All Alone Is All We Are 10 McCarthy Release Discussion 05/03

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
tranito
Art Expert

Tue May 04, 2010 5:43 pm

I'm in that camp. I think this will be the print that will outshine the jpeg like crazy, the rain playing a big part of it. So delightful on TRHAS. However, I don't know if people will regret that much passing on it since the usual Mccarthy print ain't really a tough one to get on the aftermarket, fair trade or reasonable priced purchase, there are usually many options to choose from.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
GTMaus
Art Expert

Tue May 04, 2010 7:53 pm

I do think the actual print will blow away the jpeg. Very true about the after maket. Once the subs start to arrive you'll see these everywhere.
“I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.”
-- Kurt Cobain --
wolfmanjack
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 10, 2010 1:23 pm

dan wrote:hi artie... the rain is metallic and yes, the title is from a nirvana song. thanks again! -dan

:drool:
"Dont open my eyes, to nothin like truth, just leave it all lost in the wind, let it hide in the blindness of youth.
Facts of the matter, most likely will always remain, i guess ill be lost in the backyard, til i get home again"
- James McMurtry
morecoffee
Art Expert

Mon May 10, 2010 1:37 pm

wolfmanjack wrote:
dan wrote:hi artie... the rain is metallic and yes, the title is from a nirvana song. thanks again! -dan

GTMaus wrote:I think this is one of those prints where people are going to be pissed at themselves for passing on it.
I'm really thinking the same thing too. I don't have a "Rain" print. I thought the pictures of it with the metallic rain looked awesome. I think this print will end up being among the nicest in the sub...not that they all aren't great so far.
This has been a pretty special year for Dan.
tomandshell

Mon May 10, 2010 8:41 pm

I'm only halfway through my first year in the print club and it's already been well worth it.
maden
Art Expert

Mon May 10, 2010 9:07 pm

tranito wrote:I'm in that camp. I think this will be the print that will outshine the jpeg like crazy, the rain playing a big part of it. So delightful on TRHAS. However, I don't know if people will regret that much passing on it since the usual Mccarthy print ain't really a tough one to get on the aftermarket, fair trade or reasonable priced purchase, there are usually many options to choose from.
Funny thing is, the prints people go nuts over at first seem to stay pretty low on the aftermarket. Prints that linger in the store for 2 or so weeks before selling out seem to command more $$$. When it stays in the store for a while it ensures that the people that are buying it are doing so because they really like it and have had time to think about it. The quick sellouts pull people in with the hype and they buy multiples or buy it without thinking, and they then flood the market. Although that could all have gone out the window since he now has a sizable following.

Regardless of that fact, I am personally a big fan of this one. The more I see it the more I like it, and depending on how it looks in person I think it will be more impressive than some of his recent releases (Night Air I am looking at you).
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around

neshaus
Art Enthusiast

Mon May 10, 2010 9:37 pm

wolfmanjack wrote:

Thank you for finding out, that just sealed the deal for me! I am looking forward to seeing the actual print blow the jpg image away.
RidgeRat
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 12, 2010 12:31 am

For anyone on the fence, there is only two left in stock. So you might want to jump on it if you want to receive it directly from the artist.
"Faced with crisis, the man of character falls back upon himself."
ISO of JLU's

gonzo303
Art Freak

Wed May 12, 2010 6:14 pm

If you just purchased it now, then you got the last copy. SOLD OUT!
Same fudge, different drop.
mossyone
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:37 pm

neshaus wrote:
wolfmanjack wrote:

Thank you for finding out, that just sealed the deal for me! I am looking forward to seeing the actual print blow the jpg image away.
the actual print does not fail to deliver! metallic rain is so sick.