Official Mr. Brainwash Conspiracy Thread

General art-related discussion.
kingofprussia
Art Expert

Mon May 10, 2010 4:48 pm

SteveKai wrote:Didn't Warhol come up with the whole soup can thing and Gagnon put a twist on it? If so, Gagnon is taking credit for something he didn't come up with and is pissed because another artist did the same.
gagnon did put a twist on the soup can but mbw didn't put a twist on anything. he just flat out stole the idea from gagnon.
SteveKai
Art Expert

Mon May 10, 2010 5:00 pm

kingofprussia wrote:
SteveKai wrote:Didn't Warhol come up with the whole soup can thing and Gagnon put a twist on it? If so, Gagnon is taking credit for something he didn't come up with and is pissed because another artist did the same.
gagnon did put a twist on the soup can but mbw didn't put a twist on anything. he just flat out stole the idea from gagnon.
valid point, but i see a bit of irony in Gagnon's beef with MBW. Regardless, I see where Rene is coming from in that MBW's version is an exact duplicate.
spagucci1
Art Expert

Mon May 10, 2010 5:02 pm

SteveKai wrote:
kingofprussia wrote:
valid point, but i see a bit of irony in Gagnon's beef with MBW. Regardless, I see where Rene is coming from in that MBW's version is an exact duplicate.
not an exact duplicate. MBWs has Tomato Spray on the can whereas Rene's has Graffiti on it..... but both are ripoff of Wharhol
lazk
Art Expert

Mon May 10, 2010 5:07 pm

Headed to LA...

T.K.C.
SteveKai
Art Expert

Mon May 10, 2010 5:07 pm

spagucci1 wrote:
SteveKai wrote:
kingofprussia wrote:
not an exact duplicate. MBWs has Tomato Spray on the can whereas Rene's has Graffiti on it..... but both are ripoff of Wharhol
Maybe Rene's real beef lies in that MBW is making massive amounts of $$ and he's not. IMHO marketing and hype play a bigger role in an artist's financial achievements than the actual art does.
nimsu8
Art Expert

Mon May 10, 2010 5:30 pm

dmb22jeep posted the following post in the warhol monroe thread:

" was able to get my Warhol signed Sunday morning when MBW came by - He pointed to the number on it and told me I can erase it, that they are all 1/1

Unless MBW pulled out an eraser and re-numbers it himself Ill leave it there."

Thought this was an interesting comment by MBW about erasing the number as they are 1/1/.. seems like that type of thing could lead to the rise or fall of MBW... The attitude towards art seems pretty cool but the over saturation of the market and not having 'special' limited pieces could be a problem as he views them as all limited..

thoughts??

on my way to alamo to see the Exit movie.. super excited. curious to see what my girlfriend thinks of the whole thing as she will be viewing impartially.
Anonymous - "One of these days I'm going to type something clever or funny and it will end up as someone signature...one of these days"
schmoff
Art Expert

Mon May 10, 2010 5:42 pm

new post on rene's site:

To answer the question many are asking about this so-called fued (it's one-sided by the way)... Some of you know, many of you don't know. A substaintial part of my life was spent in either a breakdancing crew, rap group, or graffiti crew. The way we settled differences in all those mediums was through a battle. Why should this be any different.

Not that I expect you'll answer Mr . Brainwash but consider this a challenge - 24 hour paint off. 1 canvas each, any size - the bigger the better. You do what you do, I'll do what I do. Thats "you" singular without your elves. It's time to end the con. So go brush up on my videos and archives. You Probably didn't last time because you had your elves do it. Bring your A game and show the world you got it, or don't and continue what your doing and pretend you don't know me. Maybe you don't know me... but your elves do.

But I'm coming LA - Brainwash turf will be mine...
dangerboy
Flipper

Mon May 10, 2010 5:45 pm

dude's next potshot print needs to have some green in it
morecoffee wrote:
itsdug wrote:what does mint with pin holes mean?!
Consider it perfect and pure...like a virgin who loves ass play and sucking the clown.
pearlybaker wrote:This place is a magnet for retards with some sort of psychosis.
waxenpi
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 10, 2010 5:51 pm

schmoff wrote:new post on rene's site:

To answer the question many are asking about this so-called fued (it's one-sided by the way)... Some of you know, many of you don't know. A substaintial part of my life was spent in either a breakdancing crew, rap group, or graffiti crew. The way we settled differences in all those mediums was through a battle. Why should this be any different.

Not that I expect you'll answer Mr . Brainwash but consider this a challenge - 24 hour paint off. 1 canvas each, any size - the bigger the better. You do what you do, I'll do what I do. Thats "you" singular without your elves. It's time to end the con. So go brush up on my videos and archives. You Probably didn't last time because you had your elves do it. Bring your A game and show the world you got it, or don't and continue what your doing and pretend you don't know me. Maybe you don't know me... but your elves do.

how can he expect anyone to take him seriously when he sounds like a 6th grader on the playground? This feud sure is one-sided seeing as only side actually seems to give a sh*t lol
SteveKai
Art Expert

Mon May 10, 2010 5:52 pm

schmoff wrote:new post on rene's site:

daaaaaaamn, looking forward to see how this plays out.
jojobadass
Art God

Mon May 10, 2010 6:03 pm

Personally, I think I might like a rap-off instead
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
SteveKai
Art Expert

Mon May 10, 2010 6:17 pm

jojobadass wrote:Personally, I think I might like a rap-off instead
maybe a dance off? That would be awesome.
ottomatik71
Art Expert

Mon May 10, 2010 6:19 pm

jojobadass wrote:Personally, I think I might like a rap-off instead
I think they should have an eating contest.
Who can eat the most escargot in 1 min.
jojobadass
Art God

Mon May 10, 2010 6:23 pm

Did you know that most french restaurants actually stuff canned snails in "prop" shells that they reuse over and over?
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
GR8Dane
Art Expert

Mon May 10, 2010 6:24 pm

an artist jealous of Brainwash.....

Wow.... just.... wow.