Official Mr. Brainwash Conspiracy Thread

General art-related discussion.
dmm8878
Art Expert

Sun May 09, 2010 8:21 pm

dangerboy wrote:i wanna hear more about how foodrap was in a position to "deny" someone
he was working the event officially this time, it seemed. apparently they handed out 200 tickets to the first 200 people in line, well before i ever got there. i'm guessing some of those people bailed on the line. so when there were five of us staring at the last print on the table, and none of us had tickets, we all tried to BS him for it. hence, denied by FOODRAP. straight hustlin', yo. 8)
ottomatik71 wrote:Your punk ass attitude isn't going to help you get this print.
thebends9
Art Expert

Sun May 09, 2010 8:21 pm

dangerboy wrote:i wanna hear more about how foodrap was in a position to "deny" someone
We were working off the list again. It went a lot smoother than the first time; People who had tickets were allowed in ten at a time. If you didnt have a ticket, you didnt get in...until the prints had been distributed. Then they gave the remainder of prints to people whose names were on the list post-200 (These people did not have tickets).
dmm8878
Art Expert

Sun May 09, 2010 8:24 pm

thebends9 wrote:
We were working off the list again. It went a lot smoother than the first time; People who had tickets were allowed in ten at a time. If you didnt have a ticket, you didnt get in...until the prints had been distributed. Then they gave the remainder of prints to people whose names were on the list post-200 (These people did not have tickets).
ah, i see. it still seemed like they had no idea what to do with the last one. and no one had a good claim to it. but i showed my cards.
ottomatik71 wrote:Your punk ass attitude isn't going to help you get this print.
thebends9
Art Expert

Sun May 09, 2010 8:29 pm

My friends gf was #217 and she received one of the last few. MBW even splattered silver paint on it.
ciphe
Art Expert

Sun May 09, 2010 8:47 pm

ahhh just got back had a great time, a lot more organized than last time!
besides the moochers who brought their whole families and signed their names just to get the print (I got there at 9am and I was #80, crazy!)

brainwash was more than kind this time:
autographed everything and anything handed to him for an hour or so
set up at least 100+ sparay cans, about 30+ pints of paints and brushes and let everyone do their thing in the basement
more than enough of every show litho to take

overall the upstairs was about 80% remixed and was perfectly executed from new tire sculptures (snoopy, graffiti kangaroo, mickey mouse, elephants painting and the horse completley tagged) to the heart splash made from old spray cans. Pictures to come soon!
ottomatik71
Art Expert

Sun May 09, 2010 8:58 pm

SteveKai wrote:Back to the Anne Hathaway thing. We've got a new mission, guys. We need to make this the reason behind Anne dumping this douchebag. The MBW hype would reach an all new level.
I sent the info and photos to PerezHilton.com.
:wink:
so now ALL of Hollywood will know about it.(that is if Perez thinks it's worthy news.)

come on peeps...get this story out there.
ciphe
Art Expert

Sun May 09, 2010 9:13 pm

some iphone pics until I load the ones from my camera

dangerboy
Flipper

Sun May 09, 2010 9:15 pm

dmm8878 wrote:
he was working the event officially this time, it seemed. apparently they handed out 200 tickets to the first 200 people in line, well before i ever got there. i'm guessing some of those people bailed on the line. so when there were five of us staring at the last print on the table, and none of us had tickets, we all tried to BS him for it. hence, denied by FOODRAP. straight hustlin', yo. 8)
oic. i was thinking it sounded more like he snubbed you on purpose or something i guess. shoulda started talkin about his magazine article...
morecoffee wrote:
itsdug wrote:what does mint with pin holes mean?!
Consider it perfect and pure...like a virgin who loves ass play and sucking the clown.
pearlybaker wrote:This place is a magnet for retards with some sort of psychosis.
blazedoutbee
Art Expert

Sun May 09, 2010 9:41 pm

I have a full set of lithos if someone wants to pay the postage.....

douchebags need not apply

ALL GONE THANKS FOR PLAYING!
Last edited by blazedoutbee on Sun May 09, 2010 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blazedoutbee
Art Expert

Sun May 09, 2010 10:00 pm

noeldrumbor
Art Connoisseur

Sun May 09, 2010 10:13 pm

That Hitchcock stencil piece must have come back since yesterday...i walked past there several times today and don't remember any pieces missing or things being out of place. funny though...since i was joking of doing the same all day long. Behind all of the wood panels are new outdoor pieces that mbw is working on.....i saw some dali/spraycans and what looked like the start of 1-2 murals. the Hitchcocks are just there temporary, probably only till the end of the week when he is done. now that's the day to go dumpster diving. He used the exact same stencil to do the one guy's work/delivery truck from the Bronx. Can't wait to see that truck running around the city. i took some pics, but not with a good camera...i'm sure Foodrap has some great ones, he was able to get in before they opened and shoot photos for a bit. and fyi...someone else was running the list/line so save the beefs. my man chris was #70 something on the list....just like the rest us. only person who got hooked up today was #1 in the line. again, i'm sure someone with video and photos will be posting before long. But, it's kind of lame to think that 1/2 the people there didn't bother to take photos or hang out and were more interested in getting home to be the first to list their haul on ebay.

As for the Icons Re-mix; definitely worth coming and taking a second look. There were a handful of substantial new large artworks (maybe 15-20); several new tire sculptures (mickey mouse/snoopy n woodstock; kangaroo; +2-3 others); and mainly the entire space is covered in paint now. The crowd was encouraged to destroy the basement; which made the whole place smell like fresh paint the whole time. The ground floor; looked like mbw literally covered everything in paint; even the entire stairwell. In summery, alot less actual art works then i expected but alot more done with the space. Like some walls are stenciled/painted right on the wall...nothing for sale. Only complaint; bathrooms were closed. Thanks out to Spice Market; 1st place in the city that actually let me just use their bathroom.

ps. has anyone asked mbw if he is in the KISS Army? all i'm saying is lifesize kiss cutout stencils!!!
thebends9
Art Expert

Sun May 09, 2010 10:15 pm

The spray painted stairwell was badass...
Kdh12
Art Freak

Sun May 09, 2010 10:43 pm

gonzo303 wrote:If your gonna put me on there, you really need to be on there! Your just as big a drymounting tool as whyhoo.

not sure why you feel like being the ebeans police and calling everyone out.. for what is just your opinion
mmmm Beer :pint:
Kdh12
Art Freak

Sun May 09, 2010 10:51 pm

SteveKai wrote:
spagucci1 wrote:Somebody needs to make Hathaway's chump of a boyfriend pay up for his douchiness. What a prick. What goes around comes around and he will get what's coming to him.
spag,
i wish that statement were true, but my experience in life so far is that it's not. Shadiness and thievery are more often rewarded than punished. I read a report somewhere that more than half of the multi-millionaires in the world became millionaires by using shady and border line illegal methods in business.

I fully believe that what goes around comes around,

look at life over a span and you see things come full circle
mmmm Beer :pint:
blazedoutbee
Art Expert

Sun May 09, 2010 11:08 pm

:pint:
Last edited by blazedoutbee on Mon May 10, 2010 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.