All You Need Is Love 10 Mr Brainwash Release Discussion 04/1

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
AttorneyGreg
Art Expert

Sat May 01, 2010 3:12 pm

It wasn't MBW, but I just had USPS leave a delivery notice in my mailbox so now I have to wait til Monday and get it from the post office - so I know your pain.

EDIT: Postman came back and has earned my praise (said he drives past at the end of his route so stopped back). Very nice of him. Now to open that package.
mr_rugby
Art Expert

Sat May 01, 2010 6:13 pm

SteveKai wrote:My scheduled delivery was for today. I called UPS at 7pm. They said a driver is definitely going to stop by and attempt a signed delivery. That didn't happen. Now my tracking info says "Rescheduled delivery date of 5/3"....lame. I'm not pissed about not having it delivered today, i'm pissed about UPS dropping the ball. Signed deliveries are already a pain in the ass, top it off with blatant lies by the customer rep and it makes for a great time! :P
Just a heads up, samething happend to me for my Fairey Compassion Print, and it showed up trashed....
SteveKai
Art Expert

Sun May 02, 2010 4:06 am

mr_rugby wrote:
SteveKai wrote:My scheduled delivery was for today. I called UPS at 7pm. They said a driver is definitely going to stop by and attempt a signed delivery. That didn't happen. Now my tracking info says "Rescheduled delivery date of 5/3"....lame. I'm not pissed about not having it delivered today, i'm pissed about UPS dropping the ball. Signed deliveries are already a pain in the ass, top it off with blatant lies by the customer rep and it makes for a great time! :P
Just a heads up, samething happend to me for my Fairey Compassion Print, and it showed up trashed....
Really? What exactly happened, tube crushed, torn etc? I can just picture the ups dudes at local headquarters tossing it in a pile etc. If one of them is having a bad day he'll take his anger and frustrations out on your package. I hate getting damaged goods in the mail. Hopefully it arrives in good shape.
mr_rugby
Art Expert

Sun May 02, 2010 7:58 am

SteveKai wrote:
mr_rugby wrote:
Really? What exactly happened, tube crushed, torn etc? I can just picture the ups dudes at local headquarters tossing it in a pile etc. If one of them is having a bad day he'll take his anger and frustrations out on your package. I hate getting damaged goods in the mail. Hopefully it arrives in good shape.
It didn't even arrive in the tube, they were nice enough to replace the tube with a triangler mailer. The print was flat, like it was stepped on. The day before I wasn't home to sign for the tube so they left me a UPS note. The day I was home they gently knocked on my door and left the tube outside my door and made a run for the truck. If the UPS driver didn't have to turn the truck around he would of got away. He knew something was up and I asked him about the whole rescheduled update on my tracking update, he said "I don't know what to tell you" then he semmed pissed that he had to take the package back.

I'm not saying this will happen to you...just that whole rescheduled date scares me

good luck
FOODRAP
Art Expert

Mon May 03, 2010 6:21 am

i spoke with Thieery friday night, asked the assistant why the prints had been rescheduled? Thierry jumped in and said " chris, i came back from europe and had to finish the signing thats why they left late..."
dmm8878
Art Expert

Mon May 03, 2010 8:21 am

when i track my order, it still just says "billing info received". ::sigh:: are these shipping from NYC or LA?
ottomatik71 wrote:Your punk ass attitude isn't going to help you get this print.
nimsu8
Art Expert

Mon May 03, 2010 8:41 am

dmm8878 wrote:when i track my order, it still just says "billing info received". ::sigh:: are these shipping from NYC or LA?
LA
Anonymous - "One of these days I'm going to type something clever or funny and it will end up as someone signature...one of these days"
kingburdy
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 03, 2010 11:14 am

Finally got a delivery date, 5-6 for me here in the Midwest. :clap: Hopefully others get theirs soon if you don't already have one. I'm starting to think getting excited over splattered paint seems a little ridiculous :drool:--I like ridiculous :D :D I was over at a buddies house and he had a Balvenie scotch tube that had orange paint splatters and it had my heart racing when I was looking at it, had to tell my self it had nothing to do with MBW :hanging:....
lightyears2010
Art Expert

Mon May 03, 2010 5:14 pm

lame, mine still says this...

Tracking Detail

Billing information has been sent to UPS. Check site later for updated shipment status or contact shipper for more details.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon May 03, 2010 5:28 pm

It's all part of the hype.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
maden
Art Expert

Mon May 03, 2010 5:58 pm

UPS says it should be arriving in Chicago on the 6th.
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around

fiktionvt
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 03, 2010 6:26 pm

Is it just me or is anyone else disappointed in the lack of splatter on some of these prints? I saw one posted here and there is one on ebay right now and it seems to be lacking the splatter I desire. :( I hope this is not the case when mine arrives on the 6th.
derek
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 03, 2010 6:30 pm

Mine just arrived minty fresh! Also came wrapped in a Chaplin and a Liberty litho. Anybody looking for a Chaplin that would be willing to trade for some postcards or a maxspray litho?
KNEEL13
EB Team

Mon May 03, 2010 6:31 pm

fiktionvt wrote:...it seems to be lacking the splatter I desire.
:lol: Sorry, that made me laugh, but I now what you mean. My Liberty lacked the splatter I desired. :D
neshaus
Art Enthusiast

Mon May 03, 2010 6:36 pm

one of mine just arrived with blue tape on the ends of the telescoping tube... you almost got me mbw. ALMOST.