help a brother out. recommend a movie.

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
MattTheCraw
Art Expert

Sun May 09, 2010 1:33 am

From the "Been meaning to get to that eventually" pile - Good concept, average execution IMHO - 6/10
Your Australian Poster Guy
gonzo303
Art Freak

Sun May 09, 2010 1:48 am

jjbehren wrote:Watched Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans last night. Cage was actually pretty good. As a guy with back pain, his character was hard to watch. Good movie. 7/10
I thought this movie was horrible not just because Cage was in it but because the whole movie/plot sucked. What was with the weird shots of the animals watching what was going on? Like the the scene with the Troopers and then it shoots to an alligator watching? Don't waste a rental on this.

But The Immagination of Dr. Parnassus was hands down one of the best films I have seen in quite some time. Why did Ledger have to die in his prime?? Great movie just watch twice to catch all.
Same fudge, different drop.
MattTheCraw
Art Expert

Sun May 09, 2010 4:49 am

Half a good film - good idea - slows down quickly - 5/10
MattTheCraw
Art Expert

Mon May 10, 2010 1:20 am

Finally watched it - very good indeed - enjoyed it immensely - I'll be thinking about it for a few days - 8/10
iratasan
Flipper

Mon May 10, 2010 2:10 am

MattTheCraw wrote:
that's what i guessed. i bet that this originally was neither gervais nor CKs idea. bassic idea flawed = shitty movie. easy as that.
MattTheCraw wrote:
Finally watched it - very good indeed - enjoyed it immensely - I'll be thinking about it for a few days - 8/10
took me 14 full days to make my mind up regarding the ending for good. best movie ever done.
MattTheCraw wrote:
From the "Been meaning to get to that eventually" pile - Good concept, average execution IMHO - 6/10
c'mon mate, don't do this to me. the look was like that intentionally, i swear.
aotriple
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 10, 2010 2:12 am

Old boy is amazing
iratasan
Flipper

Mon May 10, 2010 2:22 am

aotriple wrote:Old boy is amazing
:heart:
ColonelCash
Art Expert

Mon May 10, 2010 2:26 am

andruw000 wrote:I didn't see a TV show thread so I will go ahead and post it here: Justified on F/X. I'm really digging this new show. Timothy Olyphant is pretty badass in it... Not as good as a Deadwood, but definitely something to look forward to on Tuesday nights.
Someone told me this was filmed in Nashville, but I've got no drymounting clue where. Hills of TN? Maybe. Nashville? drymount no.
MattTheCraw
Art Expert

Mon May 10, 2010 2:41 am

MattTheCraw wrote:
c'mon mate, don't do this to me. the look was like that intentionally, i swear.[/quote]

I just had a hard time caring about any of the characters, I really didn't care who lived or died. I liked the idea of a whole class of teenagers getting thrown into the situation, I didn't think the story was amazing. It was like The Running Man/Death Race/Etc etc etc - been done before.
MattTheCraw
Art Expert

Mon May 10, 2010 7:44 am

Good solid sequel - sticks to the winning formula of 80% story and character development/ 20% action - Lots of fun 7/10

PS - make sure you stay until the credits have finished rolling (Just like in Iron Man 1)
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Mon May 10, 2010 8:50 am

ColonelCash wrote:
andruw000 wrote:I didn't see a TV show thread so I will go ahead and post it here: Justified on F/X. I'm really digging this new show. Timothy Olyphant is pretty badass in it... Not as good as a Deadwood, but definitely something to look forward to on Tuesday nights.
Someone told me this was filmed in Nashville, but I've got no drymounting clue where. Hills of TN? Maybe. Nashville? drymount no.
yeah it's no deadwood but it's enjoyable enough to keep me watching and I watch very little TV.
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert

Mon May 10, 2010 10:16 am

MattTheCraw wrote: Good solid sequel - sticks to the winning formula of 80% story and character development/ 20% action - Lots of fun 7/10
Agreed, thought it was fun. It was a bit of a mess, and with any other cast it probably wouldn't have been as likable, but its a charming, popcorn comic book movie.

Side note: as cool as the Avengers sections were, they kind of messed up the movie's pace and brought me out of the story. Wasn't as subtle and well done as the small SHIELD bits from the first.
fredo
Art God

Wed May 12, 2010 6:09 pm

So now they want people to believe that the Tom mates with other humans sexually.
No dice- the immutable laws of biology maintain that this cannot happen and everybody knows it.

"Open up. I got about a trillion spores on my tongue that I need to deposit into your lungs."
just a foil for me today, thanks
bigB_3
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 12, 2010 6:20 pm

MattTheCraw wrote:Image

Horrible movie. I would recommend NOT seeing it. :hanging:
Jobiwan24
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 12, 2010 7:09 pm

iratasan wrote:
MattTheCraw wrote:
that's what i guessed. i bet that this originally was neither gervais nor CKs idea. bassic idea flawed = shitty movie. easy as that.
MattTheCraw wrote:
took me 14 full days to make my mind up regarding the ending for good. best movie ever done.
MattTheCraw wrote:
c'mon mate, don't do this to me. the look was like that intentionally, i swear.

Pretty common case here of the book being WAY better. Book 10/10 Movie 4/10
dylansdad wrote:
I don't need it all. I just need the next one. Then I'll stop.