylansdad wrote:I'm sad that I don't live in Texas.
Hey Austin. Save this date...June 25th. Can't tell you what it's for yet, but we're having a party at the Mondo shop. You'll wanna attend.
Announcement and teaser Friday. You need to be at the party, that's for sure.
I live in Texas, and I am sad I don't live in Austin.
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert

Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:47 pm

PorkBelly, cheers for doing what I talked about in the Stout thread.
Hopefully we see some cool stuff come out of this.
Tservo
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:04 pm

I know this is a little off topic, but does anyone know where to get a hold of any Tom Whalen posters. Also any of the likely suspects would be cool. Would like to see Mondo branching out a bit more or tapping some artists they don't use often.
Image Member T.H.C. Rounds 1-4 Image
pewter14
EB Team

Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:09 pm

Tservo wrote: Would like to see Mondo branching out a bit more or tapping some artists they don't use often.
Interesting comment as I'd say that's what they've been doing all year.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
Tservo
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:15 pm

pewter14 wrote:
Tservo wrote: Would like to see Mondo branching out a bit more or tapping some artists they don't use often.
Interesting comment as I'd say that's what they've been doing all year.
I guess that's true, looking back at that retrospective they posted they have used a lot of artists this year.
Image Member T.H.C. Rounds 1-4 Image
dylansdad
Art Expert

Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:26 am

Tservo wrote:I know this is a little off topic, but does anyone know where to get a hold of any Tom Whalen posters. Also any of the likely suspects would be cool. Would like to see Mondo branching out a bit more or tapping some artists they don't use often.
I wish he had an online store! These are cool:

Image Image Image Image

You can still get some of the pieces he did for Gallery 1988: http://tinyurl.com/27to3or (I picked up the Twilight Zone Kirk.)

Back on topic, I would obviously love to see him do an Alamo poster.
TheRzaRazorSharp
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:57 am

So I will be in Austin on the 25th and 26th and was wonderibg if it's gonna be a print or a metal print. Would like to check out the store as well. Where is it located and do u have to buy tickets. Sorry I'm confused and just really want a print. Any info would be great and some good places for BBQ nearby? Again sorry for all the noob questions.
kramer73
Art Expert

Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:22 am

TheRzaRazorSharp wrote:So I will be in Austin on the 25th and 26th and was wonderibg if it's gonna be a print or a metal print. Would like to check out the store as well. Where is it located and do u have to buy tickets. Sorry I'm confused and just really want a print. Any info would be great and some good places for BBQ nearby? Again sorry for all the noob questions.
if you like sausages, go here:

http://hotdogscoldbeer.com/
mistersmith wrote: Yet another pair of prints that I freak over, plan to frame for my office, buy for too much money, then stash away in a flat file because framing is balls expensive. Can't wait.
ceevee
Art Expert

Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:28 am

TheRzaRazorSharp wrote:Any info would be great and some good places for BBQ nearby?
Lots of great recommendations in this thread: http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 32&t=49287